Sign in to follow this  
bennykwa

bennykwa

Vague , I can't agree. I learnt everything from the tutorials here and HF , there quite descriptive and informative. If you take the time there's a lot of great info, and you should be able to create exactly what you want... Like everything patience is key. Good luck :)

Yeah...I need to work on that patience thing....but i definitely have enough to read now during the downtime now. ))

J.Eric

Good tip with the soy sauce. I just bought "realistic rust" from Dr. Ben's on the bay-it's made for model trains, but i thought it would do great on the watch face. Learning by doing. ) earl grey tea anyone?

Did you bake it? or just brush it on?

I used a tooth pick. Drop by drop. it took about 5 coats. I did seal it with clear picture varnish after it dried.

Dr Yan

I dip chicken balls in Soy sauce.

J.Eric

I dip chicken balls in Soy sauce.

:lmao2:

diplosa
Drop this idea. You'll spend enormous amount of your time and money, and nobody, ever, will notice the difference.

But if you are so crazy about vandalizing your watches - just dunk one into toilet bowl for a month, will look good.

:D

Aaahahahahahahaha! Nice one!

Bob Reed

This is doable. Take your time, read all you can and start slow. Know you will break some stuff it is all part of the learning process..... I am also determined to learn this.

bennykwa

Edited by bennykwa

Bob Reed
:) you can't ask anymore then I do!

bennykwa

:) you can't ask anymore then I do!

well then here we go...I have been looking for a bronze case. I love the look of these, but i can't find them anywhere. Any ideas?

bennykwa

Thanks!! I did the work myself. When I bought the dials, they had 'some' defects and the worst lume i have ever seen.

the first one was spayed 'oil rubbed bronze' and the second is gloss black. I aged the indexes and the hands

on the second one with soy sauce of all things.

So, I have been experimenting...and light brown leather dye works great. A tupperware full of rock and screws helps to.