Sign in to follow this  
T222

"Engine" trouble in my new Ferrari.....

T222

Panerai Ferrari 004 from Silix (great dealer!)

Asia 7750 chrono 21600bph movement

The problem is.....

When the watch is sitting still, I can adjust the watch to keep time quite good, but when I wear it (and ofcourse move me wrist), the watch speeds up, and gains from 15 - 45 sec pr hour!

What could be wrong?

Michelle is also looking into this problem, and I hope to hear from her soon. :-)

Cheers,

Steffen. :-)

gtwc

If Jeff were wearing the watch, I would suggest the problem was caused by an addiction

to prolonged bouts of fast 'n' furious masturbation, and would recommend either a) using

the other hand or b) swapping the watch over to the other wrist.

Since you are not Jeff, I regret that I cannot be of any help whatsoever, save to say that

'trust in Michelle / Sillix' to do right by you.

Hope it all gets sorted.

scorpion

There used to be a member here called Mike who could fix watches and after he screwed load of members ones up he moved on to fixing Ferrari's...bet he could NOT help but be glad he is not here or he would be promising you all sorts of things!

Someone here might be able to suggest a fix but I would wait for Silix they are a good dealer and will sort something out. Good Luck

Luthier

I better stay silent.

Balad1

If Jeff were wearing the watch, I would suggest the problem was caused by an addiction

to prolonged bouts of fast 'n' furious masturbation, and would recommend either a) using

Since you are not Jeff, I regret that I cannot be of any help whatsoever, save to say that

Hope it all gets sorted.

Why does everyone pick on my Buddy Jeff?

Luthier

I didn't.

scorpion

Hope it all gets sorted.

Why does everyone pick on my Buddy Jeff?

Were you not buddies with Mike as well?

popcorn%20spongebob.gif

Edited by scorpion

T222
There used to be a member here called Mike who could fix watches and after he screwed load of members ones up he moved on to fixing Ferrari's...bet he could NOT help but be glad he is not here or he would be promising you all sorts of things!

Someone here might be able to suggest a fix but I would wait for Silix they are a good dealer and will sort something out. Good Luck

Well I actually work with Ferrari's along with other cars, so mayby I should take my watch with me to work some day. :-)

Check this: (under service)

http://www.classicsportscar.dk/

Cheers,

Steffen.

T222

This Ferrari watch really likes to do high revs. ;-)

Over night it lost around 90 sec. - but then I toke it on (without adjusting the time), and now after one hour it's going 45 sec to fast!

WROOOM.......!

Has enyone heard of this sort of problem? (and know how to fix it)

James.

May be magnetized? If it's only being effected at certain angles. Or maybe a shoddy ruby? I dunno, 10:10 should be along soon and solve the mystery.

T222

Thanks.....

I hope 10:10 has some answers, before my Ferrari starts to smoke. ;-)

NFleischer

I would guess that 10:10 may add that the hair spring is buggered up.

Luthier

Chris will be back on Monday.

T222

I have tested and adjusted my Ferrari, and now it runs fine if it's not on my wrist, -

but as sone as i wear it, it revs into the red field and gains a lot of time fast! ;-)

Eny idears of what could be wrong?

Enyone.....?

Michelle will fix it if I send it back to her, but if I could source the problem and get it fixed

myself, I would prefer that.

Cheers

Cynikal.Mindset

just let it burn like all other Ferraris...or send it back on the long journey to china or even send it to a modder/watchsmith from the forum to repair and work out a credit from silix on next purchase

T222

Just a little followup on my fast Ferrari.....

I had a local watchsmith take a look at my watch today.

Problem:

The "clutch" that makes the movement keep the same beating rate at all time (when not winded much, and fully winded) is very bad!

As sone as he handwind the watch, it speeds up. This is also the case when I wear it.

He said that is a typical problem with cheap asian movements, and that it is not easy to fix. (he would not fix it for me ;-)

He also said that the problem could be less over time, when the "clutch" wear the material it is positioned in. ?? Does this make sense?

I absolutely love this watch (it's the best looking rep I have), so mayby I should let Wiz replace the movement?

I could also get another sample from Michelle, and cross my fingers for a better movement.....?

What would you do?

Cheers :-)

Luthier

I guess it's modified A7750, where transferring gears employed without jewels, just metal on metal.

Post the pictures!!!

T222

I will post some pictures later..... (mayby)

I made a little test on my Ferrari.....

I toke the back of the watch and tapet the rotor, so it can't wind the movement.

Now, even when I wear the watch it keeps perfect time. So it must be the "clutch" thing that's the problem.

Cheers.