Sign in to follow this  
Nisv

WARNING!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!!

diegoteck

noob taking notes here

Mossy99

I'm a new boy too, was about to splash out $575 on a "UK" based site when I found this fantastic place.

911S

Glad I stopped in here and joined, I came real close to pulling the trigger on a watch then thought better of it. Looks like this is the place for good info-thanks!

scooke1827

I have a noobie question related to this. When going through the list of reputable dealers I clicked the direct link to "http://www.timeshops.net/"'>http://www.timeshops.net/" I have since noticed on their posts, and when other more experienced members mention the site they reference "www.timesshops.net" or "www.timesshop.net" The only spelling I don't see is the spelling on the direct link that I just purchased a watch from. Shoul I be worried or have I purchased a watch from a reputable dealer? I've heard great things about timesshop and Mark, the owner, but I just wanted to make sure that is the site that I purchased from. Also when you click "contact us" on http://www.timeshops.net/ there is only a blank window, no email addresses or anything. I've seen all to many noobies worrying, who eventually are very happy with their purchase. I am trying very hard not to be one, but alas... Here I sit.

greg_r

I have a noobie question related to this. When going through the list of reputable dealers I clicked the direct link to "http://www.timeshops.net/" I have since noticed on their posts, and when other more experienced members mention the site they reference "www.timesshops.net" or "www.timesshop.net" The only spelling I don't see is the spelling on the direct link that I just purchased a watch from. Shoul I be worried or have I purchased a watch from a reputable dealer? I've heard great things about timesshop and Mark, the owner, but I just wanted to make sure that is the site that I purchased from. Also when you click "contact us" on http://www.timeshops.net/ there is only a blank window, no email addresses or anything. I've seen all to many noobies worrying, who eventually are very happy with their purchase. I am trying very hard not to be one, but alas... Here I sit.

TS have a couple of addresses. You're fine. Contact info is on the home page of the link you pasted.

scooke1827

TS have a couple of addresses. You're fine. Contact info is on the home page of the link you pasted.

Thank you. That gives me some relief. I'm really excited to see what looks like a beautiful watch.

balkso

thanks!!!!!

JohnS

I was ready to hit "I Agree" at iparadisiac. Glad I found this site!

Edited by greg_r
scammer link removed

Gbkirsch

Whew, saved by the skin of your teeth!!!

TheDecorator

You guys saved me some cash, now the first wait on delivery begins!

meha32

nice to find a trusted site, too many con men out there

Leemac

I was nearly suckered by the wathces by James site until the penny dropped that he only reccomemded one site. So glad I found is place and just bought my first rollie rep.

flyr

You guys saved me some cash, now the first wait on delivery begins!

Don't kid yourself, you will NOT save money here! It's too late for you now,the first of many is winging it's way to you.

TheDecorator

It's all relative, beats dropping $18k on the real thing. Why service when you can just buy a new watch every time :giggle:

Yachtcarlos

Hey there, wanted to introduce myself, I don't remember if I have. I have owned other reps bought from friends friends friend out of his trunk. Anyway, I just orederd from Marvellous 3 reps and posted some pics with post but the pics don't show on my post, could you help me post the QC pics? (I know I should have posted BEFORE I purchased, but newbie mistake here). Thanks for the help.

Jacksongo

Hey there, wanted to introduce myself, I don't remember if I have. I have owned other reps bought from friends friends friend out of his trunk. Anyway, I just orederd from Marvellous 3 reps and posted some pics with post but the pics don't show on my post, could you help me post the QC pics? (I know I should have posted BEFORE I purchased, but newbie mistake here). Thanks for the help.

as a noobie, our best tool is the search bar, use it and you will feel in heaven

I hope that helps

TheDecorator

and if you still can't find the answer (photobucket) when start a new topic!

incidentally think most TDs don't really like their QC pics being put all over the forum pre transaction.

SSTEEL

And why is this in Scammers thread?

TheDecorator

What a scam!

jboshey

So, after months of being a member of RWI Forum, looking for the best dealers and reading the fourms about trusted dealers. I am so glad that I found this site. The information here is more congruent with how the real world thinks.

Thanks everyone!

YJFarmer

Bad idea on the QC pics.... Read more about this.....

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=49127

Blaxbolt

Knowing is half the battle.

Rasputin1917

Very good Nisv.

here's to hoping that Noobs will read this before starting "is ______ a scam site?"

Thanks.

I admire your optimism Jeff...most don't read the new members section .so i doubt if they will read this....here's hoping..

@ Nisv'

Agreat post mate , and very informative .lets hope for their sakes they take the time to read it..

Nice one

Dal...........

I am new to the site but not new to the Replica's. I actually found this thread very helpful and was well worth the read. and as a side note, how do I upload pics and a an avatar?

Nightbird

Informative indeed..Why do all TD's don't have sub forums?

cyntheph

HI, I joined the forum to ask about a possible scam. Has anyone heard or bought from hotwatchess.com? I ordered a watch and havent heard from them. :(