Sign in to follow this  
verbryckjack

New to the forum and replicas

verbryckjack

I am new to replicas and found this forum while surfing. They provide a nice bridge between paying alot of money for something I may be reticent to wear for fear of damage and owningthe watch I want . In any case I have been collecting watches since 1984 or so and have maybe a hundred , mostly vintage timepieces. In the late nineties I saw an Alain Silberstein and thought I should buy one. If only I had , in the good old days I could have picked one up for a resonable amount. This is no longer the case and frankly I am tired of waitng. Thus the foray into the seedy underbelly of replicas, HA HA. I read through what I could find on this site and apparently I am one of the few who has an appreciation for Mr Silberstein as one of the topics I found with the most replies was for the ugliest watch thread, each to his own. This brings me to my questions, I looked through the trusted seller list and found some Silbersteins on their respective sites but prices vary widley and the photos seem very similar. Some differnces such as saphire crysatal vs glass etc... But this is something I want to wear often and at the lower prices 65-100 could be replaced if broken. However 400-500 is another matter will these higher priced replicas be that superior? The specific watch I am looking for is a bauhaus white faced chronograph with metal band can any point me to one they would recomend? I am in the US and my only experience so far with a replica is with a Rolex submariner I picked up at a swapmeet some 10years ago sitll works great and is one of the reasons I decided to track down a Silberstein. Well that should get me started.

Best Regards

seclark007

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you know a thing or two about watches, so that's half the battle! For the most part, our Trusted Dealers (TD) can source pretty much anything that you are looking for....it has been noted that there are some very special watches that have been repped that aren't "mainstream" (rollies, PAM, AP, etc) and therefore they get very little attention. Sometimes a picture to a TD is all it takes to get the ball rolling on a sale.

Many like to start with the "cheepies" to see if they like a piece, then move to more expensive models. Price is normally dependant on the things you would logically think of - movement, glass (or plexi), etc. As for the pictures, well the dealers in China pretty much have the same sources, which would most likely account for your observation.

Good luck with your searches, have fun on the site...don't sweat some of the attitudes and opinions of the :brightlight: with over 26K members, we have all kinds

Aren

Welcome...and congratulations for finding the best watch forum...have lots of fun here...

and..umm...what seclark007 said...

:D

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

greg_r

Welcome! :D

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

YoungGPS

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Enjoy the hunt with our TD's!

J.Eric

Hi and Welcome!!

hnic

welcome

verbryckjack

Well the search started but I am afarid it is off to a rocky start every trusted dealer I sent an email to was out of stock and not expecting more! Being new to this is this normal? I can see all over the web both the trusted dealers and others have the watch displayed but apparently unavailable? I did find that Silix-Prime.com does have one but it is in their quality watch section prices $250-400, this is for a watch with a 7750 movement and saphire crystal 316 stainless. Is this a good value? It seems many otehr makes of replicas with the 7750 cost less than the Silberstein. I was hoping to order something cheap for my first foray to make sure I would not be disappointed. Any other avenue open to find this peice? Thanks for the help.

dalboy

Welcome Hi and enjoy..

Your gonna love it here

Dal...............

arancini

Welcome mate.

As a Gen and Rep owner, don't underestimate the accuracy of some of these Super Replicas.

Their look, feel and weight compared to Gen. are pretty impressive these days.

Loonie
:) welcome

spaatz1049

Welcome!

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! :giggle:

onzenuub

Welcome

Pihlippe

Hiiiii and welcome to RWG

7005.gif