Sign in to follow this  
Bash64

Avenger for my soon to be son-in-law

Bash64

Well Christmas is coming and he's seen my Avenger and now he would like one too.

I am hoping the Breitling experts can weigh in with some help for me. Failing another crazy sale from Tony, it looks like an Avenger with bracelet will be in the $200 range. I found this one on Tony's site: http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=120&P_id=853&ti=

It is described as a 44mm Skyland Avenger "ultimate"edition V.2

I have tried to soak up as much info as possible on this but am falling short. I have read that the V.2's may have some movement problems. Is this true? Would this watch fall in that category or might it be an updated movement (V. 2.5)?

I really don't want to spend more than $200 on this if possible. Have been trolling the M2M, but have not got lucky yet. Reliability is more important on this one than than cosmetic differences as compared to the Gen. Having said that, anything quartz is out.

Any thoughts on this? Or advice?

This is the Avenger in the link:

BlueAvenger.jpg

This is a S Avenger that is the right idea but is a little out of the budget:

whitesuperavenger.jpg

Del

If it's the Skyland you're after then the v3 is the one you need to get (not the one above). Unfortunately from a budget point of view, it's probably more like $230-$240. Then there is the latest superlumed version but that is around $290 so is even further out of your price range (I think this is just a v3 with superlumed dial).

I recommend that you drop Mary/Rochest an email at Watch International and ask them for a price on a v3. :)

hnic

I recommend that you drop Mary/Rochest an email at Watch International and ask them for a price on a v3. :)

yup

my thoughts

what a great present it will be!

sdiver

Hi Mate

If u into Breitling Skyland Avenger Black face it is out of stock now.

Just informed by Mary/Rochest On friday after also wanted one....

Bash64

Thanks everyone. Rochest and Mary it is.

Bash64

If it's the Skyland you're after then the v3 is the one you need to get (not the one above). Unfortunately from a budget point of view, it's probably more like $230-$240. Then there is the latest superlumed version but that is around $290 so is even further out of your price range (I think this is just a v3 with superlumed dial).

Just checking out Puretime also. They say they have a V3 and price it at $208 less than quotes for other V3's. Whatis the difference between V2 and V3. Is it only the upgraded to an improved 7750 movement?

diplosa

The white one above...... The picture is just effin ugly. I've seen one in person and the one above doesn't do ANY justice to the watch.

Dendo

Get a Breitling box to present it in mate - and if I were you I would get them a quartz - less hassle in the long term for non-enthusiasts.

Balad1

Buy him a gen, you cheap bastard!

If I was him and you gave me a rep I'd dump your daughter. I would only want to marry into a family with money.

Tits McGee

Don't get him ANYTHING until he marries your daughter.

Balad1

What kind of Dowry are you paying?

jeffw69
:picard2:

diplosa

Thank God I have a son! I'd beating his ass and making him buy me a Breitling and just imagine if he had balls to present me with a rep.

Bash64

Buy him a gen, you cheap bastard!

If I was him and you gave me a rep I'd dump your daughter. I would only want to marry into a family with money.

Who knows if he will even make it to the wedding? I'm hedging my bets. Every time we start to like one of the boyfriends, they are suddenly dumped and gone.

Thank God I have a son! I'd beating his ass and making him buy me a Breitling and just imagine if he had balls to present me with a rep.

And, he should be buying me the Gen, not the other way around. Some of you may have to provide a dowery to marry off your girls, but there is enough interest I should be able to get something out of the deal.

The white one above...... The picture is just effin ugly. I've seen one in person and the one above doesn't do ANY justice to the watch.

Thanks for the tip. It will be black or blue then :)

Balad1

Sorry, just fun'n ya Bro :)

Bash64

Oh I am not taking any of this too seriously, the non-watch talk that is :)

Ok - puretime has this watch listed as a V.3:

http://www.puretime.co/product/avenger-skyland-ss-blue-dial-on-bracelet-v3/

BlueavengerV3.jpg

I can see no difference between this and the v. 2's From reading, i think the bezel is different? Any chance this is not a version 3? The price is sure good if it is.

I'm hoping Del sees this as I'm sure he can tell at a glance what is going on.

diegosaenz

Honestly just get them the quartz, I have two watches with 7750 and I never EVER use the chronos haha.

Balad1

Maybe consider this model Breitling, no chrono and no problems.

This particular rep is titanium with Swiss movement.

Honolulutripwithwatch027.jpg

IMG_2612-1.jpg

Honolulutripwithwatch012.jpg

Del

Ok - puretime has this watch listed as a V.3:

I can see no difference between this and the v. 2's From reading, i think the bezel is different? Any chance this is not a version 3? The price is sure good if it is.

I'm hoping Del sees this as I'm sure he can tell at a glance what is going on.

Yes, it's a v3. I'd not buy from there though - much better to stick with our Trusted Dealers. If you buy from there then you're own your own. ;)

aksingh

Puretimes V3 has the best dial and is the best value and V2 not available anymore. Mary charged me $30 more so its up to you but Puretime are very trusted on the other forums. See my pic thread..

Edited by aksingh

Bash64

Great feedback - thanks everyone!

raevyn00

Wouldn't the Quartz version of the watch have more cosmetic discrepencies than the 7750 versions?