Sign in to follow this  
Galy

What I have to do ??

Galy

Hi,

I ordered my first watch from mary and Rochest WI, it was a C Sub from 42PO with an Asian ETA, I asked if the accuracy has been tested they answered me yes but when i recieved it, it lost 29 sec/day.

Tow days ago, i recieved my second order, a C Sub from Noob Fact with an Asian ETA and a ballon bleu de catier with a quartz mouvement. No problem for the Cartier but the Sub lost 1min and 12 sec in 1 DAY !!!!!!

I'm waiting for tow more watch in transit a C Sub LV from Noob and a daytejust II from noobfactory both with Asian ETA.

I'll wait to recieve it but i really think they do not test watches or I'm very luckyless.

What do you think I have to do?

Thanks for your help.

Pob

Where is the problem? Watches that you got are going perfet!!!! 1 min a day is great!

There is no automatic watch that that is going 0 sec a day man ;)

They all go few sec to fast or to slow!

Pob

Sorry i just woke up and answered your post on impuls! The one that is going 29 sec a day is quite ok but the second one with over a minute is maybe little to fast and should be regulated!

The automatic watches work in three positions and it is very hard to tell exactly how much they will gain or lose in 24h so it is possible they tested it but the watch worked great in one position and not in the other one!

mostling

Big difference in a few seconds per day and over a minute per day tho...

Del

Make sure that you give the Subs a good hand wind to begin with. Sometimes these movements are not as accurate with only auto winding when first starting them from dead. Once they are fully wound by hand then they tend to keep better time through auto winding.

Pob
Big difference in a few seconds per day and over a minute per day tho...

I know i just edited my post :D

I just woke up :D

jimsusan

I've bought five reps in the last three months three from Mary and two from Silix. All, with the exception of one which has an Asian 21J, have Swiss ETA movements. All my watches, with the exception of the latest Rolex GMT from Silix have needed to be regulated. It seems to me that whilst most reps from trusted dealers are equipped with basically good movements because of the hidden nature of manufacturing (reps are illegal after all) one of the areas that gets glossed over is in final regulation.

In my experience ALL of the watches I have bought have been capable of much better time keeping than they were capable of delivering on delivery. The answer is to regulate them yourself which is simple enough although you will need some basic tools (an eye glass, sticky ball, small screw drivers, wooden cocktail sticks?). There is loads of information on the internet and indeed here on this forum to help you do this. Search this forum for stuff on regulating.

One of my watches was gaining two minutes a day and is now running at around + 4 secs/day---excellent I think. The Asian 21j (cheapest movement) is within +/- 7secs/day.

I do think the accuracy of watches as they arrive is pot luck. My Rolex GMT, after a week of running and monitoring, is, unbelievably, within ONE second a day!

Don't be downhearted. Your watches are capable of delivering much better performance than they give on initial receipt.

HeavyKrush

You might ask WI if they are simply testing the watch or correcting the watch and to what degree.

On the testing front, they are simply measuring the watch beat rate compared to the movements standard, 18,800/21,600/,28,800. WI might have an acceptable range that doesn't jive with your expectation.

There are two ways to "correct" a watch beat rate, regulation and adjustment. Regulation simply requires adjusting the movements beat rate be utilizing the regulation screw or arm. Adjusting the watch requires manipulating the balance wheel to correct for watch position.

WI might be regulating but not adjusting so it could be that you have a watch with an unbalanced balance wheel. You might try fully winding the watch and placing it dial side up and measuring the difference against a world clock standard for a few hours then place it crown down and measure it for a few more and examine the results.

Galy

Where is the problem? Watches that you got are going perfet!!!! 1 min a day is great!

There is no automatic watch that that is going 0 sec a day man ;)

They all go few sec to fast or to slow!

More than a minute per day is enormous!!! I have three gen and none of them took more than 4 sec/day. For a rep I expected +/- 15sec/day, that could be acceptable.

Edited by Galy

Stooee21

I'm not really comfortable opening up the back of my watches and fiddling about just yet.... How much ballpark should it cost to get regulated by a watchsmith? Mine is gaining 2 mins a day easy... Can't believe how much it is annoying me lol