Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian123

Import tax/VAT for deliveries to UK ?

Norwegian123

Hi, I just joined and have a very basic question. Except for the risk of deliveries ordered from China being confiscated by UK customs, are there any other issues I should be aware of ? Getting a invoice for import tax, VAT, etc. ?

Rgs. Tom

PetshaFey

If you are lucky, you don't.

this is discussed in other topics, use the search bar on the top right to search and you shall find the answer. If not an english bloke willing to help will find this sooner or later

onionbag

There have been instances of duty being payable, but usually on items from the USA. I have never heard of any being due on reps from China..................but maybe others know different?

greg_r

It's extremely rare that you'll get hit with tax or duty when importing a rep into the UK from China.

The only problems are seizures - the UK has generally been one of the most lax when it comes to replica goods, but we've had our occasional problems - most notably through last summer. Things seem to have settled down again now, so reps are again coming in without major difficulties.

Loonie

If customs open your package, they will seize it, not charge duty & vat!

:tea:

Norwegian123

Great forum, thanks for quick replays. I have already ordered one watch from one TD and received it via EMS.

I'm impressed with the quality and are already in the process of ordering several others (feel like a kid in a candy store), just wanted to check that there are no risk for negative surprise in the mail after delivery. I live in another country with stricter costumes, so using a friends address in UK as delivery address.

YoungGPS

animated_gif_3d_028.gif

and

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

may you have more watches to come.

dalboy

Great forum, thanks for quick replays. I have already ordered one watch from one TD and received it via EMS.

I'm impressed with the quality and are already in the process of ordering several others (feel like a kid in a candy store), just wanted to check that there are no risk for negative surprise in the mail after delivery. I live in another country with stricter costumes, so using a friends address in UK as delivery address.

Welcome to the forum...

No pics !! it didn't happen... :ttiwwop: :ttiwwop:

Dal........

GianDiComo

from UK you do not have any duty ... Anyway to avoid any problem better to use a very fast courrier like fedex , with shipment from HK directly to your country. They must deliver within 24 Hours (this is the service you pay) and they have preferential ways in customs ... controls are very fast and if you do not ship a lot , 99% your pakage will arrive without problems. ship with a proforma invoice with no commercial value , and it will take only between 28/35 €uro for duties.