Sign in to follow this  
ZellerFTW

Thinking of trying a strap on my 328...

ZellerFTW

I am thinking of trying a strap out on my 328, which currently has a SS bracelet.

The rep has the so-called "quick release" lugs. I'm looking to replace this (once I manage to remove the damn things) with the faux screw spring-bars.

Are these what I am looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-MADE-SPRING-BARS-FIT-24MM-STRAP-FOR-PANERAI-44-/310304838640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483f9c13f0

diplosa

And why not talk to the trusted dealers on here who specializes in straps?

Ahh... nevermind, must have misread your post.

part_timer

Those spring bars are ok, I have them on 2 of my Pammy's. :)

Edit* I've not tried them with the SS bracelet, I know there's a bit of play in them with the leather/rubber, not sure how it would be with the SS.

ZellerFTW

Do they work with the SS bracelet as well as straps? I do like the bracelet, just want to try something different.

JohnPilot

For steelstrap screwed bars are much easier to handle.

ZellerFTW

Okay guys... by my question still remains:

Are those bars that I linked to going to work with the stainless steel bracelet as well as leather straps? Or do I need something different (or the original quick release pins) for when I put the bracelet back on?

houndoggie
Okay guys... by my question still remains:

Are those bars that I linked to going to work with the stainless steel bracelet as well as leather straps? Or do I need something different (or the original quick release pins) for when I put the bracelet back on?

Those will not work with the bracelet. Only the original bars will work. The holes are too small the bracket lugs to fit the thickness of the springbars (which are designed to replace screw bars and the strap tubes). You can use the springbars on the 312/328 if your qr button fails, but then you are regulated to just straps.