Sign in to follow this  
amg8896

Two tone Submariner

amg8896

Looking to get a rep two tone sub (blue). New here, and have actually not purchased a replica before. A couple questions for the experts.

Will that gold (if thats what it is) turn quickly?

Is there a replica that has actual 18 or 14 karat instead of overlay?

Who have you found to sell the most precise rep?

Thanks

amg

robznet

Welcome to RWG buddy - you need to stick around and do some serious reading/research before you pull the trigger on your first rep. Gold plate varies so much that there is no definative answer to your question, read, search and send some emails to our TDs - you will get there eventually but it's a learning curve. Good luck in your quest. :thumbsup2:

Olly

If the gold is like 14 microns thick and you wear it day to day then it will eventually wear off, Im not sure but i think that the gold they use is 18 karat gold and use electrolysis to stick it to the material (mid links), also contact Mary on our trusted dealers list, she will be able to get you a brilliant replica watch.

good luck with your research !! :thumbsup:

amg8896

THanks guys! @Robznet - SOOOO much reading to do! I've done quite a bit and already feel like I've learned so much! Awesome site!

@Olly - will Mary be able to know if what Im getting is actually 18 k?

Stupid question- what if I were to spring for the real link band of a Rolex two tone (dont they clip on/off?) and throw them on a rep?

Olly

Im sure Mary could tell you that and you cant clip of the mid links its a solid part of the bracelet

Olly

Also a genuine bracelet would cost lots of £££ its not realistic to put it on a rep

ronin007

1300 to be exact ,just had a quote,for a 1000 you could get a very good rep entire watch,got a gen and to be fair i dont think the reps come close also its a watch everyone asks can they try it on,I've a 350 dollar swiss sat in a box unworn and some bracelets which i just sold on another forum and i cant believe the anal questions i was asked by the so-called experts,they did my head in,was laughing as they didnt know i have a gen,I'm not a expert though just my input

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!!

P4GTR

watch international, a trusted dealer on this site has 2 tone blue submariners with nice movements for about 200 bucks. I wouldn't hesitate to pick 1 of those up, would be a lot of fun for a little investment considering the cost of the gen. with proper care I bet it would last at least many years. Also to answer your question yes a Genuine bracelet should fit right on if you wanted to bear that expense.

here's the link to watch internationals 2 tone blue Submariner special-

www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=26234

ronin007

Sorry I was moaning, welcome as well,

amg8896

Ronin007- where did you get this quote from? 1300 or 1000? was this a replica? hehehe not up on the lingo yet. go easy on me. your reply was almost foreign. :))))))))))

P4GTR- Dont laugh but this is for a gift so attempting to pass it on as real. lol at least for as long as I can. Bought a Patek rep about 5 years ago so good that even a dealer couldnt tell it wasnt real. and its still kicking like a beast. Trying to bat 1000 here. You guys are so much help. Im thinking I might pull it off. It would be worth splurging for the bracelet as I wouldnt mind spending 1500- just not prepared to spend 9 grand. or more. Think the gold on the face would turn? Ill contact international and Mary and see where I get...... any other advice or suggestions is not only welcomed but mucho appreciated.

Luthier

Mucho reading and learning is the only answer. Do your homework, there's plenty of answers in our threads, use SEARCH button. Question about how long gold will stay was raised 1285 times.

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Please don't pass off a replica as a genuine watch, you'll only end up looking foolish if it breaks down and the recipient takes it to be repaired.

Do as the guys have suggested, do your homework, pick a dealer, then buy the best quality replica you can afford.

Good luck.

ronin007

I'm going to sell brand new Swiss version with 14k bracelet , solid mid links today or tomorrow in the sales forum and its from the noob factory , watch is in England

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Please read and read!

ronin007

Sorry 1300 pounds for a new bracelet, my gen was in a small accident with a horse, lol long story,price from Rolex , I saw some part gen reps on repgeeks being sold for 1000- 1400 dollars, I'll look the link up for you later,it's a great watch rep and gen but it does really get noticed,ask about on here, these fellas have a great knowledge, I'm pretty new to it all as well, I've switched totally from Rolex to breitling , AP and hublot, have fun it's a great site

amg8896

I hate to have to pass it on as real and prepared to look foolish, but unfortunately I've back myself into a corner where I have no choice. Im hoping if that happens to look more like a duped buyer, vs a foolish one. I have up to 3 g's to spend but obviously wont find a real one for that. So Im thinking I could splurge for the real two toned linked bracelet and pop it on an limit my chances of that (or at least the gold turning early)

roinin007- Id LOVE that link if you could pass it on. Reputable Im assuming? Have you purchased from them before? Yours you're selling, the swiss version, is it the two tone sub? Im assuming solid youre referring to solid gold?

Really cant thank you guys enough. I feel like i struck gold on here. IM NOT ALONE!!! YAY!

ronin007

It won't be solid gold sorry, it's 14 k wrapped, the links are solid though which give it a bit of weight, did read somewhere the mid links on the gen are hollow,???, the sel links are also wrapped on the sides, I'll send you a photo tonight and some links, I read most people complain about the Rolex bracelets being too light and tinny,it's only what I have read though.

hnic

welcome

thats enough $'s to build a nice one i guess

PAB
welcometurkeymissy_zps6713c4b1.gif

amg8896

It won't be solid gold sorry, it's 14 k wrapped, the links are solid though which give it a bit of weight, did read somewhere the mid links on the gen are hollow,???, the sel links are also wrapped on the sides, I'll send you a photo tonight and some links, I read most people complain about the Rolex bracelets being too light and tinny,it's only what I have read though.

sorry, by solid I am referring to all gold versus two tone. yours you're selling two tone?

My apologies for not completely reading through the forums either before asking questions. I was still figuring out how to navigate around. It look like that is a question asked very often. I know now im looking for "gold wrapped" swiss movement. even after reading through almost 30 different posts though- its still questionable on what would wear quicker the crown or bracelet. I could counter the bracelet part by buying gen and clipping on, but then will I run into the crown turning quickly? I have to go with two tone, so trying to limit the problems as much as possible. Also read that BK is the man to precisely get the watch to as close to perfection as it can be. If I were to purchase a rep, get gen bracelet, and ship it off to BK to perfect it. Would he, obviously for a price?

chenner29

Welcome!

I am very interested to hear how you got stuck in such a precarious spot!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

amg8896

my big fucking mouth.

amg8896

Thanks 964boy- they did well with that purchase! Im actually looking for a two tone. I've emailed Mary today. Havent heard back yet, but curious to hear what her advice is!