Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

UPDATED - HOMAGE Sea-Dweller Deep Sea

JohnG

I noticed a little while ago that eBay seller linglingwatches had started to offer a Rolex diver homage, but because I find the Submariner and old Sea Dweller a little small for my taste I ignored the listings. But one day for some reason I took a closer look and low and behold, it was a sterile homage of the Deep Sea!

It has a 21j movement, (incorrect) polished center link Oyster bracelet without diver's extension - at least that is the way it looks), and does not have the two piece caseback, but it is a homage so I could care less - what I like is the idea of a Rolex diver homage with a size I can live with - 42mm w/o crown.

I wanted to resist but I couldn't and last night I won an auction and paid ($56 plus shipping), and as soon as it arrives I will post pics in this thread, in the meantime, here are some pics from seller:

szx2vuxsv3oj5jufq7wi.jpg

d702pshhwk7bl4osb6uw.jpg

z3z2huhjazlrolttrtgb.jpg

7s5r4cgxg26dmuobdcth.jpg

20fjla06jrrttet8nzh4.jpg

9s7v8r1v7m79sqbf7o10.jpg

h3u5umel2yhhx3n16z8d.jpg

greg_r

Not too shabby! That's slightly less than I paid for my DeepSea from Neil and looks very similar (other than the sterile dial/case). I like mine a lot. Nice pickup!

JohnG
Not too shabby! That's slightly less than I paid for my DeepSea from Neil and looks very similar (other than the sterile dial/case). I like mine a lot. Nice pickup!

Yeah, I think I am going to like it - a bit bigger and......

Austin_Danger_Powers_Mike_Myers-1.jpg

NFleischer

nice- i like the INGEY- THINGEY too. john- do you ever forsee a return to reps

or have you been permanently 'sterilized'?

JohnG
nice- i like the INGEY- THINGEY too. john- do you ever forsee a return to reps

or have you been permanently 'sterilized'?

I see reps in my future - I can't find a sterile 45mm PO, and I don't want "Alpha" on it, so I think I will get a rep, even if it is a quartz chrono - I have read there is a really nice one and out there in the boonies I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear a quartz rep. OR I might get a 21j non-chrono....

There are a few watches out there that I can't find sterile versions of and that I am sure I will end up getting reps of.

doctorron

I like it. I always kind of keep an eye open for these nice sterile watches. I always wanted a Breitling-style sterile dial.

Member X

Nice nice nice, I've been watching these for while on ebay!

Will look forward to picks and a review when it arrives :facepalm::D

dingle

giveaway watch#2?.....:thumbsup:

JohnG

Just got home from Marbella - the sterile SDDS homage was waiting for me - here are some pics. The watch is very nicely finished, 21j, single piece caseback, non-glidelock clasp, polished center links, weak green lume. So this is a sterile version of the early SDDS reps. But for the money, it is a NICE watch, and since it is a sterile homage, WHO CARES if it is not totally faithful to the SDDS.

Anyway, here are the pics (sorry about the crappy pics, the GF is in Madrid with the good camera)...

Enjoy!

Imagen068.jpg

Imagen071.jpg

Imagen067.jpg

Imagen051.jpg

Imagen053.jpg

Imagen058.jpg

Imagen059.jpg

Imagen060.jpg

greg_r

Looks great for the dough, mate - I suspect that's basically the same as my TTK DSSD apart from the branding (and that's a seriously nice watch despite a few obvious limitations).

I'm still not sure about sterile Rollie homages though - those dials look a bit, well, naked without the branding on them...

JohnG
I'm still not sure about sterile Rollie homages though - those dials look a bit, well, naked without the branding on them...

I am thinking of putting THIS on the dial, whatchya think?

playboy_logo_sex.jpg

greg_r

playboy_logo_sex.jpg

Classy.

:Whistle:

trailboss99

Nice. I wonder if he has a bulk priceing scheme?

It's crying out for a custom branding, Timetec to be precise.

Col.

Member X

Cool, looks good. If it's as quality as the explorer II homage I got the other day, I need to get one of these!

Do you reckon it'd be possible to do an ETA transplant to get the smooth sweep? I hought it might be as they're sold as reps with them in!.

ebay has been far too quiet with CNY, I fear for my plastic when they start relisting soon lol

JohnG
Cool, looks good. If it's as quality as the explorer II homage I got the other day, I need to get one of these!

Do you reckon it'd be possible to do an ETA transplant to get the smooth sweep? I hought it might be as they're sold as reps with them in!.

ebay has been far too quiet with CNY, I fear for my plastic when they start relisting soon lol

I am sure you could transplant an ETA - just need different hands as far as I know...

No kidding about CNY, I keep checking to see if anything is listed yet.... lingling, parnistime, etc...

trailboss99

I think the MVT holder ring needs to be changed too. If yu can find one, should be plain sailing.

Col.

Member X

Sweet ;)

dingle

playboy_logo_sex.jpg

this gets my vote. :(