Sign in to follow this  
Olavkige

Greatings from Norway

Olavkige

Hi everyone :)

I have been reading a lot since I found this magnificent forum and thought it was time to say hello. Personally I have always enjoyed looking at nice mechanical watches, but never had one myself. I see now that it is possible to buy one - and maybe a couple more :D

After reading quite a bit, I understand that I dont know anything - but I'll keep reading and reading and hopefully also write a couple of reviews to bring something back to you guys that keeps this forum alive! I have of course ordered all the free catalogs and also got a few in the mail already :)

I think I will buy my first watch(es) from Rochest or Mary at WatchInternational. What I really want is a good looking Tag Heuer Calibre 16 day date Silver Dial that is more or less a copy of the Gen. I think I'd like a ETA movement, but I'm not sure about that - please give me a quick feedback choosing a ETA 28800 VS a7750.

I also want a more "classy" watch and I MUST get this one: Jaeger LeCoultre Master geographic in RG. (I want this one that Philippe has).

For my wonderful girlfriend, I want to buy one of these. I think quartz are perfect for her.

I see that there are quite some scandinavian people here. Do you have any comments regarding shipping to Norway vs customs etc ?

Wooh. That was a long first post. Anyway, I'm happy to be here.

-Olavkige

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

dalboy

Welcome..

Great first post mate...!!..

Enjoy the forum

Dal........

dms

Hei Norge! Enjoy the repscene and forum.

About the difference in the ETA 28.800 vs an A7750. It depends on what ETA movement, the 28.800 is only a reference tot the bph (beats per hour) of the movement. The a7750 (asian 7750 movement) is a movement that will provide a sweeping second hand an most of the time a datewheel. There is a lot of discussion about the 7750 and it's lifetime. I have a Pam 186 with one, and it works great for a few years now. Servicing a movement like the 7750 is not a bad option.

Again, enjoy!

onzenuub

Greatings from The Netherlands, let's get a beer at Irish Pub in Bergen. :P

Luthier

After reading quite a bit, I understand that I dont know anything

This is the most honest words from noob I've read in a years time.

:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard, Olav, don't stop reading, and start buying. You chose great watch and the great dealer.

Pihlippe

Velkommen skal du være.

Ikke dårlig å få thumbs up av Luthier :lol:

Han kommer sikkert til å hive seg over google oversetter nå. :lmao:

Welcome to the madhouse Olavkige

<RJ>

Hej!

Welcome! And the love for mechanical movements are shared by most of us here :wub:

Olavkige

Hi and thanx everyone :) Speaking of choosing the right movement, I think its just to stick to the recommendations from the TDs in the beginning and start to get som experience.

Pihlippe

Hi and thanx everyone :) Speaking of choosing the right movement, I think its just to stick to the recommendations from the TDs in the beginning and start to get som experience.

Wise you are mate :)

hnic

welcome

good to see you started to read and learn

continue and enjoy your new (expensive) hobby

solkryssare

A wise Norwegian! What will they come up with next!?

Just kidding mate :lol: I've got me some lovely family in Oslo and some great mates over there to go with.

For shipping to Norway I would recommend the UK transshipping option. Customs in our part of the world can be a bit mean and greedy.

Wristel

welclome fellow scandinavian!

PetshaFey

Welcome

dynne

Velkommen, Olav!

Har aldri hatt problemer med tollen. Har kjøpt ca 15 klokker siden februar.(!) No transshipping via UK needed.

Enjoy this place and keep searching and reading. Enormous amount of knowledge on this board.

Email a TD with your requests and you'll be in good hands.

Take care.