Sign in to follow this  
Gmh

Perrelet Turbine

Gmh

Well i've tried searching for anything about Perrelet on this forum, but haven't found anything.

I found a very interesting watch, haven't yet decided whether I like it, but still, i believe its worth sharing with you guys.

Anyway It's a very interesting looking 44mm watch, and I would be very interested in seeing how a replica looks on my wrist before buying the gen (ya, right after winning the lottery :) )

Pic:

26554.jpg

Youtube videos:

Official video

what it actually looks like

So, does anybody know anything about it?

EDIT:

Forgot to mention: I did find some low-end attempts at making a REP, but i don't think they're worth mentioning, since they originated from non-tursted sources...

Edited by Gmh

greg_r

That's not a watch that's likely to get repped. Firstly the standard movements available to the rep factories aren't going to be able to power that spinning dial, and secondly the manufacturer is rather obscure...

Gmh
That's not a watch that's likely to get repped. Firstly the standard movements available to the rep factories aren't going to be able to power that spinning dial, and secondly the manufacturer is rather obscure...

Yep, thats what I thought.

Still looks pretty cool though... :)

dingle

looks awesome! Sadly, No rep will ever be made. :popcorn:

Gmh
looks awesome! Sadly, No rep will ever be made. :popcorn:

Correction, no good rep will ever be made :clap:

bad replica or even a scam

Edited by Gmh

fakemaster

LOL. Never gonna happen.

Member X

That wouldn't be impossible to do though, would it?

Just a case of working the movement to get a shaft through to the front? I've not thought it through fully but I can see how that would be difficult, though... LoL

stamrik
That wouldn't be impossible to do though, would it?

Just a case of working the movement to get a shaft through to the front? I've not thought it through fully but I can see how that would be difficult, though... LoL

Now that's more like it --a rare proactive response! Call me an idyat, or at least too easily impressed by the revolutionary [both meanings], but I've seen the black/red gen close up and thought it was stunning --the thing's alive on your wrist! They were coy about price and I've since seen quotes of anywhere GBP6k - 10k --serious money for many, especially as there's no resale history, and its not like its a Grandes Maisons chrono --its basically a high-end gimmick. I'm guessing that means that the erm, cheaper, 'reps' now available are of little interest for anyone RWG.

If anyone with tech expertise wants to have a crack at, say, a <GBP900 [gotta start somewhere] respectable spinning version, I'd buy straight away, and may be able to generate further sales. Maybe I'm naive. But 'miraculously proving the experts' wrong' isn't any part of my motivation --I just think sometimes its good to find talented like-minds, try out others' reservations [i bet few have actual hands-on experience of trying and failing], and have a damn good go at getting what you want.

Sorry, didn't intend to write a small book on the subject!

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Eh, it's spinners all over again. You wouldn't necessarily need the front rotor to interact with the movement at all (in fact, the movement in it looks a whole lot like a standard ETA 2892), just a custom dial and a tall enough hour wheel and canon pinion to clear the dial.

Just let the right people buy it and start wearing it around, and in a year you'll see quartz versions for $49.95 at Target.

AllergyDoc

If you look at the dial for ten minutes straight, do you get transported back to Kansas?

cybee

I actually like how the crown works on that watch...not sure about the dial LoL.

greg_r
If you look at the dial for ten minutes straight, do you get transported back to Kansas?

Iowa.

:facepalm:

trailboss99

Yup, the black and red is stunning IRL.

Put me down for one!

Col.