Sign in to follow this  
John1954

Why such a difference in price??

John1954

I have a question... I have ordered watches from both Silix (Michelle) and Watch International (Rochest) in the past and now want a TT Black face Submariner w/swiss movement with a ceramic bezel and have gotten two very different prices, Michelle (Silix) has quoted me $258.00 and Watch International (Rochest) has quoted me $338.00 plus 5% paypal fee...no fee from Silix. I want to get the best model available and would like some input from the membership. I have the same watch from Silix that I ordered some time ago and I was very happy. I want a new one for a Christmas present and want it to be the best model available. Why such a difference in price for the same type of watch?? Is it just because they are different dealers or are the watches they sell are so different?? Which dealer sells the BEST model??

Thanks for the help

John

Edited by John1954

James.

Most of the time it's the same watch from the same place. Sometimes not, but sometimes it is.

Indigo38

Why such a difference in price for the same type of watch??

Most of the time it's the same watch from the same place. Sometimes not, but sometimes it is.

I think the question still stands: why are there such price discrepancies between dealers?

MW1

Why such a difference in price for the same type of watch??

I think the question still stands: why are there such price discrepancies between dealers?

At WI there is Mary AND Rochest, so a higher price maybe so they both get a decent cut? Just a thought.

Cyril_Clunge

Maybe I've just been lucky but Mary has always charged me the same or less than other dealers prices. Can't believe she's charging $80 more than Michelle for the same watch.

sequoia

I would ask WI if both watches are the same. They may match the lower price.

goodgood

I think the difference is in the movement. Probably that Mary/Rochest charges for true Swiss eta (probably quoted by factory + their profit) while Michelle charges for eta as well but Chinese 2836, If you go to WI Special price watches section, you will find the same watch with Chinese ETA for $183. Maybe if you go back to Michelle and SPECIFICALLY request that the movement be Swiss, not Chinese, you might get a different quote. Again, this is just my guess...just trying to make sense...

digger2

Looks like the normal price difference for Asian clone and Swiss to me, 258 seems very cheap for Swiss.

jeffw69

Maybe it's not the same watch.

Kwt

Maybe Toro would hate me spreading it around but when I asked him to get me a watch, he gave me a price. I then sent him a link to the forum to WI's special price watches and he match it without question.

Great service.

Edited by Kwt

conx

So the question basically is "Who has the best sub" ?

dutchie

I also payed 338 @ wi, for swiss eta. But @ toro its also 338.

Edited by dutchie

Abagnale

do you really believe, those guys give away watches with gen eta movements for $258? do you believe in santa claus?

jus'sayin

cheers

Cynikal.Mindset

do you really believe, those guys give away watches with gen eta movements for $258? do you believe in santa claus?

jus'sayin

cheers

are you trying to tell me Santa aint real?????

:santa:

Dr Yan

Santa's real alright ......

Real expensive :)

goodgood

There is almost no discrepancy in price if you put Swiss ETA as your option with Michelle. You were comparing apples with oranges...