Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

RWG watch. PM Luthier to get one

Electron17

Your gonna need shit loads more of these!!! Do you think it will get repped ;-)

This is fantastic, here we are on a rep web site all oowing and ahing about a gen watch!!! Was also wondering if it would be repped!! I want one of each colour, where do I sign up and who do I pay. Just kiddiung, but yes I do want one of each colour so please reserve for me.

Thanks,

Jan :q5:

Balad1

Luthier and Sol have done such a great job I'd like to nominate the next RWG watch project for them, lol.

The RWG DEEPSEA CHALLENGE

4u8y7uza.jpg

mubyja8u.jpg

KeNnY

Amazing work friends, AMAZING WORK !

029.jpg

And this looks so BAD ASS !

And when ir ead about divers watches, damn ! Amazing, I am speechless :)

greg_r

hmm... I was wondering why I had about 300 PMs waiting for me this morning.... Luth you bastard! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just wanted to add my kudos though - you and Sol have come up with something very special and you should both be feeling very proud of yourselves. :clap:

Now where's that ban button gone...? hmm.... :D

solkryssare

Just and FYI. The rehaut numbers are not lumed. The way it works is that the markers are shaped they way they are to cast light on the numbers. Funny thing is that this was actually an idea George got when I was looking for feed back on a design I was working on. Mine never got beyond the sketch stage but the idea he got from it was passed on to this one. :) He sent me a quick illustrator sketch and told me I could use the idea though. Here its all about giving!

jpg-1.jpg

Electron17

hmm... I was wondering why I had about 300 PMs waiting for me this morning.... Luth you bastard! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just wanted to add my kudos though - you and Sol have come up with something very special and you should both be feeling very proud of yourselves. :clap:

Now where's that ban button gone...? hmm.... :D

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for letting Luthier undertake this project, he has prodused a fantastic watch that will make RWG stand head and sholders above the other watch sites. We should all be very proud of what he has done and give him all the support we can. I tkink there will be a mass riot if he is banned!!! I think Luthier should be at the front of the queue for the member of the year award. Cannot praise Luthier enough.

:q5:

KeNnY

Just and FYI. The rehaut numbers are not lumed. The way it works is that the markers are shaped they way they are to cast light on the numbers. Funny thing is that this was actually an idea George got when I was looking for feed back on a design I was working on. Mine never got beyond the sketch stage but the idea he got from it was passed on to this one. :) He sent me a quick illustrator sketch and told me I could use the idea though. Here its all about giving!

jpg-1.jpg

I want to be this an DIVER WATCH !! I love the look of clock style !! Really amazing !! Now add an big Triangle type orange hand and perfect vintage looking diver :D

Ofcourse the whole white on dial will be superluminova !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I know that you have thin layers of lume on the sides of the markers, but simply there is no good diver with hole dial glowing

James.

Calm down Kenny..... Hahahhahaha

Pihlippe

And, it's my 14,000th post, and the most valuable one, I hope...

:D

Congrats with 14k post Luthier!

Would believe that this is the most unique 14k post ever. :thumbsup2:

greg_r

I tkink there will be a mass riot if he is banned!!! I think Luthier should be at the front of the queue for the member of the year award. Cannot praise Luthier enough.

LOL - actually, he exaggerates. I didn't threaten to ban him (well, not over the watch, anyhow :giggle: ), I just said 'no' at first (well, to be honest, I think it was 'fuck no!' :lol: ) as I didn't want us to head down the road that killed off the old board (especially given that I've seen similar issues happen elsewhere). George, however, is a persuasive kinda guy - and, it has to be said - had a different approach to the project from what I had envisioned. As soon as I understood what he was intending, of course I said yes :)

And yes, I agree, I can't praise George and Sol enough. They have done an amazing thing here... Honestly, neither I nor the board can take any credit for this - all we did was say 'yes' :)

myaz

THE HOLLYWOOD GAZETTE We print it, ergo you read it

For immediate release:

A hauro, horro, whorological watch making milestone was reached today. RWG members have long pined for the so called Holy Grail, that elusive but unattainable 1:1 rep.

Mr. Luthier, local celebrity and noted postwhore announced today that after considerable tribulations, he had created such a watch at last and introduced it to the delight of RWG members.

"Actually, it's so close to the gen, we're gonna call it a gen" said Mr. Luthier to thunderous applause. Asked how he was able to succed where many others had failed, the affable and ever so soft spoken Mr. Luthier credited Sol and others for their contributions.

