Sign in to follow this  
tbuttery

New Hublot Diver 4000m

bpdd

That thing is reallllly massive!

Breitest24

How does the rubber strap fit. This watch was on my short list, went on vacation and tried on the GEN I was surprised that the rubber wobbled while attached to the watch due to the quick release. The sales rep assured me it was normal but kind of a turn off considering it had a 20k asking price. If I didnt know better I was trying on a rep lol.

tbuttery

The rubber strap also wobbles a little bit. It's nothing major and it isn't annoying at all!! The strap fits nice and tight on my 7.2 inch wrist.

HeavyKrush

Wow T, excellent review. Haven't handled the watch but would have assumed there was little to no titanium of any grade. Thanks for setting the record straight, at least on the outer material.

HWG

I can vouch for the size of this watch. It's friggin huge! But, it's also very well built. Keep your eyes peeled fellas.....

HeavyKrush

Ooh... Such a tease H.

HWG
:Whistle: trust me, it's gonna be good. :D

HeavyKrush

Grrr... Thnk I'll post a WTB Hublot 4000 Diver and see what comes up.

HWG

Patience my friend. Trust me. :Whistle:

HeavyKrush

It's a virtue right... I'm not very virtuous I'm afraid.

HWG

I suppose that may be true, but......

I know something you don't know!

Soon, all will be revealed. Oh, and the to OP, sorry for crapping your thread....

HeavyKrush

Yeah Ditto Mr Butter. We're all pins and needles H.

tbuttery

Thanks guys!! It's probably just claded with titanium. But no worries on the thread crapping! I enjoy it! So I'm guessing H is selling one or you have one inbound??

It's probably my second favorite watch ATM.

baruch

Okay so here we go! I used our old PMI Gun at work, still pretty darn reliable. And this is what I got:

5.9% Aluminum

3.9% Vanadium

0.26% Iron

73-75% Titanium!

Now, there were various other random readings that the gun got, as you would imagine because the percentages does not add up to 100%. Some things like Nickle and a little bit of Copper. So this is definitely not Grade 2 as some sites state with their 1:1 case construction. The Gun received absolutely no Palladium which is a key ingredient to the much stronger grades of titanium. (very expensive) Either the gun was reading incorrectly on the random elements or over in china they aren't that good at making titanium! These stray metals will make the titanium less strong, but we aren't diving to 4000m now are we??

I did match the above listed elements with Grade 5 Titanium, which is the most commonly used grade of titanium. Used anywhere from blades, disks, CASES, to forgings.

Also Oxygen is added to titanium at different amounts. The less the better (more pure). This gun couldn't measure that but I think we have one that can get about anything. Might not get that for awhile though.

Anyway, the verdict is....that is seems to be Grade 5! Measured the caseback and bezel. Didn't get the buckle.

It keeps me amazed aboiut what kind of knowledge we have in this wonderfull forum :D

tbuttery

Those guns are pretty awesome!! We have one on order that I'm gonna steal that can measure things even more accurately but won't be able to get it until after the holidays. Should give us a definite answer to the metal type. It will give me the name of the substance also!!

I wish I could test the thickness and uniformity of the metal to see if it is all titanium.

HWG
Thanks guys!! It's probably just claded with titanium. But no worries on the thread crapping! I enjoy it! So I'm guessing H is selling one or you have one inbound??

It's probably my second favorite watch ATM.

No, not selling, but I do have one in my possession. Check the giveaway topic, just posted today!

tbuttery

Okay I see it now! I would keep it for myself, its such a good rep!

Pringles

Have 1 too,

But when i'm wearing it, i always think "where is that watch going with that boy ;)"

locoandroid

T, do u know the thickness of this beauty?

BTW amazing rep you own

enshadow3dch1ld

darn, yours looked so damn good . made me order one x.x

CheeseCake

Got mine from Silix with Swiss ETA 2824-2 25J

http://silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_143&products_id=5065

Can anyone tell me if mine is V2 ?

Any help would be highly apreciated.

Kal-el

i think its a V3

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Great side by side pics........How intimidating for the ROO

My Hublot diver is ordered off the back of this post and is on its way... hopefully.... just gotta get a fab new camera and post......

Are all you guys on photography forums as well.... i´m gobsmacked at the quality of ... some ... of the pics

cnwh

Everytime I look at the pictures I couldn't resist to visit some of the TDs for prices, and them swallow my saliva and stop myself from emailing them!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Everytime I look at the pictures I couldn't resist to visit some of the TDs for prices, and them swallow my saliva and stop myself from emailing them!

Stop swallowing... take a deep breath..... and email them.....

Received mine on Friday..... I could not be more happy..... it is huge..... it looks fantastic..... it has such presence...... it is an amazing rep.....

My pal I was with on the day I first wore it has a gen in his collection.....had more than a glance... and had no idea it was rep.... !!