oscarmadfish

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

greg_r

Man, that's seriously nice. Well worth the extra over the cheapie I bought from TTK. What's the lume like?

I see you left some pubes on for John. Well done :lol:

oscarmadfish

the pube is my trade mark :lol:

the lume is great and so blue

greg_r
the pube is my trade mark :o

I was afraid you might say that.... My cheapie DS is one of my favourite watches, but the lume sucks and the clasp isn't too great. I may have to buy one like yours. Dammit! :lol:

SliceMaster

Very nice one Oscar :lol: :o

Good to see you finally got a Rolex (the # 1 watch ) :rofl: :o :Drinking2:

oscarmadfish

it took me 12 watches before i got a rolex i think people often buy rolex first without knowing the faults

i waited and i am very happy with my first rollie

AllergyDoc

Nice! V3. I'm ordering one soon.

Demsey

Far and above the other versions. I like the pearl. Any chance you could do a 'monster' shot of that cropped oscar? If you email me your full sized pixel digi negative I'd do it.

Never go 'cheap'. You'll only end up buying 2 or perhaps 3X watches to satisfy yourself. If you ordered a cheap version and then 'went away, off the forums, back to your life previous' then it may serve. But to linger whilst members show off succeeding models that are closer to gen? The depreciation on these are horrible, wait, and then buy the best you dare afford.

I love this watch.

AllergyDoc

I loved my V1, with all its warts. WIS's on RWGjr are measuring how far back from the rim of the rehaut (or whatever) the "Original Gas Escape Valve" sits. <_<

Luthier's girl sells the Asian clone for $215 and the ETA for $280, plus shipping.

Pic borrowed from lanikai:

deepsearolex012ry1.jpg

Pearl looks great.

Edited by AllergyDoc

Demsey
Pearl looks great.

Yes it does. Thanks Doc. The monster shot betrays it only, but it seems the rep manufacturers need to retool their cutters with some bits that can better cut the ceramic, either that or they are 'dry' cutting. Also, why does the community call these bezels "sandwich", they're filled with paint? A 'sandwich' is a Panerai dial.

WIS's on RWGjr are measuring how far back from the rim of the rehaut (or whatever) the "Original Gas Escape Valve"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. In real life people really notice these things.............

Luthier
Luthier's girl sells the Asian clone for $215 and the ETA for $280, plus shipping.

Luthier always get the best girlz...

:lol::lol::lol:

Luthier

Welcome to the "Rolex Club", Oscar!

Better later than never.

Next will be DD 41mm, I guess... then unavoidable Sub... and then you'll get a serious headache with Daytona seconds @6... hehehe...

greg_r

Welcome to the "Rolex Club", Oscar!

Better later than never.

Next will be DD 41mm, I guess... then unavoidable Sub... and then you'll get a serious headache with Daytona seconds @6... hehehe...

Hmm - I'm a long-time Rolex fan, but so far I've found the Sub eminently avoidable. It's a noob watch (sorry, couldn't help myself) :lol:

Just heard that my GMT is on the way, though :lol:

oscarmadfish

i will not be buying for awhile now i hope 12 watches in 6 months is crazy

if i do buy another rolex it would be a GMT i think

greg_r
i will not be buying for awhile now i hope 12 watches in 6 months is crazy

if i do buy another rolex it would be a GMT i think

12 watches is six months better not be crazy as I'm way past that point and not finished yet :lol:

I'll post lots of photos of my GMT when it arrives. You'll soon succumb :lol:

AllergyDoc
Also, why does the community call these bezels "sandwich", they're filled with paint? A 'sandwich' is a Panerai dial.

Yes, "sandwich" as in 2 layers. Top layer is cut and bottom is painted. V2 has the bezel cuttings done directly to the "ceramic" material, thus the rougher and thicker cutting seen on that model. Wise but cynical WIS's doubt either model is made with any amount of real ceramic. Some guys report their bezel got scratched when ceramic shouldn't scratch.

I don't like the bezel numbers of V2, plus the ratchet clasp was poorly done. Guys have said their's just pops open at random times.

V2:

DSC00905.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

oscarmadfish

lume pic was not easy but roough idea to tempt greg

IMG_0375.jpg

AllergyDoc

I've read that the hands do not lume as brightly as the hour markers. Your pictures seems to confirm that. My V1 had brightly luming hands but weak markers. :lol:

greg_r

hmm - black cat in a coal cellar? :lol:

Question is, can you still see it a couple of hours after you turn the lights out?

onzenuub
hmm - black cat in a coal cellar? :lol:

Question is, can you still see it a couple of hours after you turn the lights out?

Greg, do you think Oscar will be in a coal cellar for a couple of hours with no light? He wouldn't be alone and I definately do not want to see any pictures from what would be going on over there by than.

oscarmadfish

greg if you think i am gonna sit in the dark for a couple hours looking at lume you are madder than onze

onzenuub
greg if you think i am gonna sit in the dark for a couple hours looking at lume you are madder than onze

Exactly what I was saying, there would be happening more....

greg_r

*sigh* no dedication.... :lol:

iabounty
hmm - black cat in a coal cellar? :thumbsup:

Greg, do you think Oscar will be in a coal cellar for a couple of hours with no light? He wouldn't be alone and I definately do not want to see any pictures from what would be going on over there by than.

First, congratulations oscar thats a hell of a nice Deep Sea Dweller. Second, when you turn the lights out play with females not watches. Third, stay out of coal cellars all togather........Nothing but black cats and coal dust........... :thumbdown:

JohnG

Sweet watch Oscar! Great pics too. Congrats.