Sign in to follow this  
watch204

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Geographic From WI Review + Pics [Heavy]

watch204

JLC Master Geographic

Movement: Asian 21J Automatic

Price Paid W/ EMS + PayPal Fees to Canada: $187

Purchased From: Watch International (Mary + Rochest)

Initial Thoughts

• This watch looks classy
  • Even though there's a lot of dials on the watch, its still very clean looking to me
  • Watch feels solid, love the see through case back

Overall Impressions on Watch

• I was looking for a business casual watch (something dressy but not black tie dressy) and this watch seems to fit the bill perfectly. The watch itself seems to be very well constructed - awesome watch for the price!
  • Have had it for two days and has not lost or gained anything noticeable in terms of time - seems to be an accurate time keeper
  • Setting the second time zone is difficult, inconvenient, and confusing - basically have left it alone for the most part.
  • There is no quick set feature for the date unfortunately
  • Power Reserve meter is pretty accurate as far as I can tell.
  • Watch seems to resemble Gen closely: http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/WW/en/luxury-watches/product/master-geographic/ref/1428421.html However, please note that I am not very anal with the finer details, so some of you might not agree with this sentiment.

Thoughts on Watch International

• I really loved dealing with Mary & Rochest. As soon as I told them I wanted to go ahead with the watch, they sent me payment instructions the next day, and ordered it the same day for me. QC pics received and shipped out in 3 days. Transit time was 1 week to Canada via EMS. Buttery smooth transaction, and very pleasant to deal with. This was my first purchase from them, and I already have another order for 3 watches going through as I write this - they have responded to all my emails by the next day. They are definitely my new preferred TD :) Thanks Mary & Rochest for your awesome level of service!

Now on to the pictures!

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo-1.jpg

diplosa

One thing that always throws me off is when people put watches on their right wrist, but you can't tell from a picture where the wrist is, like in the one above - no knuckles, no nothing to ID it as a right arm and then I look at it and think what kind of fucked up arm is this. :D

As I previously said - nice watch, enjoy and wear often.

wat44

I wear them on the right as well. Eventually others will see the error of their ways

James.

The quick set for the date is that little button under the main crown. Use a pen/paper clip (or paper clup if you're from NZ) and you'll be set.

I have the RG version

470748ed.jpg

HeavyKrush

Great write up and fantastic watch. Wear it in good health.

JohnPilot

NICE !

Are all the functions working?

J.Eric

Very Nice!!

Congrats!!

Pihlippe

Very nice, Congrats

ics1821

Congrsts,looks nice..

watch204

One thing that always throws me off is when people put watches on their right wrist, but you can't tell from a picture where the wrist is, like in the one above - no knuckles, no nothing to ID it as a right arm and then I look at it and think what kind of fucked up arm is this. :D

As I previously said - nice watch, enjoy and wear often.

Thanks! I'm definitely loving it!

I wear them on the right as well. Eventually others will see the error of their ways

Haha yes eventually they will :death:

The quick set for the date is that little button under the main crown. Use a pen/paper clip (or paper clup if you're from NZ) and you'll be set.

I have the RG version

470748ed.jpg

AMAZING! Thanks so much for this! Yours looks gorgeous!

Great write up and fantastic watch. Wear it in good health.

Thanks a lot!

NICE !

Are all the functions working?

Thanks! Yes all the functions are working great. Setting second time zone is just a slight pain...

Very Nice!!

Congrats!!

Thanks!

Very nice, Congrats

Thanks!

Congrsts,looks nice..

Thanks!

Edited by watch204

jvnice

I just got mine. But I've noticed my date won't change automatically. Does yours work?

watch204

I just got mine. But I've noticed my date won't change automatically. Does yours work?

Yes it does

myaz

Nice watch. Great review of both watch and TD. Photography very well done (except for a couple fingerprints). I really enjoyed that. Well done. Enjoy

wqleow

Hi watch204,

Thanks for the systematic review. Enjoyed the write up very much. I has gotten my hands on the same watch and can't seem to set the second time zone at all (even with the instructions from the WI thread). Could you help shed some light and elaborate on how much of a pain it is to set the second time zone?

Otherwise, im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

myaz

@wqleow. Sorry 'bout your trouble. if yours works right and like mine, it's easy, you simply rotate the crown counter clockwise. Both time zones will move in tandem backwards until you get to 12. Main time zone will keep moving backwards and second time zone will stop.

wqleow

Thanks myaz! I get it now. It's so interesting, never really noticed that the second time zone's hour hand doesn't move in tandem when the crown is rotated counter-clockwise!

New found respect for this watch!

watch204

Hi watch204,

Thanks for the systematic review. Enjoyed the write up very much. I has gotten my hands on the same watch and can't seem to set the second time zone at all (even with the instructions from the WI thread). Could you help shed some light and elaborate on how much of a pain it is to set the second time zone?

Otherwise, im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delayed response dude, but myaz pretty much nailed it on the head. Still wish it was easier to set, but can't really complain for the price and since the overall quality of the watch is simply fantastic. Enjoy!

pat25d

Do you know how to set the date hand?

Pospower

What is the strap size 19mm 20mm 22mm?

Odyseus

Does anyone recommend a decent strap for the JLC?..

Odyseus

Get a really nice strap and Rose Gold dloymemt strap from Sectime (UK)?

http://www.sectime.co.uk/

1 x Leather Watch Strap AFRICAN Black 22mm (01AF2201) = £8.95

1 x Rose Gold Stainless Steel Butterfly Deployment Clasp 20mm (30BU2004) =

£16.75

cooop123321

hi just a quick question he case back is completely different from gen right,,,?(not only the mastbr) <ul class="post_controls clear clearfix" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 6px; padding-right: 6px; padding-bottom: 6px; padding-left: 6px; list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; clear: both; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; "><li style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 12px; float: right; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; background-color: rgb(247, 252, 244); ">

fatarms

hi just a quick question he case back is completely different from gen right,,,?(not only the mastbr) <ul class="post_controls clear clearfix" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 6px; padding-right: 6px; padding-bottom: 6px; padding-left: 6px; list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; clear: both; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; "><li style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 12px; float: right; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; background-color: rgb(247, 252, 244); ">

I doubt they could fit all that on the caseback.

cooop123321

<p>hi just a quick question <span style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); line-height: 1.6; ">he case back is completely different from gen right,,,?(not only the mastbr) </span></p>

<ul class="post_controls clear clearfix" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 6px; padding-right: 6px; padding-bottom: 6px; padding-left: 6px; list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; clear: both; border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; ">

<li style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 12px; float: right; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; background-color: rgb(247, 252, 244); "><a class="_ips_trigger_quote ipsButton_secondary" href="http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=175&t=51667&qpid=946901" pid="946901" style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); text-decoration: none; height: 20px; line-height: 20px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 12px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 12px; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0% 0%,%

cooop123321

hi just a quick question he case back is completely different from gen right,,,?(not only the mastbr)