Sign in to follow this  
Corv99

JLC Master Grand Tourbillon

BigDee62

I haven't heard of many issues with the high-beat Hangzhou tourbillon, and they seem to be the most commonly found movements in the tourby reps now. The other, on the other hand... the Liaoning, as inviting as its affordability may be... you'd be wise to stay away from purchasing. I've read too many horror stories online of that movement breaking down not long after they've arrived to the customer.

Any opinion on the Shanghai movement? That's what I have in my Breguet (so far so good).

This is some great info in this thread.

JDCKent
Any opinion on the Shanghai movement? That's what I have in my Breguet (so far so good).

This is some great info in this thread.

I have an FM with a Shanghai (classic tourbillon), and I think it's an awesome movement. Been wearing mine almost daily for over a year now, and haven't had any problems. Can say it's certainly worth paying the little extra for that 60 hour power reserve! And, also to have that slightly more attractive and more "Swiss-like" polished gold fixed fourth wheel. From what I've read, it's one of the better movements available, of the older basic Chinese torbies anyway.

How accurately does yours keep time? Mine gains maybe 15-30 seconds a week.

BigDee62

I have an FM with a Shanghai (classic tourbillon), and I think it's an awesome movement. Been wearing mine almost daily for over a year now, and haven't had any problems. Can say it's certainly worth paying the little extra for that 60 hour power reserve! And, also to have that slightly more attractive and more "Swiss-like" polished gold fixed fourth wheel. From what I've read, it's one of the better movements available, of the older basic Chinese torbies anyway.

How accurately does yours keep time? Mine gains maybe 15-30 seconds a week.

Great to hear! Just got the Breguet about a month ago and the PF just last week, and I rotate watches enough that I'll probably never notice anything less than a couple minutes per day. The movement definitely looks nicer than the L5010. The worst thing I can say is that the PF actually says "Classic Tourbillon" on the back side (what were they thinking?). But then, I don't know that *any* of the tourbillon watches look even remotely accurate from the backside anyway.