Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

RWG Watch List.

HeavyKrush

Great job G! Can't wait brother.

Focal

I feel so bad for this, but i secretly hope they wont make more than the original 300. Somehow it would feel less special if they made a new batch every year or so.

Luthier

No way for sure. Guaranteed. This is the one and only chance.

Balad1

I feel so bad for this, but i secretly hope they wont make more than the original 300. Somehow it would feel less special if they made a new batch every year or so.

I don't believe the intent is to make more than 300. Once successful I am hoping other watches will be produced in the future.

Luthier is doing this for the love of our forum and watches, not money.

Focal

Nice! I like that. And one thing i wanted your opinion on. If we all pay in front, WI is sitting on 90.000 of our money. How do you feel about that?

Balad1

Nice! I like that. And one thing i wanted your opinion on. If we all pay in front, WI is sitting on 90.000 of our money. How do you feel about that?

How do you feel about Luthier already paying the factory for the watches?

He has faith and so should we.

1littlegreen

+1 Ted

Luthier

Well... I will trust with my life to Mary/Rochest. When all watches will be sold - I'll get back, what I invested, and if there will be some lil money left - they deserved much more than that. Making this watch with zero profit is my principle. I honestly consider all of you as my friends, and I don't charge my friends for a pleasure I got, creating this watch. But if you'll order my guitar - be sure, I'll charge you up to your balls. With member discount, of course...

:D

P.S. No money upfront, it was the first condition for getting permission to make this project.

You'll pay, when Mary will announce the sale. Just send an email with your number, forum nick name, and that's it.

Poor WI, 300 emails in one day...

:picard:

gB.
But if you'll order my guitar - be sure, I'll charge you up to your balls. With member discount, of course...

Discounted balls?

:huh:

drrod

Just thinking out loud, but why not keep one of each in reserve and use them as a forum fundraiser down the road a bit. Should be quite a bit of interest from those who miss out on this. I can see them falling all over themselves to buy a raffle ticket. Hell, even though I already am on the list, I would buy a ticket on a chance for another.

Rod

Luthier

You really think I'm a millionaire, right?

Anyway... There's voluntary $10 donation to RWG, attached to every watch. It's not mandatory, but it would be really appreciated.

I'm sure it will help to maintain an run our server.

Balad1

Anyway... There's voluntary $10 donation to RWG, attached to every watch. It's not mandatory, but it would be really appreciated.

Great idea!

I'm In!

drrod

I was thinking more along the lines of taking $600 from the donation pool, paying off the 2 holdbacks and then just keep them to raffle off down the road. That would still leave enough in the donation pool to support the forum for a while.

No way was I thinking that you should end up having to pay for them.

Rod

Luthier

Good idea, Rod! I'm sure, a few watches, MAYBE, will be unsold, then Admin. can buy it for raffles.

Smartass!!! Thanks for an idea!

fatarms

I'd really like to get the blue version as well, but the only thing that's holding me back is that it comes out so close to Christmas... dammit.

Luthier

That's the point!!! Treat yourself well, maybe, you deserved it!

fatarms

I have a son that deserves to be treated much better than myself :lol:

Luthier

So, treat him with the watch!!! The day will come - he'll wear it, what else you can give him for barmitzvah?

myaz

Perfect, blue version for the son :B):

fatarms

So, treat him with the watch!!! The day will come - he'll wear it, what else you can give him for barmitzvah?

:lol: I'm not jewish, but I guess you have a point?

Luthier

OK, barmitzvah, or first fuck, call it how ever you want. The moment, when a boy became a man. Then he need a good watch.

myaz

:lol: I'm not jewish, but I guess you have a point?

Son: here's a watch I got just for you, it's just like dad's. He'll treasure it forever. That's what I'm doing with mine.

fatarms

OK, barmitzvah, or first fuck, call it how ever you want. The moment, when a boy became a man. Then he need a good watch.

He's 10, I'm hoping that doesn't come for a few years... But I'm rooting for him in about 5 yrs. Hopefully by then the RWG diver might be a realistic goal? :lol:

NFleischer
But if you'll order my guitar - be sure, I'll charge you up to your balls. With member discount, of course...

Discounted balls?

:huh:

Wait- I thought we all get a guitar with the order, no???

LightGeek

My very unofficial count based on a simple scrape of the list...

71 - Blue

137 - Black

Just like the lottery, I make no claims to the accuracy.