Sign in to follow this  
pierric

hello from Pierric

pierric

Hello to the RWG members, I'm a total newbie in that hobby.

I bought a watch from a seller I found in Google, had a good-looking watch... that didn't work, sent it back to China (paid the shipping), the watch was received by the shop and sent back to me on "warranty", stayed 3 weeks at the post office (it was in august and I was in holidays, couldn't pick it up), was returned to the seller by the post office! I contacted them, paid the shipping again, received the wrong watch ( a very low quality one ) ...that has a good time keeping.

So I paid for learning.

At least I know now that Submariner is definitely my watch, that a 150$ replica can look like a 50$ 'one when found on Google and what "to be scammed" means.

I'm too much ashamed to tell more about this.... sigh.

Just for the funny side of the story: the watch arrived inside a plastic pink pig-toy supposed to be a clock-radio. Never has a pink piggy travelled so much between China and France.

Then I searched hard, found RWG and began to do my homework.

Not an easy game for me cause English isn't my native langage, but I do my best.

I have a little obsession for submariners... I took me hours to understand the difference between the models, what should be my expectations about a replica, how should I pay to get what I want, and all of what you confirmed members know for ages.

I have yet a lot to learn (takes me a long time cause I am a slow reader in english) but I felt comfortable enough to buy a cheap submariner from Reg. I'm waiting for the french postmail to do his job. I can last weeks. I ordered a Colamariner and it is just a private joke between me and me: I am a dentist, drinking coke is driving you straight to the dentist's office if you're an everage coke-drinker (average is 1.5 l a day), dentist are supposed to be as rich as Cresus was, if Cresus was still alive he would wear a rollie.

Damn I was scared of having troubles with the customs by buying a counterfeit, now I will be scared of having troubles with Coca-Cola by saying coke is the cause of tooth-decay. I love that feeling of living a dangerous life anyway!

onionbag

Hello and welcome. Very few here have not been scammed at some time or another, we have a French forum if that is easier for you, but your English is perfect. :)

As you're a dentist, I'll ask you this......................Is it safe? You'll be asked that a few times. ;)

Cyril_Clunge

Hello Pierric :wave: welcome to RWG :)

DeLaForce

Welcome :)

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!!

PAB
welcome_zps293c12ce.gif

Balad1

Welcome new RWG friend, you've come to the right place :)

Loonie

Hello and ouch...

spaatz1049

As a fellow newb, welcome!

jeffw69

Welcome.

spaatz1049

Agree, your English is very good. Much better than my few words of French. ;) Welcome!

Electron17

Hello and welcome. Great first post and your English is just fine. Looks like you are doing the right thing now you have joined RWG, reading and learning. Sorry to hear about you first experience of reps but it is all in the learning process.

Regards,

Jan

:thepianohasbeendrinking::q5:

hnic

welcome sir

dont worry about your english

read and learn

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!! :giggle: