Sign in to follow this  
watch204

Rolex DeepSea DSSD (Noobfactory) From Trevor Review + Pic Heavy!

watch204

ROLEX DEEPSEA (noobfactory)

Movement: Asian 2836 28800 High Beat

Price Paid W/ EMS + PayPal Fees to Canada: $225

Purchased from: Trevor ([email protected]) - TD on RWI

Initial Thoughts

• Daaaaaaang this thing is shiny!
  • Woooooooow this thing is heavy!
  • Holy *&^$%%#& this thing is awesome! But seriously though, the pictures don't do it justice. It has to be on your wrist to be fully appreciated.

Overall Impressions on Watch

This watch is simply gorgeous. Fit and finish is amazing! I brought it to a watch repair guy who runs his own business for over 40+ years and he thought it was a gen the entire time - he was removing 3 links for me. Seems very accurate so far with time keeping as well. Love every aspect of it except for the stamping on the clasp - definitely looks a little cheap, but this seems to be a problem with most DSSD reps. Rest of the bracelet and clasp is impeccable. Bezel is flawless and pearl seems right on centre to me.

Thoughts on Trevor

Trevor is a trusted dealer from RWI and this was my first purchase from him, and my second rep purchase overall. I really liked dealing with him as he is on Google Chat and so I was able to talk to him instantaneously. I've definitely learned that patience is a virtue in this hobby - but it's definitely great to see a dealer who is willing to answer questions immediately. He responded to all my inquiries quickly. Trevor was also very patient with me, as I had asked him to change watches 3 times, as the previous two DSSDs he sent me QC pics of were not to my liking (bezels had some slight scratches and fading around numbers - however now that I see the watch in person, I realized I was just being really picky and had OCD over something that would've been hardly noticeable once the watch was on your wrist). Trevor shipped out the watch immediately after confirming. My only complaint (which is not his fault at all) was that EMS took over 2 weeks to Canada. Other than that - I am very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend him as a dealer.

Now enjoy the photos!

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

photo.jpg

Edited by watch204

ics1821

Very nice,congrats

Wrist-Time

Looks great ,enjoy. I'm new to the form but that's in my top five to get.

hnic

looks great!

wear it well

PAB

db75e271.gif

watch204

Bump - Just updated - Enjoy!

boneyjr

Is that on your right wrist?

watch204

Yes it is haha - I'm actually right handed too, its a weird habit. Just grew up with always wearing watches on my right hand. I've tried to switch multiple times, but it just always feels weird.

decus

Awwwsome! If I hadn't spent the last of my cash- one of those'd bee mind.

LightGeek

Awesome! You brought it to a watch guy to change the screwed in links? :) They're pretty easy to do by yourself if you have a small jewellers screwdriver.

watch204

Ya... I didn't realize how easy it was until I saw him do it. It was still a good thing though because I basically found my 'go-to' guy for any future watch maintenance/repairs. Nice to have someone close by who can service my reps!

HeavyKrush
ROLEX DEEPSEA (noobfactory)

photo.jpg

Wow, that is a great shot.

Galy

Mother Fucker !! NOW I NEED ONE !!! WHY? WHY? WHY? :frusty: Why I'm still looking after review i spend all my money in watches every weeks.

This is a great watch! PM sent to trevor :picard2:

Edited by Galy

watch204

Mother Fucker !! NOW I NEED ONE !!! WHY? WHY? WHY? :frusty: Why I'm still looking after review i spend all my money in watches every weeks.

LOL.... sorry about that mate. But....I'd recommend sending him an email :)

Galy

LOL.... sorry about that mate. But....I'd recommend sending him an email :)

I emailed him... :picard2:

watch204

H

any lume pics?

Not off hand - but its going to be pretty similar to any other n00b factory DSSD. Lume is good when its exposed under light enough, but its only going to last for about an hour or so. Definitely not super lumed or anything.

UmpaHimself

photo.jpg

Two weeks! That's quick buddy, and with that pearl. You have NOTHING to complain about. In this pic it almost looks like a gen. Enjoy it and be prepared for your arm to be noticeably stronger than the other :D

raevyn00

.........I just settled on a Breitling and now I want this....

DAMN IT

wqleow

I love your structured reviews mate!

Keep the new hobby going!

Nice watch, must say I prefer the JLC Master Geographic that you posted previously.

gixxerjunkie

OK Im definitely getting a DSSD now, just which one???

:D