dmpmassive

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Geographic - WI - Review and Photos

Aquila

Can you link me to that watch?

I can't get on WI for some reason...

Great review and stunning pics!

zaibrockstar

Hi,

I bought same watch but its with different dealer. I have tried both CCW and CW. Both primary and seconday starts to rotate. I cannot set different time on them ? Any suggestions ?

For the benefit of anyone owning this timepiece and wondering how to set it, rotating the crown CCW will advance both the primary and secondary timezone hour hands. Rotating the crown CW will only advance the primary timezone hour hands. The minute hands are coupled. So, start with CCW rotation to set the secondary timezone, then CW rotation to set the primary. I may edit this post with more complete instructions later.

Daywatch

Was fascinated by this watch and how it displays the GMT time and planning to buy this one in 2014. So it was fantastic to stumble on Your review and these absolutely stunning pictures in a beautiful setting you posted. Thanks for the explanation of how the rep works too. Great job.

Daywatch

Have one question: How is the lume or does it have any? like to see the time at night, specially if I´d take this with me when travelling.

marre

Absolutely stunning watch. i'm looking for something similar. Watchinternational seems to be down though?

edigital

Thank OP for the review. Defintely one to keep in mind for a classy dress watch.

Kopcap

i've tried to get one and asked different TD : no more stock anywhere...

it's a very beautifull watch and i definitely want to wear one !

aflop

just picked up a steel one at a steal (pardon the pun) from Sead.

Love it.

randomguy101

I have one from WI, the lume and the strap are both terrible. It's still a great watch though, I'd wear mine a lot more if it wasn't as big.

Kopcap

I have one from WI, the lume and the strap are both terrible. It's still a great watch though, I'd wear mine a lot more if it wasn't as big.

yes it's a beautifull and big watch

BTW, if you're up to sell it, i'm ready to buy (can't find any with all TDs.... ) : just let me know :Praying:

marreep

It's too bad it's so big. My brother has this gen and i think it's 39mm. Absolutely stunning watch none the less.

Malkovich
It's too bad it's so big. My brother has this gen and i think it's 39mm. Absolutely stunning watch none the less.

Yes, but I think this rep comes in at 42mm, which is big for a watch of this style.

A shame because I could live with all of its other flaws.

mach19

Welll... I ve just read this for the third time... And ve just placed an order.

Very helpful. Will post my review as a reply when i ll get it. Thanks a lot for the great review work dmpmassive

Robeng

Definitely one of the best reps under $150

Working second time zone

Working power reserve meter

Power reserve is + 40 hrs accurate movement

Looks very stylish

Just put a really good quality soft leather strap on it black or brown...This is important as it puts the watch in a different class imo

People if you get the chance buy one!

wsimoldo

I know I am late to this party but I bought both the white/silver on black strap and white/rose gold on brown strap. They are both beautiful. I agree that the straps are weak and I want to upgrade. I have bought a dozen reps from TDs over the months but never a strap. Any suggestions for nice croc/leather straps? What should I expect to pay? I saw on another post that a 22/18 would fit and I would be able to use the JLC buckle. Thanks.

Foxindebox

Hi bill, wouldn't use your email as a username mate :)

Variatio Delectat

I know I am late to this party but I bought both the white/silver on black strap and white/rose gold on brown strap.

As I'd love to get my hands on a SS one, would you mind telling where you got them?

Teddyfigo

1. It's not 21j, it's modified Seagull ST-1780 with 23 jewels.

2. Crown @10 set up the city, and THEN you set up the second time zone, according to this city time. Very simple.

Great watch, have the same, enjoy!

Thanks Luthier!

I've edited accordingly concerning the correct movement.

I agree with you about setting time regarding the crown @10. What I am trying to say in the review is that unlike the gen, this crown will not automatically change the secondary timezone once everything has been setup properly. I can't for example say "Hmm, I wonder what time it is in Caracas..." and then just turn the @10 dial. All it will do is rotate the city names dial, nothing will change with respect the the time displays. If this functionality works on your copy, I'm extremely jealous... :drool:

Hi sorry , I have one of this , trusty time stated the second time zone hands is set via crown ... But I can't do it ... It runs in sync with the main time but I can't adjust it independently?

Teddyfigo

Ok got it counter clockwise for the hours in the second time zone ... So confusing :)

AmoryBlaine

Nice piece, thanks for show it. It'll surely be my next purchase, but in stainless steel. With a strap quality, will be a master purchase.

(Excuse my bad english proficiency)

Malt

I am really concerned because I promised myself that I'd stick with a TD when I started researching this. But I really want a JLC, preferably a tourbillon, and WI (Mary and Roch) have several people posting amazing reviews of their JLC tourbillons. Seems like quite a risk to go with them, but with possibly high rewards. Does anyone know if they are still good in 2015, despite non-TD status and quite a few negative reviews on the net?

/Malt