Sign in to follow this  
tommy_boy

Where's the love for Tissot?

tommy_boy

Tissot is a storied brand, after all. Now, another Swatch brand. Oh well.

This is a cool watch. Ti, too.

P1020137.jpg

This, not so cool but nicer looking, IMO with the strap from Watch Prince:

V8closeup.jpg

greg_r

Funnily enough I was looking at some Tissot watches with my wife earlier today. I must confess that I'm not that keen on their current range. My wife has an old Tissot wood watch, which wasn't expensive but she loves. She was rather underwhelmed by what she saw today though (just as well for me - I already bought her a couple of watches recently :thumbsup2: )

tommy_boy
Funnily enough I was looking at some Tissot watches with my wife earlier today. I must confess that I'm not that keen on their current range. My wife has an old Tissot wood watch, which wasn't expensive but she loves. She was rather underwhelmed by what she saw today though (just as well for me - I already bought her a couple of watches recently :thumbsup2: )

Their best design/innovation days are behind them, to be sure. I keep looking around for an older automatic that is in decent shape. One day...

greg_r

Their best design/innovation days are behind them, to be sure. I keep looking around for an older automatic that is in decent shape. One day...

You and me both - I missed a rather nice old Seastar on eBay recently...

sconehead

I bought a Seastar off the bay for buttons years ago and cannibalized it for a gen 2836-2 movement. I like the Seastar 1000 dive watch a lot, I nearly picked up a silver dialled one for $260 on TZ a while ago...but the guy didn't want to ship to the U.K...Bugger...

AustinTech

Their lines in the last few years have been pretty horrible. They had a few decent models 6-8 years ago, but now, nothing.

sconehead

PRS 516 AUTO isn't bad, didn't Pix do a review on one of the boards?

Jb boin

I am waiting a T-Touch Navigator 3000, not really nice looking but paid 190 euros including shipping for it :thumbsup2:

There are many nice 60-70's Tissot on eBay that you can win for less than 100$ (many are Indians redial so be attentive on what you take).

tommy_boy
PRS 516 AUTO isn't bad, didn't Pix do a review on one of the boards?

I agree with you there, Scone. And a fair price, since I presume they get a good deal on the movement :thumbsup2:

Will have to look for Pix' review. Thx.

trailboss99

I like the tTouch. Looks like a usfull piece of kit.

The Tis-Tona ain't bad either. I suspect it's a fair bit cheaper than the Rolex version.

Col.

tommy_boy
I like the tTouch. Looks like a usfull piece of kit.

The Tis-Tona ain't bad either. I suspect it's a fair bit cheaper than the Rolex version.

Col.

The V8 is a quartz, but the case is large enough to accommodate an automatic movement.

The T-Touch is fun, just to watch the hands move around to address the various functions.

This one has no backlight, though. But it's a useful tool watch, Col.

trailboss99

It would make an exelent wildland fire fighters watch. It does just about all you want execpt humidity and Ti doesn't heat up as bad as SS.

Col.

Fiddo

I remember the wood and rock watches. Some of them looked pretty sharp.

wrainsberger

I own a Tissot PRC 100 Auto, has the carbon fiber dial, and I love it! Granted its not one of the everyday Tissot's out there, but a gorgeous watch. I love the heft of the watch as it is very solid timepiece. I'll have to post a few pic's when I have a moment.

Agreed that I love the Seastar's, wish they would bring them back.

Edited by wrainsberger