Sign in to follow this  
Planemo

Seawolf bracelet - update

Planemo

Just noticed that one of the strap pins on my Seawolf was half hanging out. This could have been a real easy way to lose $410. I have only worn this three times. I then checked the other non spring pin (which goes through the clasp) and was able to push that out with minimal effort as well.

I'm not sure how I am going to fix this yet. It will be too much hassle to send it back but just wanted to make you guys aware, and if you have a Seawolf yourself I urge you to check the pins as it seems the ends are not being 'mushroomed' enough to keep them in place.

20121012_082204_zps3b7eb2b6.jpg

KeNnY

THis can happen, happened with my Tag heuer once,

just ask toro for replacement claps,

Planemo

Not sure I like the sound of being given the clap!

Seriously, it's not the clasp I need, it's the pins. The other problem is how I am going to stamp them shut without touching/damaging the area around them. I would assume this is a pretty delicate job which only a watchsmith would have the tools for.

mostling

Yeh, the clasps on these seem to be pretty shitty. Mine is quite loose with side movement @ the same pin as yours.

KeNnY

maybe get this great claps and replace ! :)

p451-1310.jpg

Of course make it brushed finish :)

Del

Moved to Watch Repair section and updated title to be more descriptive of issue. It isn't a Toro feedback issue - it's a bracelet issue.

;)

Planemo

I put it into Toro's feedback because I would have thought it was relevant to anyone buying/already has a Toro Seawolf but hey ho.

Del

I put it into Toro's feedback because I would have thought it was relevant to anyone buying/already has a Toro Seawolf but hey ho.

Toro doesn't make them mate, they all come from the H-Factory so this issue could be applicable to all Seawolf v2s, not just those bought from Toro.

;)

Planemo

No probs, appreciate that, but potential buyers prob don't know that (I didn't). The fact it's made by H factory is irrelevant to me - if I have an issue with a TV I got from Comet I don't go back to Samsung to resolve it. In addition, I would have thought that Toro would want to know of the issue and feed it back to the manufacturer. I doubt Toro will visit this section, nor many potential buyers (I've never looked here ever) so in my opinion the thread loses a lot of it's worth but you the boss :)

Cyril_Clunge
No probs, appreciate that, but potential buyers prob don't know that (I didn't). The fact it's made by H factory is irrelevant to me - if I have an issue with a TV I got from Comet I don't go back to Samsung to resolve it. In addition, I would have thought that Toro would want to know of the issue and feed it back to the manufacturer. I doubt Toro will visit this section, nor many potential buyers (I've never looked here ever) so in my opinion the thread loses a lot of it's worth but you the boss :)

If it stayed in Toro's feedback section then it would be less likely to alert people buying this watch from other dealers. How exactly the thread loses any worth is quite frankly beyond me. Thank you for your opinion but I think Del is better placed to know where this belongs.

trailboss99

The pin in question is called a Pressure Pin and it's missing an end.

These pins are a hollow tube with a rivet inserted in each end, on yours one is missing.

You can buy an assortment of them from the RWG shop for about 15 bucks posted or try your local jeweller.

Just measure the required length beforehand.

10:10 Watch Repair

These pins are a hollow tube with a rivet inserted in each end, on yours one is missing.

You can buy an assortment of them from the RWG shop for about 15 bucks posted or try your local jeweller.

Yep.

Insert a new quality one and it won't come loose again.

Planemo

Cheers for that, I will take a look in the shop. I have to say though, the end that has pulled through isn't hollow, it just looks like a solid pin which has been pressed either side to mushroom the ends. On the side thats pulled through, the mushroom bit is only just visible, hence not enough metal to hold it. I will get an order sorted out via the shop though, I'm sure there will be something there to fix it :)

mostling

If it stayed in Toro's feedback section then it would be less likely to alert people buying this watch from other dealers. How exactly the thread loses any worth is quite frankly beyond me. Thank you for your opinion but I think Del is better placed to know where this belongs.

I have to agree with Planemo, thread loses worth in that if others are looking for info on this watch they most probably will be going to toros section and probably not in the watch repair category.

Just my 2c..

Del

I have to agree with Planemo, thread loses worth in that if others are looking for info on this watch they most probably will be going to toros section and probably not in the watch repair category.

Just my 2c..

Look, can we just drop this now? I moved the thread to where it should be, i.e. watch repair since Planemo's bracelet needs repair. His post was to warn others with a Seawolf (although in actual fact this applies to any Breitling with the Pro 2 bracelet) that there might be a problem that could cause the watch to fall off the wrist - the post was not to give any feedback or information to or about Toro. If he wants to discuss the problem with Toro then he can PM or email him direct.

hnic

did other people have the same problem with this particular bracelet?

waiting on mine hope the qc will help

Del

I didn't have the problem with mine but, to be honest, I didn't wear it and put the Wolf straight onto rubber. However, I wore the SOSFv2 on the same bracelet without any problems. It's certainly worth checking when you receive the watch (this goes for any watch) that all screws and pins and tightly fitted. ;)

mostling

Can you link to those? Been trying to find them in the shop with no luck.

hnic
I didn't have the problem with mine but, to be honest, I didn't wear it and put the Wolf straight onto rubber. However, I wore the SOSFv2 on the same bracelet without any problems. It's certainly worth checking when you receive the watch (this goes for any watch) that all screws and pins and tightly fitted. ;)

okay thanks

also i never had any problems with my SOSFv2

will check it out but im sure WI will do a proper qc!

thanks

P4GTR

did other people have the same problem with this particular bracelet?

waiting on mine hope the qc will help

I've had that exact issue on a gen TAG Calibre 6 bracelet. Same spot. Every bracelet for every watch gen/rep should be checked for this kind've thing. It's literally maddening to think the fate of $10k+ watches is in the hands of a single pressure pin or spring bar.

All of the engineering prowess of say, a Rolex Deep-Sea clasp, and this is what keeps it attached to your wrist? Some of these watch designers are mentally punched out. :timmytwitch:

Spring-Bar-Thin-Mid.jpg

scorpion

I have had 2 rep watches with the pin issue but noticed them before they dropped off. One near miss was the one below that has a very good heavy duty bracelet. Or so i thought - i was in a shop and noticed a bit of metal on the floor, it was one of the sides of one of the links. It has come apart and fell off. Checking it later at home I found it was lose on both sides. Super glued the pins ans pushed it back together and its fine now. Also had a similar issue with a Breitling rep so its worth checking all the links on metal bracelet and if any have a bit of play pull them apart and get the glue out.

Nautica (6) (Large).jpg

Planemo

It's literally maddening to think the fate of $10k+ watches is in the hands of a single pressure pin or spring bar.

To be fair, a $10k gen would probably A: have had the pins fitted correctly in the first place and B: not made out of pasta which it appears mine seem to be.

In the pins defence, the one in the hinge that was hanging half out doesn't actually keep the bracelet together as the clasp section should be doing that but seeing as the one in my clasp was also free to slide out it was still a bit frightening. Both pins, plus all the spring bars should be replaced with the best items possible really.

LondonBB

I have a Seawolf from Toro. The watch itself is superb quality but, in contrast, the bracelet is very poor indeed. I've now put the watch onto a gen Pro Diver 2 and its perfect.