Sign in to follow this  
vvilly69

Oh no......what have I started now!

vvilly69

Hi all

Just joined this afternoon and in the UK, just wanted to say hi to all........

I'm a little worried already what I might be getting myself into here, have a feeling i'm going to have to try and control myself.........and my money.

I used to have a fantastic Yachtmaster rep (I thought it was great anyway), but it got taken in a burglary unfortunately. I've been mourning it for a good 10 years now, so after a quick look round the site the other day, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a replacement as a treat. I had a look at the trusted dealers and opted to go with Timeshops in the end, what with it suggesting it was good for Noobs and that, I did like their photos too.

Don't know if I've made a good choice or not or even whether it's a good price at $258? I just wanted the one that looked and sounded most like my original one. If anyone wants to put my mind at rest or just have a laugh at my expense, please feel free, I won't be offended.

I won't post a direct link, just in case it's not allowed, but the model was:

RO2870C - Rolex Yacht-Master Gold Dial SS/SS 43MM - Asian 2836

Anyways, look forward to spending more money and getting involved in the forum a bit I guess.

mrgrumblz

onzenuub

All your money are belonged to the trusted dealers :P

Welcome.

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :)

jacobarch

Hurry up and buy. All factories will be closed soon!!!!! :death:

vvilly69

Is that a temporary thing, hope so or I'm a little late starting :-(

Lokin

You're in the clear, that's a pretty clear rep.

Kwt

Interested to see what you think of the watch (although it might be a while before you get it) - I am thinking about this as my next rep. Quite interesting to say you like your rep of 10 years ago considering I would imagine rep making has changed a lot in 10 years.....or maybe it hasn't lol.

hnic

welcome

looks great

i like the ym

no experience with timeshop myself but theyre td's for a reason

enjoy

arancini

Welcome mate.

Your reservations may prove right.

Once you get into this hobby, it's like looking down a bottomless pit, with your wallet nowhere in sight. :giggle:

Edited by arancini

PeterPotamus

Very nice one... as a newbie myself I share the same expectations... I fear for my money... Just started with a 111n (noob v3), enjoy your new watch and hobby

PetshaFey

Welcome to the paradise city, where the drug tell time and the girls are no where to be found....

Well there are girls her somewhere, at least that is what the legend says.

Took your 1 years before getting a new rep, amah with that discipline you might be able to resist the temptation of spending it all on watches!

edwinowl

Welcome mate. Don't think you'll be disappointed , come with an open mind though and look around. Some great pics to be seen on the weekly wrist checks.

YoungGPS
animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

vvilly69

Thanks for all the positive comments, not feeling too worried about my purchase and i'm old enough not to be too impatient waiting for it to arrive....(sort of!)

I'll definitely have a go at taking some photos of it, when it arrives and give an idea of how the transaction went. Apparently it's been despatched already, so in the hands of the postmen now.

Always been mad on watches, first big purchase was at 16, saved up £600 (first 3 months of having a job) and popped into watches of switzerland in Cambridge to buy myself a GucciI with 12 diamonds around the face (it was the 80's mind, to judge me too harshly!!)

Have a reasonable collection of watches already, no replicas in the collection at present though.

Favourite is my Rado Diastar Original, imported it from Switzerland through Ernest Jones a few years ago, lot of watch for the money imo

It has a beautiful faceted crystal and scratchproof case, tungsten i believe.

A few Seikos....

Couple of Monsters, of which I have two, one black and one orange faced, good heavy watches.

Perpetual calendar, actually cost more than the Rado originally!

I've always been a sucker for Swatch Irony Chronos too, only the aluminium ones though, so I have 4 of them.

Always room for more though!

I need to have a snoop around at what everyone else has or wants now...........