Sign in to follow this  
Snowglobe

Help! Searching for Breitling SOH...

Snowglobe

Hello! I am a newbie and need advice. I have previously purchased a Breitling Navitimer from Amatory Store. I know they are not really recommended on here but it was a good replica and reasonably priced. It is still going strong 2 yrs on.

I am now looking for a Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronograph with a Bronze face and mesh strap. They have this model on Amatory store but is not a terribly good copy and is quartz movement which I don't think is authentic? I have contacted all the recommended dealers however and although they have much better replicas of this watch (at much higher prices!) they only have this model with the rubber strap. I have asked about alternative straps but don't seem to be getting anywhere. One dealer told me "Bracelet is not advisable cos the current bracelet does not have removable links."

Does anyone know where I can get the model with the mesh strap option or how difficult it would be to get it fitted retrospectively?

I want to get this for my hubby for Xmas and am fast running out of time...

Member X

Welcome :)

Avoid Amatory - they will overcharge you or send you a not very good quality watch.

Can you post pictures of the watch you already have? :)

How much are the Trusted Dealers quoting for the versions they can get? As it is the chrono model the movement is quite expensive, even the Asian copy version (the 7750), so I would expect it to be $300+, but the workings of the movement will be authentic to gen, and they are generally copied very well and are good quality. The non-chrono is one of the best reps out there :) but sadly discontinued :(

The Rep mesh straps are one-size only (gorilla size, 8" wrist or bigger!) so you are best to order a non-branded mesh off goodcheapman or seikoprince on ebay. They are around £40 and excellent quality.

Snowglobe

Hi Member X, many thanks for the reply. I must be honest, I only have a positive experience with Amatory store but in this case I don't think their copy is up to scratch (the dials are not right and it's not automatic) it is $200 however, compared to $350+ elsewhere. I do accept that this is because they are better quality.

Thanks for the info on the strap - a dealer has also just told me that it cannot be adjusted. I assume the ones on eBay can? Are they easy to fit - could it be done at home for example?

Thanks again.

YoungGPS

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Enjoy the hunt!

Luthier

$200 for a quartz??? Your "positive" experience is positive only, because you don't know anything about watches, I guess. Post the pictures of the watch you bought from them, and we'll see.

About mesh - some of them could be easily adjusted at home, so, no worries, just don't forget - you need 24mm size for SOH.

Member X

You need to experience some of the 'proper' quality reps from the Trusted Dealers to appreciate that your Amatory Store rep is probably not that great compared to them ;)

The meshes off ebay are easily adjustable using a pin pusher and spring bar compressor tool, or you should be able to find a local independant watchsmith (i.e. not a store in a chain of shops) who can do it for you.

canakris

I believe puretime has some listed, although not a TD here

onionbag

Stay away from the rep mesh on this watch................it's a POS. Buy on rubber, and add a Staib mesh.