Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

DSSD Showdown - BK / WI / Toro

turbotow

It's listed in my first post exactly how things are posted and who is who. The new pics are going to overwrite the old. If you're confused, reread that first post ;)

I didn't mean that your post was confusing me. I really appreciate the comparison photos. Very enlightening. I am confused in general with all the different manufactures and even different options under each of those. None of these are the ULTIMATE rep, each with their own faults. Its cool that you did this layout, especially since I am in the market for a DSSD. Thanks.

hnic

great post

had fun reading it

UmpaHimself

Nice

BK's pearl is definitely much better and I guess the datewheel is better too but I'm no expert. Everything else seems pretty much the same as noob. The 42 po version bezel insert, clasp and engravings are lacking big time IMO.

LightGeek

Nice

BK's pearl is definitely much better and I guess the datewheel is better too but I'm no expert. Everything else seems pretty much the same as noob. The 42 po version bezel insert, clasp and engravings are lacking big time IMO.

I'll weigh in a tiny bit. If not for the crappy movement in the Toro, I'd take that no problem. Just a little pearl re-entering, if anything. Of course, movement is only crappy when you have something to compare it to. At least it doesn't skip like some of the Silix specials :)

goodgood

It's listed in my first post exactly how things are posted and who is who. The new pics are going to overwrite the old. If you're confused, reread that first post ;)

The link that you posted for the WI DSSD (42PO) shows a crappy watch at $142.00 --- the WI DSSD from NOOB is at $192 and is a great looking watch. You may have the wrong WI watch price wise.

LightGeek

The link that you posted for the WI DSSD (42PO) shows a crappy watch at $142.00 --- the WI DSSD from NOOB is at $192 and is a great looking watch. You may have the wrong WI watch price wise.

There are some posts that say the 42PO is new offering and is better. The WI Noob post is old and some say they can't get it. Don't ask me where this info comes from -- I just know I came across it in my research :) In fact, I think Distinct is the one that posted about the 42PO...

Again, this is coming from a "noob" which searched the forums for a good DSSD (ultimately setting sights on the BK).

Edited by lightgeek

Distinct

The 42PO DSSD is more expensive than the special price post when you change the movement to a more equivalent Asian ETA clone, which more like what that noob was offering. The price is misleading on all these because more often than not, it is driven by the movement and we are all just looking at the visual differences and equating accuracy with price.

LightGeek

WI version is being released back into the wild...

Bash64

Awesome post! Very interesting to see all of these side by side. I'm back to check Kenny's post for clasp engraving. :D

Frankt8242

If you're still in the "Rolex phase" of your rep collecting evolution, I guess that this post is significant........

But don't worry...you grow...... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

LightGeek

I'm happy to say I'm in the Omega phase, dabbling in Pam as well... With a little IWC diddling on the side.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

LightGeek

And the black sheep in the family...

ypujeze2.jpg

LightGeek

hyhu2y6a.jpg

6ejy2y3y.jpg

nujaqaze.jpg

fatarms

Have you said which ones are which on that last pic?

I'd guess WI, Toro, BK, then PVD from some dealer?

LightGeek
Have you said which ones are which on that last pic?

I'd guess WI, Toro, BK, then PVD from some dealer?

If that's the case I'll sell you my "BK" for a low low $300 :)

It's WI, BK, Toro.

The PVD is from WI (see the Taking one for the team... post). Not impressed with the quality of the "PVD" finish or marker+lume application.

fatarms

I'm amazed that I can't tell the difference between Toro's $120 and BK's in that last pic at that distance. The triangle is the giveaway for the WI.

Thank you.

LightGeek
I'm amazed that I can't tell the difference between Toro's $120 and BK's in that last pic at that distance. The triangle is the giveaway for the WI.

Thank you.

I can tell because of the date wheel and the pearl centering... And I've handled them quite a bit now :)

BigBuys

I too have been on a tear for the better DSSD. Bought seven so far. Can not tell any real difference in any of them and yet their prices were all across the board!

Soooooo, sounds like six DSSDs will be up for sale very soon.

Great thread LightGeek! It causes all to look more closely and compare.

razorblade

thanks for the comparison! :thumbsup:

Axisbogner

lightgeek, thanks for the great photos and your efforts to help others here. nevermind the know-it-alls who who have insecurity issues and dismiss the time you've invested. Btw, I'm assuming light geek is a reference to your photography lighting?

Which one are you keeping? Mr. Big - which of the seven are you keeping?

LightGeek

LightGeek is a reference to my other hobby... here is a partial:

hidcanada20120517181856.jpg

My hobbies are crossing paths -- I'll have to stop here :)

I'll be keeping the BK. Poor clasp printing be damned.

Axisbogner

A-ha! Now that's a collection. I recently got the noob. I had links start to separate on mine after a week of use.

3y5yge3y.jpg

Your mileage may vary but keep an eye out for it.

-axis

LightGeek

Or other hobby... It never ends...

e5etavyp.jpg

KeNnY

Awesome work mate ! Now please buy as well

ro2122f-rolex-deep-sea-black-ceramic-2012-super-lume-upgraded-v-ss-asian-2836.jpg

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...sd&fromsearch=1

and compare :D THANKS

Luthier

Lightgeek, you're officially psycho.

:D