Sign in to follow this  
ChuckG

Bell&Ross from Toro

ChuckG

Hi everyone, Chuckster back in this b**** with a new order, this time a Bell&Ross BR-02 from Toro. Since its part of its holiday special, I just couldnt resist to get one of these at such a ridiculous price. I mean, 138$ for a clone ETA with sapphire glass is a steal in my book. I took the SS model with numerals since the gold one is too flashy and the black PVD one a bit too stealthy. Communication with Toro have been top notch so far, he replied like 5 times within an hour. I can't say the same of others dealers and at the same time cant blame them either. Probably just a good timing with Toro today. I will post pics (and do a mini-review) of the watch as soon as I get it, even if you folks have seen this one time and time again!

houndoggie

nice, I ordered the SS with dots (and the ebel panda). Those BR02 reps are very well done. Tank like.

Member X

Email sent re: BR02 Pro/Dot dial! :thumbsup:

I would say Thank You but my credit card thinks otherwise ;)

digger2

Me too, BR02 SS with dots ordered!

Higs

Got QC pics of mine tonight....

%25E7%2585%25A7%25E7%2589%2587%25201.JPG

daymeeyan

Very nice!

slask111

very nice! I just ordered the BR02 PVD Pro with numerals, i like the stealth look.

edwinowl

Me too just to good to turn down.

dalboy

$138...a no brainer ..may fill a hole in my box with one..

Dal..

HeavyKrush

Picked up the numeral BR-02. Waived the QC pcs. Hopefully I'll have my grubby mitts on it soon. Really wanted this watch for a while.

adegox

Nice! Im about to pull the trigger on the gold one :)

Member X

Well, mine is here! :thumbsup:

It's amazing for about £100 shipped - I'm not quite sure where the remaining £2200 goes in the gen... (although 1000m water resistance must be quite expensive to develop and manufacture lol)

Awesome quality, feels 'all of a piece' :) The rehaut ring moves round with a very positive action, lines up perfectly, is lumed at the 12 o'clock triangle and is only unidirectional, as per the Gen, I believe. The crown is equally positive in engaging the threads and operating the hands / datewheel. The crystal is perfectly pressed and even, visible screw heads are not messed up at all, and the rubber strap is comfy and still has 2 holes left to go on my 6.75" wrist, albeit very slightly 'plasticky' (which should hopefully disappear a bit with use, although I'm not quite sure what the Gen is like so it may be accurate!) The seconds hand sweep is also as smooth as an ETA (clone or Swiss) should be.

Only things I would change would be to get it superlumed and get some colourless AR on the crystal to replace the blue-ish AR that these come with. :)

But, even then, the lume manages to still be visible 6 hours later in the dark (it reminds me of the lume on the BK WM9 YM - not that bright to start with but lasts a long time) so it's not really a problem, I've just been spoiled by the Noob and H-Factory PAMs! The AR may also be quite accurate to Gen - the ebay listing I have found for apparently Gen BR02 crystals (for $250!) shows them with a light blue AR that is clearly visible at certain angles, so the blue tint to the AR on these reps may well not be that far off :)

Either way, regardless of the minor 'flaws' to the Gen, the BR02s are amazingly quality for an amazing price. I've long thought that these are up there approaching Super Rep status because they are so close to the gen, and now I know the quality is good enough to back the looks up to all but a gen B&R owner or a true WIS.

Get one, wear it, don't stress about the 'tells' - they are a rare watch and no-one has heard of B&R anyway! :lol:

Toro, thank you for such a good deal :)

Higs

Well, mine is here! :thumbsup:

It's amazing for about £100 shipped - I'm not quite sure where the remaining £2200 goes in the gen... (although 1000m water resistance must be quite expensive to develop and manufacture lol)

Awesome quality, feels 'all of a piece' :) The rehaut ring moves round with a very positive action, lines up perfectly, is lumed at the 12 o'clock triangle and is only unidirectional, as per the Gen, I believe. The crown is equally positive in engaging the threads and operating the hands / datewheel. The crystal is perfectly pressed and even, visible screw heads are not messed up at all, and the rubber strap is comfy and still has 2 holes left to go on my 6.75" wrist, albeit very slightly 'plasticky' (which should hopefully disappear a bit with use, although I'm not quite sure what the Gen is like so it may be accurate!) The seconds hand sweep is also as smooth as an ETA (clone or Swiss) should be.

Only things I would change would be to get it superlumed and get some colourless AR on the crystal to replace the blue-ish AR that these come with. :)

But, even then, the lume manages to still be visible 6 hours later in the dark (it reminds me of the lume on the BK WM9 YM - not that bright to start with but lasts a long time) so it's not really a problem, I've just been spoiled by the Noob and H-Factory PAMs! The AR may also be quite accurate to Gen - the ebay listing I have found for apparently Gen BR02 crystals (for $250!) shows them with a light blue AR that is clearly visible at certain angles, so the blue tint to the AR on these reps may well not be that far off :)

Either way, regardless of the minor 'flaws' to the Gen, the BR02s are amazingly quality for an amazing price. I've long thought that these are up there approaching Super Rep status because they are so close to the gen, and now I know the quality is good enough to back the looks up to all but a gen B&R owner or a true WIS.

Get one, wear it, don't stress about the 'tells' - they are a rare watch and no-one has heard of B&R anyway! :lol:

Toro, thank you for such a good deal :)

That completely sums up what I think of mine.

I almost always wear a Panerai on a Friday but I think it may get a run out tomorrow.

It was dark by the time I got mine yesterday so pics are crap but here they are anyway....

P1040385.JPG

P1040389.JPG

gB.
..may fill a hole in my box with one..

That's what she said...? :lol:

These BR02 specials look great. Enjoy!

edwinowl

Member x that's spot on. These are very close to Gen I've been looking again can spot a slight excess of Lume on the triangle above 12. That's about it. Just check the 4 screws around the glass as one of mine was loose. It's just awesome for the money. Get one.

Member X

Member x that's spot on. These are very close to Gen I've been looking again can spot a slight excess of Lume on the triangle above 12. That's about it. Just check the 4 screws around the glass as one of mine was loose. It's just awesome for the money. Get one.

Good eyesight on the lume on the triangle - mine seems to have a small gap at the top but it's a fraction of a mm so I'm not bothered :)

I also forgot to check my screws this morning :facepalm: so am now paranoid! lol

Higs

Here's a few more pics of mine....

P1040412.JPG

P1040416.JPG

P1040417.JPG

P1040411.JPG

adegox

Beauty, Cant wait for mine!

solkryssare

Are these 44 mm? I could just google it but where's the fun in that!

Suncoast

I'm waiting for mine as well, BR-02 SS with numerals 44mm . As far as the front case screws do you think I should maybe put a touch of blue locktite on the threads or just make sure they are tight?

Edited by Suncoast

rory4881

My first order is inbound from Mary, but I am getting the itch to order the BR also.

Decisions, decisions!

thenoon

I've likes these for a while, this may be my time to lose my Toro cherry.......

Member X

I'm waiting for mine as well, BR-02 SS with numerals 44mm . As far as the front case screws do you think I should maybe put a touch of blue locktite on the threads or just make sure they are tight?

I think they will be fine - check them to see if they move at all when they arrive, but mine were solid!

emmune

I bought the SS numerals but now I'm liking the pro dial more....maybe I'll order another one.

digger2

Got mine today, after pressing the crystal and some grease I tested it to be pretty water resistant also, here are some pics:

DSCN4539_950.jpg

DSCN4546_w1.jpg

DSCN4549_950.jpg

DSCN4541_950.jpg

DSCN4550_950.jpg