Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Parnis PVD U-Boat Homage

Member X

Well, after winning the Goer watch in the 1st Birthday giveaways, I thought that "yeah, I quite like the U-boat style, and it's not as big as I thought! I think I'll go for one of those Parnis Homages on ebay...".

So, couple of weeks ago I managed to bag a PVD version with black dial and white hands off ebay for, iirc, around £30 :fishing:

When it arrived, I was in for a surprise...

... it's fooking MASSIVE LoL :thumbsup:

WAY bigger than I thought it was going to be! I'm not sure I can get away with it!!

See what you think anyway :D

Usual Asian 6497 handwind but rotated to make a leftie version. Winding action isn't as solid as some of my other Parnises (Parnii?) but the case could survive a nuclear bomb lol Edges on it are a bit sharp tbh :) but there's not much I can do about them as filing them will take off the PVD... Although I've already taken a couple of bits out of the edge thanks to smacking it into a doorhandle :rolleyes: lol If I can bag a plain SS version then I'll file the edges on that one. Strap isn't terrible - bit thin but, from the looks of it, so is the gen. It does actually feel like leather and not plastic, which is good! Needs an extra hole for my weedy 6.75" / 17cm wrists so will sort out a punch and get punching... Although I have thought that it would look great on a fat gasgasbones custom velcro :Whistle:

So, enough jibba jabba; on with the pics!

dscf3015x.jpg

dscf3016u.jpg

dscf3017u.jpg

dscf3018t.jpg

dscf3013d.jpg

dscf3026r.jpg

dscf3020g.jpg

dscf3025r.jpg

It's a beast lol I do love it but it hurts me due to the edges! I'd recommend it but in SS only so you can actually file the edges!

On another plus point, I also received a new watch box through the post the day after :beer2:

dscf3029w.jpg

Dulwich Designs leather and glass (I think) two watch box. Different to my six watch box style but ideally sized for taking watches away for the weekend :)

dscf3028r.jpg

I'm very pleased with it - not bad for £13 including postage! :D

dingle

big black parnis....:thumbsup:

the watch box is nice. :)

greg_r

oooooo what a big Parnis....! :)

.... oh damn, I sound like Kinky now :thumbsup:

KinCaidk

Once you black.............

oscarmadfish

notice member x has his zip undone on one of the pics ? was he planning to show us his x member :thumbsup:

dingle
notice member x has his zip undone on one of the pics ? was he planning to show us his x member :lol:

:)----great spot!

trailboss99

I just wanna know why he takes his watch pics in the bathroom.

Nice big watch tho.

Col.

PCSAM
I just wanna know why he takes his watch pics in the bathroom.

Nice big watch tho.

Col.

he is just showing off his straight as fuck grouting ...................... :lol:

Member X

LOL

I only spotted that once I'd uploaded them :lol:

I was halfway through getting changed for bed and figured that I should take the photos there and then as I wouldn't have time in the morning, and the missus moans if I take too long, so having got dressed again getting zipped up must have slipped my mind :)

Although I'm not going to ask why you're staring at my crotch ;)

Oh, and why the bathroom? Because it's all white and has the best light when it's dark outside - I cba to set the tripod up in another room lol so just rest it on the surface!

owlpellet

youre fly is undone man, dont bring out the parnis!

LOL

I only spotted that once I'd uploaded them :lol:

I was halfway through getting changed for bed and figured that I should take the photos there and then as I wouldn't have time in the morning, and the missus moans if I take too long, so having got dressed again getting zipped up must have slipped my mind :)

Although I'm not going to ask why you're staring at my crotch ;)

Oh, and why the bathroom? Because it's all white and has the best light when it's dark outside - I cba to set the tripod up in another room lol so just rest it on the surface!

Member X

LoL

Very good :)

And I thought you all wanted to see my Parnis ;):lol:

dingle
LoL

Very good ;)

And I thought you all wanted to see my Parnis :D:lol:

white dude with black parnis..........:)