Sign in to follow this  
lapinobel

A7750 : date not advancing

lapinobel

Have a little problem with my IWC : when the day passes, the day (mon/tue/...) changes fine but the number stays the same. I always need to manually adjust it, which works fine. It doesn't feel stuck when doing so though, so I wonder why it's not advancing on its own. Any hint on how I can fix this?

lapinobel

Nobody, another thing of note: when I change the time and/or date, the bottom dial (hours from chrono) advances about 2 hours and then seems to follow the hours of the day. When I start and reset the chrono, it jumps back to 12 position, but then it seems the date does not advance with the hours.

Member X

Sounds like it needs a service!

lapinobel

Anyone got an idea if there is someone in Belgium or Holland who can do this? I've asked Wiz but turnaround time is +8 weeks :/

10:10 Watch Repair

sounds like the day wheel lifted off the movement and is not engaged with it's driving wheel or jumper.

and, the brake on the 12 hour wheel might not be engaged.

lapinobel

Suppose this isn't something I can fix myself, have 0 experience nor the tools. Still, I don't want to be without this watch for several weeks getting it fixed (at least not for now, it's brand new and I love wearing it).

10:10 Watch Repair

Suppose this isn't something I can fix myself, have 0 experience nor the tools. Still, I don't want to be without this watch for several weeks getting it fixed (at least not for now, it's brand new and I love wearing it).

you might want to consider wearing it as-is then.

lapinobel

Any idea if a regular watchsmith should be able to service this?

dalboy

You say its brand new ..!! how old is it..

Dal..

lapinobel

Bought the watch from corv99, who bought it a few weeks ago and never wore it (was still in plastic).

dalboy

If you cant live with it as is your gonna have to repair it..i would suggest you PM keNny..he may be able to do it sooner ..other than that patience is the key..

Dal.....

lapinobel

Where is Kenny located? Suppose it's best to get it fixed in Europe because of custom issues. Guess that this is also part of the 'game'. First rep failing on me. I am kind of a perfectionist so know I need to get it fixed to be 100 percent satisfied with it :)

agrimtex
Where is Kenny located? Suppose it's best to get it fixed in Europe because of custom issues. Guess that this is also part of the 'game'. First rep failing on me. I am kind of a perfectionist so know I need to get it fixed to be 100 percent satisfied with it :)

I am having the same problem with my iwc 3777.

First, the watch was working fine and stayed in its box for 15 days. When I wore it yesterday, and set the time and date, this morning only the day have changed to friday, and the date remained 27.

Did you finally got yours Repaired ? What was the problem ? Any ideas on what may be the problem and is there any easy fix ?

Thx

JSJ

I am having the same problem with my iwc 3777.

First, the watch was working fine and stayed in its box for 15 days. When I wore it yesterday, and set the time and date, this morning only the day have changed to friday, and the date remained 27.

Did you finally got yours Repaired ? What was the problem ? Any ideas on what may be the problem and is there any easy fix ?

Thx

This can happen and it is sometimes completely recoverable without any special effort.

Firstly, never change the date with the hour hand between 10 and 2 on a 7750 (actually, now I know how they work I won't do it on any watch but that is probably overcautious on gens that are not 7750s).

Now pull out the crown gently. If the crown won't come out, gently turn it and try again. If it really won't come out, let the watch run for a few hours then try again.

Turn the crown forwards (always move the time forwards, not backwards). You will probably go past midnight and then you can watch if the date changes at that time.

Stop the time setting at 6 am (the 6 o'clock after the date changed).

Now push in the crown all the way and then pull it out to its first stop. Now set the date and day for a couple of days before the correct date you want.

Pull out the crown to the time setting position. Wind the time through midnight again and watch to see if the day changes. It probably will.

Wind on again through the days until you have the correct date.

Set the time.

If the date still doesn't change, try it a couple more times.

If it really still isn't changing, you need some help with it.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

When the time is set to 6 am,

agrimtex

Many thanks JSJ.

I have always followed the guide/instructions for the a7750 as i was aware that it was a rather unstable movement.

I have also followed all your steps unforthunately without success.

I'm so sad for my loved Iwc :(

agrimtex

I have tried one last time for piece of mind, and while the day (mon, tue...) was begining to change at 10 pm, now it starts its rotation at 8 PM ...

this movement has its own life ?

agrimtex
I have tried one last time for peace of mind, and while the day (mon, tue...) was begining to change at 10 pm, now it starts its rotation at 8 PM ...

this movement has its own life ?

I guess I will have to live with it like that for now untill next service ... At least i still can change the date by myself.

Or maybe it will start working again by itself :)