Sign in to follow this  
erang

Hi from a noob

erang

Greetings to you all,

I've been roaming around passively for the last few days accumulating some general knowledge.

So far, I've been enjoying the pictures and the information.

I'm mainly interested in the various PAM replicas but still a bit hesitant and not quite ready to take the plunge and order one...

Do you think that a "more than average" PAM111 rep. for 100-150USD is an achievable goal? will such a rep. be a nice, 'genuine like' piece? I'd like to be able to wear such a rep. without having to worry that it is too obvious and would reflect badly on me (setting aside the rep. Vs Homage debate...).

Thank you all,

Eran

trailboss99

First up, welcome to RWG1.1 make yourself at home.

Now, Pams. I'm not one of the Paneristi, one should be along shortly but I can tell you that a decent Pam can be got for under 200 bucks.

That will get you a nice handwind with swan neck and cannon pin done. The only thing it won't have is really good lume. It will be reasonable but not many reps have great lume. For Pams in that price range I'd go with Prestige Watch Co (Time4Direct). He may be on holidays still for a day or two so some patiance may be needed waiting for a reply to a PM or email.

Col.

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! :irish_dance:

With regard to a 111, yes, you can pick up a very decent rep 111 for around the $100 mark and an even better one for the $150-180 region, provided you don't insist on having a swiss-based movement (the Asian hand-wind movements are just as reliable as the swiss ones, so no need to worry). Yes, they get better still at the $250-300 region, but I'm not convinced that they're enough better to be worth the extra (I paid around $300 for mine, but subsequently have come to think that I'd have been just as happy with a cheaper one). Ultimately it depends on how particular you are.

For what it's worth, here's mine:

111h_bob_300909.jpg

Most Panerai reps can bear a little fettling (filing and polishing the CG pin is usually the main requirement) and a strap upgrade is usually required, but other than that nobody but an expert is going to be able to spot the difference on your wrist - most people don't even know what a Panerai is! :irish_dance:

If I were you I would drop Prestige Watch Co a PM or email and ask him what he has available - he's pretty much the 'go-to' guy for Panerai around here. (You'll find his info in his subforum or on our trusted dealer list)

trailboss99

Oh yeah, why it's important not to get hung up on minor details:

TheRealWorld.jpg

Picture: Fakemaster.

Col.

dingle

Welcome eran! good to see others posting besides me.:irish_dance:

Member X

lol @ TB :rofl:

It's true though, unless you've got some proper WIS staring at your wrist, in all likelyhood you'll never get called out.

And mainly because 99.999% of the population has never heard of Panerai :rofl: :rofl:

Have you considered a sterile homage from Getat or JacksonTse? All the looks of the original with none of the worry of getting called out :lol:

erang

Thank you all!!!

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG1.1 erang. I'm not a Pam guy............. Yet......... Have fun, enjoy the place and listen to all the good Pam advice the guys are giving you here before you spend your hard earned money... :toilet: