Sign in to follow this  
replicastuff

What do you do when spotted wearing a rep?

onzenuub

I give them Cyril_Clunge's phonenr.

Cyril_Clunge

I hate to break it to you but you're not really my type so when you asked for it I gave you GH's number instead :)

onzenuub
I hate to break it to you but you're not really my type so when you asked for it I gave you GH's number instead :)

Dammit. :D

Focal

The most annoying thing is that people suddenly totally agree on it looking fake when you tell them it's a rep. I was wearing my PAM111 NoobV3 and someone who knew shit about watches said he saw the real deal once and and he already thought mine was a rep. After i told him it was of course.

I don't say it's perfect, but when wearing it on the wrist i'm quite sure no one would be able to tell it's a rep. This watch looks amazing and accurate.

Edited by Focal

kingpinup

I was at a bar once, and I was talking with some chick. He interrupts our conversation to say, that's a fake breitling. I told him to fuck off. Apparently he is some kind of lawyer and represents a brand or some shit. But he also had a bad stutter, and when I kept on telling him to fuck off and yes it's a rep, and I'm just a watch enthusiast, etc... he started stuttering and apologizing... regardless, it was about 10 minutes of pure fucking awkward. Thankfully I still took the girl home. Either way, I wanted to uppercut the douche for jumping in to sound smart, and just making an ass of everyone, himself included.

trksh-bzr

ooohhh, fake watch cock blocking. the worst kind!!

-glad he didn't suck seed ;)

samura

If asked, I'll simply say is a rep, because, in the end, is just a good looking watch no matter what.

arancini

I tell them my Gens are Reps.

Always love flushing out the jealous types.

Mystery Shopper

I call in a privately paid security extraction team to get me the fuck away from this awkward situation.

jeffw69

1. If a stranger is rude enough to ask, tell 'em to fuck off - it's none of their damn business.

2. tell friends and family it's a rep and then get 'em to sign up here.

Job done...

I tend to agree, but can we sneak in the 12 inch penis comment into this solution?

Thats exactly how I feel

You feel Trk's 12 inch penis?

PetshaFey

If a douche want to be a smartass I might say No it is not a Rep it is custom, so next time you your homework before you want to talk with the big boys.

seclark007

12 inch wang, eh? For the record, i don't fold it in half for anybody! :D

Cyril_Clunge

I only wear my reps at home, if I have to leave the shed for any reason I ensure I am wearing only legal reps.

And rep sunglasses.

trksh-bzr

1. If a stranger is rude enough to ask, tell 'em to fuck off - it's none of their damn business.

Job done...

I tend to agree, but can we sneak in the 12 inch penis comment into this solution?

Thats exactly how I feel

he tried grabbing it....he also reached for the star..........luckily I have takien ninja classes.....wooosh. gone trk is. :ninjagone:

jeffw69

Job done...

Thats exactly how I feel

he tried grabbing it....he also reached for the star..........luckily I have takien ninja classes.....wooosh. gone trk is. :ninjagone:

Lol. :ninja2:

trksh-bzr

that's not a ninja.....it looks more like sol, the swedenja

nickee_2dS

Usually if someone ask me about a watch I say that is a rep...No reasons to lie....

parisianshut

The only exception about lying about a rep is if in a bar situation and you're trying to get laid.

i'm always in a situation trying to get laid... thankfully not only trying ...

PetshaFey

indeed Par, always try to het the willy in :P

goodgood

So, if someone says to you "nice watch" you are suddenly in a quandary as to what to say? I normally just say "thanks". :D

Anyway, this happens so rarely that it is not something to lose sleep over. ;)

They are NOT saying "nice watch". , it that case it would be easy to answer. They are asking "is THAT a fake?".....

In this case, I would say " Do you like it? I'd sell it to you cheap.!".

Dendo

Have to agree with Luth - this must be the hundredth time.......

I have never been asked if that is a rep 99.9% would not have a clue.

To the others who are TDs, watchsmiths, gen enthusiasts or rep enthusiasts - I would say 'I love watches and love tinkering with them'.

Typically they then open up and start showing and talking about theirs. We have much more in common with them - difference is gen lovers have limited knowledge compared to rep or rep/gen owners.

I love reps because I love the mechanics and esthetics of watches. Most of the TDs, watchsmiths and gen or rep enthusiasts are the same. I am not trying to fool anyone - just want to limit my exposure to being ripped off paying too much for advertising budgets for swiss watch companies - I have many gens - but way more reps :lol:

UmpaHimself

" I have no idea how that got on my wrist...."

:lmao: +1M

diplosa

Gens are made from my Swiss AAAAAA legal reps, so I've got nothing to worry about. All my legit reps were approved by Chuck Norris and that's my friends is a real authority and not some silly gemological institute of genuine watches, which as I mentioned, evaluates my Swiss AAAAA reps to make recommendations to the gen line.

Edited by diplosa

jeffw69

Wow, 71 people voted.