Sign in to follow this  
KBH

New project - vintage watchbox UPDATED!

KBH

I was given a old mahogany silverware box (actually, my wife wanted it until she saw what shape it was in). I ripped the guts out and refinished it, recovered the inside and made a nice little insert set out of mahogany strips. Now I need to find a brass OP label and if anybody's got an old Panerai crown guard that's worthless, I could make a little handle for the front.

DSCN3905.jpg

DSCN3906.jpg

DSCN3912.jpg

DSCN3913.jpg

DSCN3907.jpg

Think I can find a Pam freak over on Rep Geek to sell it to?

Updated with new pix

DSCN3928.jpg

DSCN3925.jpg

dingle
I was given a old mahogany silverware box (actually, my wife wanted it until she saw what shape it was in). I ripped the guts out and refinished it, recovered the inside and made a nice little insert set out of mahogany strips. Now I need to find a brass OP label and if anybody's got an old Panerai crown guard that's worthless, I could make a little handle for the front.

yes you could....I am interested KBH..........send me a PM with the dollar amount if your serious. :)

....:Whistle:

greg_r

That's beautiful....

KBH: I've got a spare Fiddy CG you can have if you want it - just PM me...

trailboss99

Very nice indeed KBH. Lovly hunk of timber it turned out to be.

DB: Don't quote freakin' pics! :Whistle:

Col.

KinCaidk

nice project, B...

¨

It's gonna look cool with Greg's crown guard.

doctorron

Looks great. I made a brietling box in similar fashion. Watches didn't fit well though. Yours looks better and more accomadating.

howasong

Very nice indeed. :Whistle:

KBH
That's beautiful....

Thanks a bunch. PM coming your way.

KBH

yes you could....I am interested KBH..........send me a PM with the dollar amount if your serious. :)

.... :Whistle:

Damn DB, you got one Pam. What do need it for? Planning on a spending spree?

I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to let it go. I'm really wanting a brass/bronze plat for it.

dingle

.... :)

Damn DB, you got one Pam. What do need it for? Planning on a spending spree?

I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to let it go. I'm really wanting a brass/bronze plat for it.

this box will give me incentive to get more :Whistle:.......plus I have a bunch of "beaters" that could fill the void till then.:)

Fiddo

Looks very nice!!

*Runs off to turn the silverware box into a watch box.....she won't mind.* :):Whistle:

PCSAM
That's beautiful....

mate im looking fora fiddy cg .the one i have has deep scratches on it .............. could i have yours and ill send Greg mine so he can mount it on his box..........

greg_r

whoops - sorry PCSAM, I didn't see your post earlier and I've already mailed that one off to KBH.

Jackson Tse sells 'em for $11 each, though.

KBH

bump for an update!

sconehead

Looking good KB...any chance of turning this into a sideline? I think there would be plenty of potential buyers out there...:D

KBH
Looking good KB...any chance of turning this into a sideline? I think there would be plenty of potential buyers out there... :popcorn:

Too much trouble scouting up old boxes.

I'm going to need a sideline the way the stock market's going this week. I've already lost the equivalent of a gen Submariner in the last 2 days. Seems like 1/2 of Europe is going in the shitter and taking the market down with it.

sconehead
Looking good KB...any chance of turning this into a sideline? I think there would be plenty of potential buyers out there... ;)

Too much trouble scouting up old boxes.

I'm going to need a sideline the way the stock market's going this week. I've already lost the equivalent of a gen Submariner in the last 2 days. Seems like 1/2 of Europe is going in the shitter and taking the market down with it.

Damn Europeans...:popcorn:

Luckily I have all my spare funds invested in watches...:)

oscarmadfish

thats very nice indeed KBH

greg_r

Look seriously nice, KBH... :popcorn:

dingle

mine, mine, mine.......:)

thanks KBH.........:yoda:

KBH

It's on the way DB. Even made you a removal insert for 12 watches when your collection gets bigger.

DSCN3935.jpg

dingle
:) :yoda: :rofl:

dingle

got my watch box Saturday....:woo:..... A huge "thank you" to KBH. This thing is top notch!.....:)

greg_r

Beautiful piece of work. Lucky you are, dingle :)