Sign in to follow this  
kilinrax

Franck Muller Conquistador GPG

kilinrax

Hi. I'm new here, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum to ask. I'm looking for a homage of the following watch, which I love the style of. Nothing else legitimate I've seen is remotely similar, and the $20k price tag is well outside my reasonable budget. I own real mechanical watches (Omega, Longines, Christopher Ward), and have been stung buying a replica Vacheron Constantin from a pawn shop when I was naive enough to not know any better, so my suspicion of replicas is that whilst they can look decent enough, they keep appalling time even compared to a 45-year old genuine Swiss watch.

I've had a look through the recommended dealers' websites, and can't find this particular model. Does anyone know of a likely decent source of one? If anything, I'd prefer a homage (I assume meaning very similar style but minus the Franck Muller markings) to a complete replica, since it's the style I like rather than the brand.

Banner_Conquistador_GPG_EN.jpg

grb

In my opinion you are wrong about the timekeeping. WI is a good source for FM.

onionbag

The Conquistador does appear to be available, Puretime (not a Trusted dealer here) has one with a quartz movement http://puretime.co/p...ck-dial-quartz/

As for the the ability of a replica watch to keep time? Well, many on this board and others can testify to the accuracy of their watches.................if that's your kind of thing.

As for an homage..............I don't know. Although I'm sure someone will be along who does.

burg650

I also have been looking at this watch but all that I have seen so far in rep's has a band that is a dead give away as a rep very cheep not even leather. I did find a dealer that had them with much closer bands real leather but lost the web site, I have also seen manual movements out there but again don't remember where and I am still looking myself.

kilinrax

In my opinion you are wrong about the timekeeping.

As for the the ability of a replica watch to keep time? Well, many on this board and others can testify to the accuracy of their watches.................if that's your kind of thing.

Apologies, I did not mean to imply that all replicas kept bad time. Merely that the one I've owned - with an impressive-looking automatic movement - did. It would be cavalier to say the least to extrapolate from that. All I was hoping for was some reassurance that someone here had bought a mechanical replica that kept decent time.

Edited by kilinrax

onionbag

In my opinion you are wrong about the timekeeping.

Apologies, I did not mean to imply that all replicas kept bad time. Merely that the one I've owned - with an impressive-looking automatic movement - did. It would be cavalier to say the least to extrapolate from that. All I was hoping for was some reassurance that someone here had bought a mechanical replica that kept decent time.

No worries mate, and hello and welcome. :)

trksh-bzr

never liked the FM's, but this one actually looks quite cool.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! :giggle:

grb

I didn't take it that way, I was only looking to reassure............ ensuring that you didn't extrapolate an incorrect conclusion from your previous encounters with these type of products :giggle:

Also search the flyingdutchmans collection he has all sorts of things like that

kilinrax

I've contacted Mary - she doesn't seem to have this particular model. I've just messaged flyingdutchman. Thanks!