Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

RWG watch. PM Luthier to get one

wat44

Can I get one without a wokky rehaut?

MW1

Count me in for a blue, any number :)

Kaiser

Marvellous job George and Sol! That screw in crown is a real novelty, great stuff! Wasn't too sure about the font used for the RWG lettering at first but I'm liking it more and more, very IWC'ish. Can't wait to see the final product, 300 bucks for a superlumed watch with an A7753 movement is a real steal

Excellent work! :thumbsup:

andepad

OK, guys, let's talk about design. How do you like screwed-in bezel idea? How do you like design overall?

More specifics, please.

And - what you do NOT like?

Luthier, Sol

from a person who has been in the engineering field for more than 2 decades, I can say that the work is very impressive!!.....and truly believe that this is done by people who love and appreciate timepieces

.. Well done! The passion is incredible.

...I can only imagine the excitement when you wind up the protoype and listen to the first heartbeat of the watch!

A beauftiful time piece is born!.....

I am interested to acquire one... Count me IN for black dial.

especially is there is a '4' taged to the serials (just sayin'.... ... ;-)).. eg 4, 14, 41,44, 144

if not available, any running number is OK by me.

On comments requested:

What I like:

•  

The screw in bezel is very unique. Superb idea! -- whats nice is that the "tetradecagon" is hidden under the round bezel... . Nice detail.
  • Dimensions - 44mm is ideal (I have larger wrist/hands) - the thickness of 15mm would give this a sturdy look. I dont think you should regret on the thickness...
  • Designwise...
    • the "finns" at the sides are unique; especially the way it integrates/merges into the crown and buttons.
    • Love the 3D style of the dial-- kudos especially for the lume marker design that seems to "illuminate" the numbers (outer bezel?)
    • I see that the top glass is also slightly domed - not sure if its needed for the 5ATM pressure... but it certainly gives it a nice touch.

What I NOT like? not much really... just minor items...

• Not sure I got this correct... the metal finsih seems to be 'polished' ; generally, I like brush finished
  • Black insert for the bracelet - again, just preference, I would prefer no insert but just plan metal (BTW is the insert rubberized metal?)
  • red seconds - prefer silver... or yellow.

Other thoughts?

I think the screw down bezel opens the design to future upgrades? eg different bezels?

... perhaps, something that takes inserts eg Carbon fiber, ceramic, titanium?who knows?

oops... sorry for the long post.... hope the inputs are helpful

mout

i need a black one for me

BVB09

Great Work Luth!!!

Жора улетные часики, большой респект тебе и уважуха! ;)

trailboss99

Well, where to begin? I have been watching this take shape for almost a year now and I can tell you the amount of work both Luth and Sol have put into this is tremendous. I can also say the amount of investment Luth has in this is quite frankly huge. Believe me, this will cost him, not make money. I could tell you what those many moulds are worth and you would shit bricks, trust me.

Luth, Solks, thank you both from the bottom of heart. This is a tribute to what we have built here and I for one am both humbled and amazed by what you have achieved. :notworthy:

This won't end here, I'm sure of that. Most of you would not be aware but a little company by the name of Lumetec got their start on the rep fora and look where they are now! They arten't the only ones, there's Gunny, Gasgasbones and many more who began here and are now household names in the wider watch community and I have no reason to believe Luth and Solks won't go the same way. Maybe not together but I am positive we will look back on this as the beginning of two careers in watchmaking.

So, what perv took 69?! :D

LOL, I was tempted but I got 3 (my member number) and 27 (my race number).

Hey Luth if this is just a dirty secret..... I am starting to get really curious about the skeletons in your closet.... I can not be the only one right?

Trust me, you don't wanna know :lol:

Only my second post and I have already found my next watch...design is beautiful as it is. Would love any number and the opportunity to purchase one. Great work on the design!

Now this is high praise indeed! This guy knows nought of the history involved here, he loves this for what it is and that's as good as it gets!

midasmook

Well done to all involved and when it finally all comes together I will purchase a black one if available.

yannou

Congrats

I'm in for a black dial if it's possible

The Louchebem

wolfwood

Fantastic watch! The black is very cool and goes with pretty much everything but the blue sunburst is just so eye-catching! Don't think I've ever owned a screw top watch before.

I am more partial to the black because of the red hand for now but it all depends on how the blue sunburst turns out in the end.

As for number, any one of 9, 25, 65 would be perfect! :giggle:

Thanks for all involved for bringing this to life.

oscarmadfish

WOW JUST FUCKING WOW

this is amazing Luth and is now the only watch i want ( in blue member no 5 lol )

truly amazing to look at and would be truly amazing to own

what a great job you guys have done i am totaly blown away with this

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

graman

Pretty damn awesome, Luth!

I was thinking along similar lines to Oscar, in black.....great design, and hats off to you!!

I do think it would be difficult to do numbers for Member ID's though....may get tough ;)

MadButcher

Luth, what about to use member ID instead of running numbers up to 300? The watch is RWG watch anyway so it make sense to me to have my user ID there, and I would like to pay additional fee for that. I guess lot of memebers would appreciate that as well - would it be difficult to organise, or any expensive?

Ganman

This is what I would call perfection! Even down to the bezel assembly. Loving the lume setup as well, how it shines on the numbers!!! :thumbsup:

I'm just astounded that you guys would take time out to design a piece like this from the ground up. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Absolutely amazing!

I'd love a black one if possible, otherwise blue is good as well. Any number is good with me ^_^

LondonBB

Awesome project, very well done indeed. I'd like one in black if at all possible with either edition number 29 or 40. Many thanks!

gB.
I'm just grateful that his watch design ability far outshines his fashion sense :D

+1. I wasn't going to say it... :lol:

not_finbar

Wow, this looks amazing. Also must be the fastest growing thread in a long time! I'm getting a sort of Corum vibe, but less vulgar.

If i had bigger wrists i'd be in the queue for sure.

Mystery Shopper

Wow, Brilliant work! I need one too. Is 73 taken?

graman

I'm keen on Black 13 ;)

offshore

I'm keen on Black 13 ;)

Figures! :giggle:

oscarmadfish

I'm keen on Black 13 ;)

Figures! :giggle:

:giggle:

solkryssare

Wow, this looks amazing. Also must be the fastest growing thread in a long time! I'm getting a sort of Corum vibe, but less vulgar.

If i had bigger wrists i'd be in the queue for sure.

Corum was one of Georges inspirations :) Its too big for me as well but I just don't care :D

This is going on my slightly larger, right - tennis arm ;)

oscarmadfish

i honestly think if this had rolex - omega or another big name on we would all be saying i hope they rep this

i can not give a bigger compliment than that = i want this more than i have wanted any watch and thats a fact

trailboss99

i honestly think if this had rolex - omega or another big name on we would all be saying i hope they rep this

i can not give a bigger compliment than that = i want this more than i have wanted any watch and thats a fact

Werd

sequoia

I'm late to this party but great work Luther! Definitely put me down for a black one and whatever number is available.