Sign in to follow this  
007omegafan

Need Your Thoughts Regarding Omega Seamaster Chrono

007omegafan

I picked up a beautiful Omega Seamaster chrono from Mary and love it... but I decided to franken it and recently picked up two pieces from a mod on RWI.

8104385201_c4a79be51e_b.jpg

First we've got an authentic seamaster chrono bezel.. I'm really excited to have this put on

DSC03810.jpg

I also picked up an authentic seamaster chrono dial

DSC03788_zpsc9bc58e0.jpg

My question regards the dial. Only after buying did I notice that the dial I bought is off the older style chrono. So, the extra lume markers at 6 and 9 along with the white lettering for seamaster (instead of red). But the subdial hands on my rep are red as is the seconds hand.

So i have a few options :

- put on the bezel and sell the real deal dial

- put on the bezel and real deal dial and leave the red subdial and seconds hand

- put on the bezel and buy/install real deal white subdial and seconds hands (another 20 or so bucks).

The other issue to keep in mind is that the older chronos had a different caseback than the new one (like mine).

Any thoughts?

SliceMaster

Honestly neither of them look any good

But since Im such a nice guy you just send them too me and I´ll take good care of them...might even put in some cash not much but... :giggle:

Just kidding mate, wish I would have seen that sell before you, but if you consider selling the dial let me know asap ok

Mr. Pap

I will chime in since i am the responsible of this incoming project :P

the old style dial has also red subdial hands

Ome28.jpg

And to help you more with your decision this is how mine looks. Almost done.

DSC_2878.jpg

007omegafan

Oh NICE i didn't know they offered it like that. Do you know if they offered it with the white dial, red hands, and this caseback?

8105126756_6d5844c314_c.jpg

Edited by 007omegafan

Mr. Pap

Yes, mine has that case back. As for the white dial i think the factories are offering only blue and black. If you want a white one you must get a gen...

007omegafan

Pap yours looks so nice I think I'll have to do the install :)

Guess it's time to order the gen date wheel :)

And my bad.. I meant do you think the factories sent out the blue dial with white seamaster lettering, red hands, and the caseback i posted

Edited by 007omegafan

Mr. Pap

Hmm, white lettering one? Nop, i don't think so, at least as long as i am around i remember they deliver the one with the raised logo and red lettering.

jcagara08

IMO

the just remove the rep insert and replace with the insert from the gen bezel you bought which looks to be from the titanium version cause it looks a little darker (ref model # 2298.80.00) mind you

and put on the Gen dial, replace the rep dial (Cause rep lume sure sucks),

I would stick or mod the sub dial hand to make it look longer and because you will have the old model look, maybe orange is better than red color on the subdials..

don't mind the caseback, no one will see it for sure.

Just my 2 cents.

007omegafan

This gen looks good.. i suppose this is what it would look like

119917d1217836973-now-i-can-die-2298-1-.jpg

Edited by 007omegafan

Mr. Pap

Yes thats how it will look! The new style dial is awesome but you have to spend a small fortune to get one...

Luthier

Am I colorblind, or your gen. dial is black?

007omegafan

The gen dial is blue :)

SliceMaster

The only thing I dont like with mine (same as yours from Mary) is that the AR is crap and I want to fix that so if anyone knows where I could that done plz tell

Sorry if this is threadcrapping but Im pretty sure you will agree AR is soooo bad on these and I hoped you might wanna do that on your watch aswell

Mr. Pap

AR shucks SliceMaster! I mean it sucks big time! I was strugling to see the dial.

I was lucky enough to have mine double AR coated from Takashi... Gen has a single AR but who cares? lol

Have you contacted Wiz? He did some works lately and they were good from what i saw!

SliceMaster
AR shucks SliceMaster! I mean it sucks big time! I was strugling to see the dial.

I was lucky enough to have mine double AR coated from Takashi... Gen has a single AR but who cares? lol

Have you contacted Wiz? He did some works lately and they were good from what i saw!

Ahh didnt know he did that ok will contact him asap

Btw if you know where i could find gen bezel and dial let me know

Cheers Pap

007omegafan

Ahh didnt know he did that ok will contact him asap

Btw if you know where i could find gen bezel and dial let me know

Cheers Pap

I got really lucky and was able to pick up the gen dial and bezel directly from Pap (who was an AWESOME guy to deal with).

The AR definitely sucks balls.. I noticed it immediately because I got this shortly after receiving my 42 PO from Mary (the ar on that is much nicer).

I wonder if anyone int he US can do the ar job?