BigDee62

Popular Chinese Tourbillon Movements

itfc1959

For those interested - I bought a Minorva flying tourbillon with the ST80 movement from eBay late last year, at a Very Low Price. I lost one of the lug screws changing the strap. I contacted Mr Long via his email page; replacements arrived within two weeks,free of charge.

The thing packed up this summer after I accidentally dropped it. I again contacted Mr Long, who asked me to send it directly to him, in China. It was back on my wrist, running even better than before, within the month.

Can't beat that! Excellent service all round, I'd say.

zufir

welp. time to bookmark this

Aren

Thought I'd share the following info I picked up from a variety of sources (including RWG posts) - a high-level pictoral overview of some currently popular tourbillon movements used in Chineses reps. Looking forward to feedback and hoping this is of use to folks.

Bumping this great thread for a new member interested in tourby movements.

I have it bookmarked. :wub:

Still regret I didn't buy the one you sold in M2M :suicide:

Thanks for the great thread BigDee.

:D

Zwal

Great post mate, thanks a lot !

FL13

Damn. Now I want a Tourbillon.

Waiwaiet

That JLc is stunning!!!

thermalboyz

bump!! very interesting topic especially for touby lovers.

plankton

I need to get a Tourby.

verno75

thank you for creating this thread! Very informative and I am glad I took the time to read this!!!

10-Dee-Q

can any expert tell me which tourbillon movement is in this IWC ?

9970ee4c5388a400671d3e11682dc4fe.jpg

i'm really interested to purchase this but still not sure about the movement quality

on the TD's page it says seagull tourbillon automatic movement.

Edited by 10-Dee-Q

theflyingdutchman

can any expert tell me which tourbillon movement is in this IWC ?

9970ee4c5388a400671d3e11682dc4fe.jpg

i'm really interested to purchase this but still not sure about the movement quality

on the TD's page it says seagull tourbillon automatic movement.

LOVE my IWC, do you? It should be a Hangzhou (PTS) FD3310 Tourbillon (Breguet Coaxial Type)

Edited by theflyingdutchman

Liggit

Me to. Would love to know

theflyingdutchman
2839bc7ceebfb4fdea58a08edc9fc248.jpg

Aren

It's been a year since this great topic was bumped.

This is a great thread and photos for anyone not familiar with the (Chinese) tourbillon movement.

I was hoping you would update this thread BigDee.

I still don't have a tourbillon in my collection.

I've been hoping they have improved in quality and come down in price. :lol:

For those of you fortunate members who already have a tourby...please post the pictures. TIA

:wub:

nickpeh

Hi guys, 

New to this, I got myself a tourbilion that say running on 2L44 chinese movt. I got this escapement wheel issues that need a replacement, I can't find any info on the manufacturer and do u guys know of any substitution parts? Pls advise.

GenTLe
On 8/30/2017 at 15:39, nickpeh said:

Hi guys, 

New to this, I got myself a tourbilion that say running on 2L44 chinese movt. I got this escapement wheel issues that need a replacement, I can't find any info on the manufacturer and do u guys know of any substitution parts? Pls advise.

Is it similar to this http://www.alpha-watch.com/details.php?myid=647 or have you paid it less than 500$? So it's AT ALL not a tourbillon.

It is something that (poorly) mimic a tourbillon. That's an "open heart", so a watch where you can see a classic escapement through a hole in the dial.

The tourbillon is a very complex escapement system and the price for one watch with that thing starts from 6/700$ (in a chinese rep) and goes up to hundreds of thousands of $ for a gen watch.

This is a real tourbillon and how it works:

tabuktime

Anyone provide any more details on this movement? The microbrand using it have only told me it's not a seagull.

The quote given is: "not a Seagull, we are using one of the best, if not the best, Tourbillon movements from China. I don't know the name of the supplier, but they normally don't sell to third parties., but that's all"

Bit vague and only one photo/render...

CnYlkhp.png

Wriggles
34 minutes ago, tabuktime said:

The quote given is: "not a Seagull, we are using one of the best, if not the best, Tourbillon movements from China. I don't know the name of the supplier, but they normally don't sell to third parties., but that's all"

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me. We don't use seagull but we don't know the suppliers name? Seriously, who builds a watch and doesn't know who supplies the component parts. Nobody. Utter horseshit.

I don't know the movement but if you're thinking of buying from this company I'd think twice

VMSG
39 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me. We don't use seagull but we don't know the suppliers name? Seriously, who builds a watch and doesn't know who supplies the component parts. Nobody. Utter horseshit.

I don't know the movement but if you're thinking of buying from this company I'd think twice

Exactly!

BTW, I've a seagull turbillion that works great for 5 years now (and i hope for many more years). so I wouldn't consider seagull as a bad thing...

tabuktime
3 hours ago, VMSG said:

Exactly!

BTW, I've a seagull turbillion that works great for 5 years now (and i hope for many more years). so I wouldn't consider seagull as a bad thing...

I was under the impression that they were the 'best' budget Chinese tourby makers.

I'd be happy if it was a seagull TBH.

Awaiting update from producer.

Monkey_Business

I'm interested in knowing what brand this is. Care to share?

EDIT:
I can't tell you for sure, but it is visually identical to this movement in my Jeager LeCoultre Tourbillon. (Ignore the seconds hand on there, and look at the whole assembly)

42168987762_89cce8c1d9_k.jpg

PC told me it's a SeaGull tourbie in here. 

owen_m

Hi There,

I am a newbie to the hobby and am looking at 2 tourbillon watches.

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=17352

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=7652

Would I correct is saying that the the Blancpain is an ST80 and the other is a Shanghai Classic?

Your help is greatly appreciated :)

GenTLe

Don't know but
-the V&C probably isn't available anymore
-the Blancpain is completely wrong as the gen is like this:
5025-1530-52a-blancpain.jpg

Probably now the best tourbillon around is the AP Royal Oak like this (gen):
Royal-Oak-Tourbillon-Extra-Thin-3.jpg

owen_m

Cool thanks for that :), much appreciated