Sign in to follow this  
ChicagoPaul

Newbie Needs a Recommendation!

ChicagoPaul

I am completely new to this forum but so glad I stumbled upon it! I'm looking for a recommendation on the best rep to start with. Here are my initial comments and please let me know any recommendations you have!

1. I work in and am now starting to mingle in an industry where people own handfuls of gens without a problem so quality is important. Personally, internal movement is important to me as I want something to last for a while and be accurate. I want to start building a collection so I want something I can have for a while.

2. I have very small wrists! I know this may sound stupid, but I'm concerned about a standard linked band. I have a couple watches with them but they're very hit or miss and I've always tried on link bands in person to see if it will fit my wrist.

I'm drawn to the subs BK has listed as his quality seems impeccable. I don't want anything overly large and flashy but I definitely want it to be noticed.

Sorry for the very vague post but any recommendations or favorites from the veterans on here will be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Luthier

Everyone have their own preferences, you better read our threads, dealers feedbacks, look at listed watches in trusted dealers sections, and choose your watch.

ChicagoPaul

Haha Thanks! And to quickly introduce myself, my name is Paul. I'm in the real estate industry in Chicago. My obsession for watches and clothes took a somber back seat during the recession but I'm starting to get the itch to start a collection back up now. Thanks in advance for all the advice and thank you to the site. I've found everything on here very useful!

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

No bracelet and a watch that's impressive yet close to gen...........got to be a Panerai, maybe a 111?

6843036509_2f9795104b_z.jpg

PAM 111 Beginners Version from Torobravo by Chisholm Maggs, on Flickr

jeffw69

Hey.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Dr. Jimmy

AP Royal Oak Jumbo

15202.jpg

"Ultimate" PP Nautilus

imag0227l.jpg

IWC Portofino

imag0028jb.jpg

Montblanc TimeWalker

imag0050uo.jpg

Vintage Rolex 6263

p8300212.jpg

Rolex 116300