Sign in to follow this  
carus007

WATCHLAND - BODRUM TURKEY

carus007

Hi Guys,

I went on holiday recently.

I discovered a Rep watch shop in Bodrum called 'Watchland'

This place was full of all different rep's from Breilting to Gucci!

I had a quick word with the owner, He told me that its was ok to take some pictures so I did.

Quite a nice guy really but the prices seem very high for lower end 21J watches, Price £90.

Anybody who is going or planning a holiday to Turkey or Kos should take a look at this place.

Check the pictures out,

All the best Russ

039.jpg

037.jpg

031.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

038.jpg

032.jpg

Miracle

Foook me.

dalboy

Love that PO torby.............just like the gen.. :Whistle:

Hope you and the family enjoyed the trip...

Dal.....

YoungGPS

What a collection. The cost of the rent for the place probably plays a big role with his pricing.

kevin123

HA HA wow thats amazing! did you buy anything?

theflyingdutchman

I did see one or 2 nice ones.... it is just such a long drive!

carus007

HA HA wow thats amazing! did you buy anything?

Not this time as I have a thing for Swiss Watches at the moment!

Been here a few time and he remembered me, Also he told me he send's alot to Uk,

He take's Paypal and you can order direct from him.

But I would stick with the TD's

Edited by carus007

baxter

Now that's a shop !!! thanks for posting :) I guess if you didn't know about mov'ts and pricing and hadn't had any access to reps before it would probably seem pretty exciting - especially if you were in the holiday spirit !!

carus007

Yes I still get quite excited, even though I did not buy anything this time,

He has the lot Panerai's etc

There is about 5-6 shops on this same street just the same as this.

Grimmi

Yeah, it's pretty freaky walking into a shop like that.

I remember going into "Bagus Watch" shop in Bali and breaking into a sweat ;) but alas, the same thing... All were pretty dodgy and wouldn't go near them.

I did find some good ones in Bangkok at MBK centre but had to talk for a while until they went "out the back" and found the better reps...

Still, in a shop like that its easy for your head to spin...

Del

Great shop! As was said above, he'll need to charge more to cover his overheads.

:thumbsup2:

Loonie

Nice pics :)

markeym3

Nice one just like the shops in marmaris too , you can get some nice pieces but also some horrors Too , I get excited too when you look around , where do you stay ?

carus007

Nice one just like the shops in marmaris too , you can get some nice pieces but also some horrors Too , I get excited too when you look around , where do you stay ?

We normally stay in Kos, Greece! We just come over on the boat for the day, it only take's about 20 mins.

I have stayed in Turkey before but found the hassle from most shop owners is a pain in the arse,

Shame as it's a nice country.

markeym3

I know what you mean , I have a house there in a small village by the sea called Akyaka not touristy very nice way of life but nice to go to marmaris to look around at times , yes it's a nice country , nice people .

gez45

I know what you mean , I have a house there in a small village by the sea called Akyaka not touristy very nice way of life but nice to go to marmaris to look around at times , yes it's a nice country , nice people .

We usually stay in Icmeler which is a short drive from Marmaris, and I always go for a walk around the bazaar in Marmaris. Whilst most of the watches are ok as daily beaters it's still exciting to see all the shops with hundreds of watches on display. If you get talking to the owners they usually have a briefcase tucked away somewhere with more expensive watches in for the more "discerning" watch fan, they were very very interested and complimentary when they saw the 390 and 219 that I got from ToroI that I had with me, I'll be back next year for another fix :giggle:

hnic

nice

no nice breitlings?

been in bodrum twice

years ago didnt see this back then

carus007

Yes some nice Breitlings,

but not upto TD's standard's.

Certainly no Seawolfs

hnic

haha okay

nice review

markeym3

We usually stay in Icmeler which is a short drive from Marmaris, and I always go for a walk around the bazaar in Marmaris. Whilst most of the watches are ok as daily beaters it's still exciting to see all the shops with hundreds of watches on display. If you get talking to the owners they usually have a briefcase tucked away somewhere with more expensive watches in for the more "discerning" watch fan, they were very very interested and complimentary when they saw the 390 and 219 that I got from ToroI that I had with me, I'll be back next year for another fix :giggle:

ah yes I know ichmeler well,I am only around 20 miles from you ,, you probably have seen the same watch places as me , yes most of them have a few tucked away under the counter , some are great quality but a bit pricey at times too ..

The Breitling selection seems to be a bit poor which is a shame ,

DeLaForce

Impressive layout

Kal-el

thats how candy land looks like... Hmmmm

jonnydogfox

guys i have been to turkey for the past 8 years and have been to bodrum every time as i always stay in gumbet which is 10 mins away from bodrum. i know all of these watch shops like the back of my hand.i have only ever found one good shop in bodrum and it's called dolphin. his reps are amazing compared to watchland also one in gumbet called g&g brothers is of same quality as dolphin so if any of you guys do go be sure to check these 2 shops out.