Sign in to follow this  
Nisv

WARNING!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!!

H3X4GON
HI, I joined the forum to ask about a possible scam. Has anyone heard or bought from hotwatchess.com? I ordered a watch and havent heard from them. :(

If its not a TD, it's not trusted, ergo it's probably a scam. Stick to the TD's, for your own sake

JoelMarrs

Hey there thanks for the information out there...if not been carefull.many of us can be tricked into fraudulent transactions but after reading this post the members must have become aware of the ways to avoid the scammers..very nice post highly appreciate it.

greg_r

HI, I joined the forum to ask about a possible scam. Has anyone heard or bought from hotwatchess.com? I ordered a watch and havent heard from them. :(

Well, they're using gen photos and listing watches that haven't been repped, so your chances ain't good, I'm afraid...

jeffw69

hotasswatches.com? :giggle:

bulawayo

That was me - Had the watch in the shopping cart when something told me, "see what others say about that site..." came up with a comment about that site here with another one who was just about to press "BUY" when something said, "One more google..."

I guess I was one of the lucky ones as well.

Even though I can't wait to get my rep, I'm gonna at least take my time and go through all of the stickies.

Will keep you posted.

THANKS!!!

Great post!!

I was one of the lucky ones who were just about to pay and smelt a rat.

"One more google". And I'm glad I did. Found this place and never looked back.

A definite starting place for all members.

Well done nisv. At least we can be poor for the right reasons

7BB2FFC3-3BBF-43C4-9D93-823E2574CE52-3751-00000537958B82B5.jpg

kyle

Greetings all!

Harbordman

I'm a Noob to this world and have found all the info within this section of the forum to be most helpfull.

I intend to read as many posts, reviews ect before making my first purchase.

The only problem I have now is deciding on which watch I want.

Thanks to all on here for there help.

nikkoman88

Thanks for this post. I have been let down before by a dodgy site. I am looking to start a collection as I love watches so I am very pleased I have found this forum!

Porkie08

Great post... Great site!

Easyjetrider

I too, nearly went down the Watches by James / Iparadisiac route before finding this website! Thank you RWG - looking forward to my first purchase.

tallen3335

Great website. Looked through and searched most topics. Will use your trusted dealer list to decide my purchase but was curious that I couldn't find anything about a website called bestclones.cd Any thoughts?

Edited by greg_r
active link to obvious scam site disabled

greg_r

Great website. Looked through and searched most topics. Will use your trusted dealer list to decide my purchase but was curious that I couldn't find anything about a website called bestclones.cd Any thoughts?

aka BestSwiss. Ripoff merchants, as should be obvious from looking at their pricing. Avoid.

SWRLOGS

Noob here , read and digested thanks .

trailboss99

So, after months of being a member of RWI Forum, looking for the best dealers and reading the fourms about trusted dealers. I am so glad that I found this site. The information here is more congruent with how the real world thinks.

Thanks everyone!

And the problem with the way info is presented at RWI is . . . ?

Informative indeed..Why do all TD's don't have sub forums?

All TDs do have sub forums mate.

Warfordd

A good read, I was brought here by what I thought was a good site and didnt have to look very far to see it was poop! Saved me a small fortune, Thank you! :)

Darrenandstacie

Noob here saying thanks for all the info you guys have amassed. Hope to contribute at some point, if I have money left for an electronic device after I buy a million watches......am I the only one who finds it hard not to want everything??? Alas all in good time right? Love the banter I've read too. Add this Irishman to the mix...cheers all! Slainte!

Shaolin

This is a sticky right here :D

x2

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse fellas :)

ramliver1

Read. Learning as much as I can.

Silva97

Great advice, getting ready to try a TD. Now to narrow the want list!

b_bryson854

Do not buy from omegaoutletshop.com. Found out the hard way before I stumbled on this site and RWI. Payed for an AP ROO with "swiss" movement 2 weeks ago. Still haven't gotten it. Got a fake tracking number from the dealer 3 days after I wrote an email to cancel the order. Probably never see the watch or the money again!

Speedracer61

I am also one that almost bought but continued searching and found this site! Cooled my jets a bit and now doing a lot of reading and research first!

klt11

Having to read all these intros before I make purchases of my own

bubaye

I got scammed once too ._.