007omegafan

When "Should" I Hear From Mary/Rochest at WI?

007omegafan

My friend placed an order through WI back on September 27th and was informed that Mary/Rochest were off for holiday until the 7th of October.. it's now the 9th and we still haven't heard anything from them...

I sent them an email today asking when we should expect to hear back... at what point should I be concerned for his watch? Perhaps we're just antsy?

HWG

You are just antsy. Remember the time difference, and that WI has more customers than just your friend. They will get in touch with you.

RichardMiami

PATIENCE is the most important part of this hobby. Rochest and Mary are among our best dealers. They are just back from holiday and probably working to answer 100s of emails.

Give them a few days yet. You WILL get a response.

razorblade

i bet they are real busy right now. i emailed them with some queries and have not received a reply yet. take it easy and have a little patience, they are one of the best in the business.

Cyril_Clunge

They are probably ploughing through hundreds of emails and catching up with orders that have piled up while they've been away, I just got a reply today to an email that was sent way before the 27th. There really is no need to get concerned at all, patience is a real necessity in this hobby :)

Edited by Cyril_Clunge
Apparently I'm channeling the spirit of Richard!

sdiver

I had 2 mails from them today so i guess they back

LightGeek

I'd imagine if they have to individually respond to all emails, even with just an "I got this email and will check into it" -- it would cut too much into their actual working time. When things happen, you'll get notification. If you haven't heard in 20 "week days" and you haven't hit one of the many Chinese holidays, then by all means it's probably not unreasonable to shoot a quick followup.

subiim

I ordered before the holiday. I got an email from Roch yesterday. He said it would take three days. But I got QC late last night.

They're working pretty hard. Give it three days.

YoungGPS

Patience bro.

funny_animated_picture_1.gif

myaz

Luthier has said previously that they get 100-150 emails a day. They're a husband wife team and Mary may still have health issues.

They WILL occasionally space (lose) an email. When that happens, I personally usualy wait 5-7 days before following up. Hang in there.

DEC22

Mary and Rochest have been busy dealing with my insanely stupid questions and idiocy in trying to figure out how paypal works. I'm pretty sure newbs like me take up ten times as much energy as the regulars.

Anyway, I just took the edge off the waiting game by getting a watch in the Members to Members forum. Seemed like the decent thing to do so Mary and Rochest could ease back into work.

dingle

The members here are priority for Mary. If your friend is not a member here, it will take even longer......

hnic

i guess i'll have to be patient as well

asked question

got reply

said okay i'll order how can i pay?

no reply

Member X

When did you last email?

I usually leave it a week before sending a chaser "I was just wondering if you had received my last email? :-)" email

part_timer

i guess i'll have to be patient as well

asked question

got reply

said okay i'll order how can i pay?

no reply

Just got an email from Rochest now. Last contact was Sunday. I'm sure they're VERY bizzy! They'll work their way to you, you know it! :D

Luthier

Heck, even I been waiting for 3 days to get reply...

:D

Amit

*cough* *cough* i got one within 24 hours.

razorblade

i just received an email from Mary today. Do bear in mind that they are a 2 person team, cut them some slack.

hnic

Mary replied to me as well today