When contacted by this reporter, Patek Philippe was visibly shaken but tersely replied they had no comments. Archie posted a video where he said "That's no raw lex and only f***wits would be fooled. The Smithsonian reportedly sent letters of inquiry but then denied any knowledge of such an action.

More to follow.................. :B):

solkryssare
:lol: @ myaz

machiavegli

Luth and Sol,

:clap: well done, sirs!

Pls put me down for black #42 (the answer to life, the universe, and everything) if it's available still (couldn't read all 12 pages LOL) and BRAVO!!!!!!

-Mach

toehh

If still available i'd like 93 in black :dingleberry-nemesis:

Edited by toehh

Cyril_Clunge

I'm just grateful that his watch design ability far outshines his fashion sense :D

Electron17

I tkink there will be a mass riot if he is banned!!! I think Luthier should be at the front of the queue for the member of the year award. Cannot praise Luthier enough.

LOL - actually, he exaggerates. I didn't threaten to ban him (well, not over the watch, anyhow :giggle: ), I just said 'no' at first (well, to be honest, I think it was 'fuck no!' :lol: ) as I didn't want us to head down the road that killed off the old board (especially given that I've seen similar issues happen elsewhere). George, however, is a persuasive kinda guy - and, it has to be said - had a different approach to the project from what I had envisioned. As soon as I understood what he was intending, of course I said yes :)

And yes, I agree, I can't praise George and Sol enough. They have done an amazing thing here... Honestly, neither I nor the board can take any credit for this - all we did was say 'yes' :)

The bit about a mass riot was just toung in cheek! But thanks for saying 'yes ' anyway. Yes, George and Sol are also due great cerdit, thank you very much. Think this thread should be pinned in the relevant section.

Regards,

Jan

subiim

Can I get one with numbers instead of batons? Thank you

Cyril_Clunge

Can I get one with numbers instead of batons? Thank you

:facepalm:

dipps

Blue one for me, don't care about serial number.

Thanks!

KeNnY
THE HOLLYWOOD GAZETTE We print it, ergo you read it For immediate release: A hauro, horro, whorological watch making milestone was reached today. RWG members have long pined for the so called Holy Grail, that elusive but unattainable 1:1 rep. Mr. Luthier, local celebrity and noted postwhore announced today that after considerable tribulations, he had created such a watch at last and introduced it to the delight of RWG members. "Actually, it's so close to the gen, we're gonna call it a gen" said Mr. Luthier to thunderous applause. Asked how he was able to succed where many others had failed, the affable and ever so soft spoken Mr. Luthier credited Sol and others for their contributions. When contacted by this reporter, Patek Philippe was visibly shaken but tersely replied they had no comments. Archie posted a video where he said "That's no raw lex and only f***wits would be fooled. The Smithsonian reportedly sent letters of inquiry but then denied any knowledge of such an action. More to follow.................. :B):

:rofl: :rofl:

co-axial

WOW!

i just read this as i got a tweet from Col./Darkside.

I BOW DOWN!

:drool:im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif:thumbsup:

Man that thing is good looking and well designed.

Sol, de sure to bring some updates to our Cph. GTG :)

spboudart

Luth, this is just so amazing, what an asset you are for this forum.

This watch is simply amazing. The design, technic, screw in bezel, etc... just awesome!

But what amaze me the most is that you were able to keep it secret for that long, in this place secret have never lasted long...

I'd love to be able to get a blue and a black one, but if I can only have one I'll still be be more than happy and also understand that there're are only 300 and many member that want one.

I just love to design things...

OK, a little more secrets... Watches #2, #3, #4 and Divers #5 already designed too. Just let's finish with first one, and IF it will be a success - there will be mucho more eye candies.

:D

I'm in the list for #2, #3, #4 and Divers #5. Even for #6.... I just want the whole collection.

It would be nice to have the same serial number on all of them. I kind of like 237/300.

Frazzle

Want!

lapinobel

I want one too. A lot of posts to reah through, so if someone can 'update' me?

baxter

Just an idea, shout me down if you disagree, BUT; what if everyone donated $10 after they bought the watch (so watch = $300 + $10 "donation" = $310 ) and that $10 went towards keeping this place up and running? If you think about it, 300 watches by $10 donations is $3000.00. If we're buying a $300 watch, an extra $10 is nothing in terms of monetary value, but it all adds up and I know that $3k will go a looooong way to helping out Col and Greg run this joint.

Obviously doesn't have to be mandatory, but as an extra option at checkout or something? I'm not sure logistically how it's work, but hey, it's an idea I guess.

No RWG no RWG watch....

Top idea - i'm up for that even if i don't make the list !! ....................... but if i do i'm IN for a black one any number will do :)