Sign in to follow this  
IMO

JLC Strap suggestions

IMO

Hi guys,

Newbie here, and I was hoping to get your advice about this matter.

I guess a little about myself first. So here goes... Although I have always loved watches, I never really bothered to delve that much more into it. Until 2 weeks ago when a customer of mine gave me a DSSD as a thank you gift. This fellow being especially well off I didn't know whether the watch was gen or rep. Either way, it was an extremely nice gesture on his part. And that's what sparked my interest. After much researching, reading and learning I am still not sure whether the watch is a gen or a rep and I really don't care, I love it and it's a wonderful watch. In the process however I caught the "watch hobby" bug and I gotta say I love it!!!

I have always loved JLCs, but never thought I could afford one so I sorta figured I should just stop thinking about it. But now with my newly found discoveries of the whole rep world (a huge thank you btw to RWG, saved my ass from getting scammed by a website you guys are all awesome!) I have ordered the duometre master control one from Mary/Rochest @ WI :)

I am currently eagerly awaiting its arrival (will post pics when I get it :D). In the meanwhile, I was hoping I could get different straps for it. And here lies my issue. Still a newbie and far from a proper connaisseur, I was hoping someone could advise me as to what would look nice with this watch?!?

Perhaps some of you already have it and have tried different combinations of straps on it? I would love something with a JLC clasp since this comes only with a normal buckle.

All advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

aksingh

I think you'll want a leather gator strap so look at a custom made one from the strap sellers here or Big Chief, Orloff on RG. JLCs are famous for double stitching so Id also consider that.

Is your DSSD gen or rep? Put a pic here and Ill tell you.

Edited by aksingh

IMO

Will do when I get home. I think it's a rep though.

Oh and thanx for the info :)

Corv99

must admit some day I going to get a JLC tourby I reckon... but even at $550... I bet the strap isn't up to much

be interesting to see some nice options when you get it

aksingh

No rep strap uses real gator/croc so you'll have to get one for your tourby, Im soon going to get a Breguet Tourby and will not put it on a rep strap.

Edited by aksingh

RichyRichRolex

Odd for a client to give you a DSSD Rep no? Post it up big guy. Welcome to the party!

Fannyhead.png

IMO

@aksingh: I'm not getting the JLC tourby but rather the duometre

IMG_9671_zpsd097dd45.jpg

The tourby I like is this ap roo but I don't think there's a rep of it yet...

ap roo tourby

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-tourbillon-chronographe-automatique_zpsc918c8be.jpg

@richyrichrolex: not really sure why he'd do that, maybe he figures I wouldn't know the difference. And to be honest, had I not stumbled upon this forum I probably would've never known!

Now here you guys, the DSSD pics as promised

image1_zpscb254578.jpg

image2_zps89165df9.jpg

image3_zpsf13b45e2.jpg

image4_zps0fb77572.jpg

image5_zps70b76ea8.jpg

image6_zpsf1e61de2.jpg

image7_zps9894afe5.jpg

image8_zps62593e89.jpg

*sorry for the crappy quality, iphone cam!

aksingh

The DSSDs a rep Im afraid.

IMO

Doesn't matter. For one thing I love it. And secondly it sparked my interest in watches and got me to find this place. Win/win all around as far as I can see :)

trailboss99

Rep or not it's a damn nice present!

Welcome mate, prepare to empty the wallet.

aksingh

Thats the spirit, I love mine and its stopped me from buying the gen, tho I think I cant resist the gen 116610 for long...

IMO

Oh yea, my wallet is already starting to dislike me :P

IMO

Btw is there a rep for the ap tourby I put up there?

replicastuff

congrats, if you want a decent priced strap, google "hirsch watch straps", they have a wide range of straps and imho are good quality for the price. They come in different sizes and also come with the pins which some don't!

IMO

@ replicastuff: Thanks I'll definitely check it out :)