Sign in to follow this  
bruno7

Hi to everyone and 111 help, please! :-)

bruno7

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum which I stumbled upon four days ago.

And I'm ready to take some actions here. :-)

I had owned original PAM 111 for 5 years until I had to sell it last year due to bad financial family situation. What a sad day it was...

Anyway, I thought and thought and thought and decided to get 111 here. Was thinking about different watch but this one is a classic. And since I've kept about 10 straps I've collected through the years I wanna put them to use once again.

So, I've already found that Noob Factory 111 M V3 series is supposed to be the best rep around, is that right?

And I will probably buy from Timeshops.

Tell me I'm doing everything right, please. ;-)

Just want to ask about the movement precision - is it gaining or loosing like a minute a day? Or is it more precise? It does not bother me even if it looses 2 minutes/day, I'm just curious and wanna know what to expect.

And also - where to get a regular sized buckle and a that Panerai screwdriver for changing straps?

To be honest I couldn't believe my eyes after I checked some of your pictures here. Even after owning the original 111 for so long I'd have a very hard time to tell the rep from the gen. Hard to believe how good and true to originals these reps can be.

So please tell me if I picked the right version for 111 and the right seller, that's all I need to know for now. :-)

Thank you very much for help.

David

Edited by bruno7

Luthier

Dave, the best answer on all your questions is in reading our threads for a week or two. Read about movements, 111s in Panerai section, dealers feedbacks, etc.,etc.,etc.

Nobody will do your homework.

Read, and gain knowledge.

Good luck!

DannyBoy818

Go to our TD's. Most offer the Pam 111 v3. It is one of the best rep panerai's out there. I prefer to shop with TORO due to the fact I had a great experience with him. Either or you cant go wrong if you buy a Pam 111 Noob V3 from any of our TRUSTED DEALERS.

Tits McGee

As long as you stick to one of our trusted dealers, you're picking the right dealer, although Toro Bravo has the same watch for $20.00 less: http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_122&product_id=87.

Shoot Watchinternational (Mary) an email too. I would only use those 2 for any watch over $150. That's just my personal opinion & Timeshops is a great dealer.

The V3 is advertised as the best version to date. The 111 & 005 are some of the best reps out there & have made some mighty good reps prior to the V3. I don't think you'll find many of these reps losing 2 minutes a day. Mine have all been VERY accurate. Good luck.

houndoggie

Toro bravo or watch international. TS is not the best source for the noob 111. It's quality will blow your socks off. It's that good.

10:10 Watch Repair

If you buy from a TD, you will get a regulated watch that is 99% of gen.

Part of what you pay for with a gen is a proper assembly and service which will insure it runs more reliably and accurately. If you buy a rep and want it to be reliable and accurate, you should consider servicing. If you don't care about even a couple of minutes a day, you're probably OK out of the box, and you might even do better.

bruno7

Thank you very much for all the info.

I've actually done my homework studying this forum for three days or so, all the related posts and TD section as well.

I just wanted to make sure that I will buy the best possible rep from the best possible dealer.

And I will finally be getting my 111 from Toro Bravo as you guys suggested. He's got more expensive shipping but still cheaper that dealing with customs here. ;-)

Thank you once again, you've been of great help!

David

Edited by bruno7

myaz

The 111 is one of the most slam dunk, can't go wrong, cha-ching reps you can get.

Don't sweat the screwdriver. I use one of these that came in an assorted set that you can get anywhere on the internet or at a flea market.

If your watch is not within +- 1-2/minutes per day, that can be adjusted but how you store and wear the watch results in small daily fluctuations.

Balad1

Thank you very much for all the info.

I've actually done my homework studying this forum for three days or so, all the related posts and TD section as well.

I just wanted to make sure that I will buy the best possible rep from the best possible dealer.

And I will finally be getting my 111 from Toro Bravo as you guys suggested. He's got more expensive shipping but still cheaper that dealing with customs here. ;-)

Thank you once again, you've been of great help!

David

Wise choice Bro.

hnic

welcome

great choice

enjoy

diplosa

Can't go wrong with 111. You will love it.

If not, I'll buy it from you ;)

1littlegreen

Toro bravo or watch international. TS is not the best source for the noob 111. It's quality will blow your socks off. It's that good.

Toro........Toro.......Toro

ad6904

Stay away from TS.

Toro is an excellent choice

diegosaenz

Any Pam 111 v3 will be fantastic and will fit all of your straps!

jeffw69

111 just boring as fuck though.

Electron17

Welcome to RWG, I was looking at a PAM 111 V3 and found that Mary at WI was about the best deal.

Have fun choosing,

Regards,

Jan

Member X

Hater ;)

FWIW, I wound up my 112, 247 and 177 all at the same time. All manage 58 hours power reserve or so, and all were within 20 seconds of each other after 2 days (although clearly it's difficult to tell with the 112 ;))

YoungGPS
animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

bruno7

To Displosa: I know I'll love it, I've had the original for 5 years :-)

Anyway, just bought it from Toro and should have it in 10 days or so.

Cannot wait, really. I just realized how much I missed the watch since I sold it...

Thank you all for a great welcome and all your help.

I'll keep you posted.

David

Member X

Excellent, post some pictures when it arrives!

ad6904

In comparison to that AP DR of yours.....

mostling

To Displosa: I know I'll love it, I've had the original for 5 years :-)

Anyway, just bought it from Toro and should have it in 10 days or so.

Cannot wait, really. I just realized how much I missed the watch since I sold it...

Thank you all for a great welcome and all your help.

I'll keep you posted.

David

Nice! Post pics and specially your opinions on the rep compared to gen once you receive it.