Sign in to follow this  
Del

Advice sought after for uneven crystal on PAM390N.

Del

I just noticed today that the crystal on my PAM390N is not prressed in evenly - see pic below.

Do you think I could get this pressed in fully or would the crystal need to be removed first and then reinstalled?

I've worn this several times and never noticed, now it's all I see...... :facepalm:

8172156188_858d6fbb0b_b.jpg

Del

:popcorn:

;)

greg_r

I'd guess it'd need to be removed and reseated, although, of course...

iknownothingbadge.jpg

10:10 Watch Repair

maybe, but it's more likely it's a crimped gasket, or a crystal that is too thin / bezel too deep so they couldn't press it fully.

Balad1

Bummer Del, shit likes that makes me crazy and ruins the joy of wearing the rep. :(

greg_r

Bummer Del, shit likes that makes me crazy and ruins the joy of wearing the rep. :(

I find that being slightly myopic helps in this hobby... :D

:blind:

DR3M3L

I had the same problem with a rolex sub, my local jewelery did re-insert the glass correctly :) i only paid 35 euro's for it..

Del

Thanks guys. :)

I'm not really skilled enough to try to re-seat the crystal myself but I'll maybe try to get it seen to locally or send it to an expert at some point.

I've got a gen Panerai Asso strap incoming from Strap Daddy for it so I'd like the crystal fixed if possible. Can't have a wonky crystal and a gen strap in the same combo! :D

solkryssare

Come to cph and we'll sort it out for ya ;)

Corv99

Feel your pain mate.... my 111 has a white dust speck under crystal at around '12' actually never noticed before this week, and only visible at certain angles...... as you say everytime I look at it now I zoom in on it!! :whiteflag:

I don't have the bottle to attempt stuff like that either, but it will need sorting out, as it does drive you mental! :fearlessleader:

Balad1

Myopic, is that an ancient civilization?

Del

Perhaps I could just send the watch? :D

Feel your pain mate.... my 111 has a white dust speck under crystal at around '12' actually never noticed before this week, and only visible at certain angles...... as you say everytime I look at it now I zoom in on it!! :whiteflag:

I don't have the bottle to attempt stuff like that either, but it will need sorting out, as it does drive you mental! :fearlessleader:

I'm going to stop inspecting my watches so closely. Nothing good can come from it...........:facepalm:

Balad1

Feel your pain mate.... my 111 has a white dust speck under crystal at around '12' actually never noticed before this week, and only visible at certain angles...... as you say every time I look at it now I zoom in on it!! :whiteflag:

I'm going to stop inspecting my watches so closely. Nothing good can come from it........... :facepalm:

Yeah right Del, LOL.

Like I'm going to stop be obsessive compulsive, he he.

:)

Del

Feel your pain mate.... my 111 has a white dust speck under crystal at around '12' actually never noticed before this week, and only visible at certain angles...... as you say every time I look at it now I zoom in on it!! :whiteflag:

I'm going to stop inspecting my watches so closely. Nothing good can come from it........... :facepalm:

Yeah right Del, LOL.

Like I'm going to stop be obsessive compulsive, he he.

:)

I know. Who am I trying to kid! :thud:

DR3M3L

I'm going to stop inspecting my watches so closely. Nothing good can come from it...........:facepalm:

Maybe that's not a bad idea :') hope you'll get this fixed soon without paying to much money for it.

greg_r

No, they were the Mayonnaise, I think... :unsure:

Balad1

No, they were the Mayonnaise, I think... :unsure:

Ah thanks, blame it on public education...

robznet

Shouldn't be taking such brilliant photos Del, maybe you might not have picked it up! :giggle:

Balad1

Hey Del, I read a thread once where someone stood on their rep in stocking feet to resolve this issue...

:Whistle:

Del
:lol: I didn't even see this in my pics!

Del
Hey Del, I read a thread once where someone stood on their rep in stocking feet to resolve this issue...

:Whistle:

Yup, for the DSSD. Don't fancy trying that on a PAM though!

robznet

:lol: I didn't even see this in my pics!

Oh well.............that's my theory shot down in flames! Seriously though Del, once you have seen a flaw, it's the only thing you will see when you look at that watch, hope you get it sorted mate!

DarkGlass

Del if you have a local Debenhams and they have an in store watch guy try there, our local one sorted out the uneven crystal on a DSSD that I think you and I both got from Robert

Hazz

I have a crystal press on route.

964boy

Thanks guys. :)

I'm not really skilled enough to try to re-seat the crystal myself but I'll maybe try to get it seen to locally or send it to an expert at some point.

I've got a gen Panerai Asso strap incoming from Strap Daddy for it so I'd like the crystal fixed if possible. Can't have a wonky crystal and a gen strap in the same combo! :D

Ever the perfectionist. Bum deal though.

Is this a new hobby for the del boy. Gen strap collector. :D