Sign in to follow this  
seiyafan

Are there 1:1 copy for ultra-luxury watches?

seiyafan

From what I have seen (including the reviews I read here), some of the finest 1:1 replicas are like Rolex, Omega, and Breitling. So what about brands like Lange, Breguet, VC and such?

dingle
From what I have seen (including the reviews I read here), some of the finest 1:1 replicas are like Rolex, Omega, and Breitling. So what about brands like Lange, Breguet, VC and such?

there are no 1:1 copies of any watches....especially ultra-luxury watches. They are some decent reps out there, mbjoer has a nice breguet. MAybe he will see this and post pics.

greg_r

The problem with some of the ultra-high-end stuff is that the movements are not practical to rep. There are some decent reps of the more mainstream Breguet and VC models (such as the VC overseas), but you're not going to find a 1:1 rep of something like a Lange 1, VC retrograde calendar or a Patek sky moon - there are cheapies available of varying quality, but there aren't the movements available to produce really high quality reps of the exclusive stuff.

trailboss99

There is a 1:1 rep of the Cartier Santos around for about 1500 that is perfect, possibily the best rep ever but exy.

It is the only real super rep of the dress set. If you ask PrestigeWatchCo nicely he may be able to find you one.

Col.

Silverspeed

I think the new Santos 1:1 is the first of the socalled super-reps to be out in the open. It's so well made that it's parts are interchangable with the gen. According to a few dealers the movement is genuine Cartier.

I hope to find out in a few weeks... :rimshot:

seiyafan

What if you dont consider the movement, in other words just have the watch appearance, size and weight to be the same as the genuine.

dingle
What if you dont consider the movement, in other words just have the watch appearance, size and weight to be the same as the genuine.

still no.....the materials used are not the same. the breguet I gave you the link to has a lemania movement(seagull st19). It is very nice and realiable too.

sconehead

still no.....the materials used are not the same. the breguet I gave you the link to has a lemania movement(seagull st19). It is very nice and realiable too.

DB...I'm impressed...you been studying? :rimshot:

dingle

yes.......I know more than you think I do :RIP:

KBH

yes.......I know more than you think I do :thud:

Well, that wouldn't be hard! :RIP:

Just kidding ya.

jmd33

So, with something like a "super rep" Santos - do you think they are being made in the gen factory on the weekend??????

Edited by jmd33

fakemaster

lol

seiyafan

prowatch-polo.com has some nice selections, anyone has experience from them?

trailboss99
So, with something like a "super rep" Santos - do you think they are being made in the gen factory on the weekend??????

ctualy that is highly possible. It certainly does happen. Day shift for client, night shift for back door dealing. It is certainly the case with some bags and wallets etc. In this case how ever I belive the gen bits were slipped out as good parts marked as rejects that were suposed to have been destroyed.

Col.

greg_r
prowatch-polo.com has some nice selections, anyone has experience from them?

They seem a bit pricey. WatchInternational should be able to supply anything you're likely to want - just ask her. Prices are good as is her service.

mbjoer

As stated several times above there are no perfect reps of the brands you have listed. However in itself that is not the biggest catastrophe as you are also unlikely to encounter anyone with an Gen because they are so rare.

If you go the rep route, the main issue is the extent to which a watch is plausible, not so much if it is 1:1 copy. What is important is that the watch looks and feels like a real luxury watch and that the replica signals the particular charecteristics of the specific brand.

When you are talking about a $ 30,000 watch you can expect a beautiful piece of jewlry, not just a mere timepiece. Look for that before you look to see if dials are in the exact position.

Look at the extent to which the brand is understood. A main feature of Lange is the very large date. That is visible from afar, and you need not know the Lange models to tell if that feature is well made or not. No rep has reproduced that, so I have personally ruled Lange out. I have some issues with Breguet as well, but they are not as basic as that one.

There are some good VC reps. I am awaiting a Partimony Contemporaire, which I think I can get in a decent shape with a few mods. Also the Malte Chrono is a nice watch which looks good when on the wrist. If RWI was up I would give you a link to a review made by Pix.

Patek should also be on your list. There are some nice fantasy versions of that and some which possibly are reps of very limited edition models. Hard to tell which, but who cares as long as it is well made? Personally I am however not too impressed with the one shown above, because it does not look like a Patek to me. It has a lot of design elements from Breguet but I do not recall a Patek that looked like this. I may be wrong though.

I would recommend that you do not take any rep with too many complications. With the brands you are looking at less can be more. There is a very fine line between a very exclusive watch and bling.

And when you have bought it, be prepared to spend a lot more again on basic mods such as AR treatment and most importantly a very good (unfortunately = expensive) strap.

Here are a couple of examples of my Breguet Classique Chrono:

004-1.jpg

016.jpg

005.jpg

And one of the Vacheron Malte Chrono:

012.jpg

dingle
here is mbjoer's breguet. http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=60183&page=2

enjoy! :D

I had this watch...Sold it and picked up this...Same movement...St-19 Manual wind

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_05177.jpg

BTW...Nice nip action in the avatar.

I cut it down a bit....;)....the personal photo, however, is a different story.

sweet watch, btw. :popcorn:

Silverspeed
As stated several times above there are no perfect reps of the brands you have listed.

there better be dammit...it ordered the Santos 1:1

MrZoSo

You may be right about the Patek...I'm not sure...But my VC Malt is a bit different than yours...And to be honest...Seems a bit closer to the gen...Not that I care because It's a rep..

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Also the Malte Chrono is a nice watch which looks good when on the wrist. If RWI was up I would give you a link to a review made by Pix.

Patek should also be on your list. There are some nice fantasy versions of that and some which possibly are reps of very limited edition models. Hard to tell which, but who cares as long as it is well made? Personally I am however not too impressed with the one shown above, because it does not look like a Patek to me. It has a lot of design elements from Breguet but I do not recall a Patek that looked like this. I may be wrong though.

I would recommend that you do not take any rep with too many complications. With the brands you are looking at less can be more. There is a very fine line between a very exclusive watch and bling.

And when you have bought it, be prepared to spend a lot more again on basic mods such as AR treatment and most importantly a very good (unfortunately = expensive) strap.

Here are a couple of examples of my Breguet Classique Chrono:

004-1.jpg

016.jpg

005.jpg

And one of the Vacheron Malte Chrono:

012.jpg

mbjoer

I don't know. Quite possible, but there are quite a few versions of the Gen.

Can't really tell from your picture, but is your bezel brushed? And does it look whiter than steel?

In that case I am envious...