Sign in to follow this  
deadmeat

Let's see your bench / tool setup

10:10 Watch Repair

Very nice Chris, is this your main work bench?

That is the main one, currently being remodeled.

The stereo microscope is new to me, and after just completing a couple of services with it, and getting used to a new way of working, I don't know that I will ever go back to loupes.

Bob Reed

We get a lot of stuff like that into work I already put my order in for one. Problem is getting one I can use we even get micron microscopes in! Also have joined the school you pointed me to.

offshore

Bob,

If you are thinking of getting something-

A little trick with stereo microscopes.

Get one with higher mag than needed. (40X is enough, so get 80X or higher)

Then fit a X 0.5 lens, This effectively halves your mag but doubles your lens to subject dimension. allowing you to get tools under the lens.

Offshore

Bob Reed

Bob,

If you are thinking of getting something-

A little trick with stereo microscopes.

Get one with higher mag than needed. (40X is enough, so get 80X or higher)

Then fit a X 0.5 lens, This effectively halves your mag but doubles your lens to subject dimension. allowing you to get tools under the lens.

Offshore

Oh great idea! I will keep that in mind. We have a shipment coming in next week that may contain several of these.

sam77

here's one:

49BB39B6-252E-4676-B07D-E9CF628EED0D-1291-0000027DC0B534FF_zpsa4ac87ca.jpg

ohhhh man thats the best winder EVER !!

tesmith2112

Nice setup. I'm thinking of getting a bench & various accessories in place of where i normally make all my repairs/adjustments- on my computer desk with a towel in front of my computer.

IMAG0510.jpg

This looks almost identical to my setup, the monitors, business phone, ipad charging, balls scratcher, etc. Same crappy tools too, no offense. :)

level z

Nice setup. I'm thinking of getting a bench & various accessories in place of where i normally make all my repairs/adjustments- on my computer desk with a towel in front of my computer.

IMAG0510.jpg

just curious about some of your tools ... could you please enlighten ? by the way my most used tools on my table is the back scratcher just like yours in the pic ... :)

Capture.png

sequoia

IMAG0510.jpg

just curious about some of your tools ... could you please enlighten ? by the way my most used tools on my table is the back scratcher just like yours in the pic ... :)

Capture.png

The egg beater thing is actually a head scratcher. My most used tools are cape cod cloth, sticky ball and tiny screw drivers.

level z

Cool ... :)

Bob Reed

This is the temporary setup. Something a little more permanent is on the horizon. Just waiting for a few more arrivals.

WorkArea-2.jpg

That's how everyone starts

DeLaForce

Spare room turned into my watch mess :)it's in my first house so will be last on the list to renovate , but it works for now :)

9f0e5afaacd791643cfcae88b6e21e83.jpg

Bob Reed

So here is the more permanent setup. Lots more to go but this is a good start!

100_0018.jpg

NCRich

Very nice Bob.

Bob Reed

Have made some improvements and added a few things. More on the way!

WorkArea.jpg

looks like a dark basement with no windows, Bob. Good start.

Bob Reed

No actually, it is this room on the second floor.. There is a window to the left. It is dark outside!

Fullshot.jpg

sequoia

Got a couple of items for Christmas watch related- Telescoping magnifing light/some tools from RWG store & photo tent.

Forgot also got a watch holder for some of my watches.

20121230095725861.jpg

20121230095741387.jpg20121230100919178.jpg

black263

Got a couple of items for Christmas watch related- Telescoping magnifing light/some tools from RWG store & photo tent.

20121230095725861.jpg

Are those light fitted with black light bulbs, cos they appear to be projecting darkness onto the box. :giggle:

sequoia

20121230095725861.jpg

Are those light fitted with black light bulbs, cos they appear to be projecting darkness onto the box. :giggle:

Actually neither light is on. The light on the left side is from a window in the room. :giggle:

black263

20121230095725861.jpg

Actually neither light is on. The light on the left side is from a window in the room. :giggle:

NAAH. If you look at the left lamp, you can see the circle of darkness projected onto the tent.