Sign in to follow this  
ChuckG

Bell&Ross from Toro

emmune

Got mine today, after pressing the crystal and some grease I tested it to be pretty water resistant also, here are some pics:

DSCN4539_950.jpg

DSCN4546_w1.jpg

DSCN4549_950.jpg

DSCN4541_950.jpg

DSCN4550_950.jpg

Yup regretting not getting the pro dial already!

Anyone know how durable the PVD coating is on these? I'm pretty rough on my watches.

brmracer

Super good looking :thumbsup:

Member X

Great pics, digger :thumbsup:

Those are the pics I wanted to take! :lol:

Do you have a proper water resistance tester? How deep did you get it??

BadPickle

jeeeeezzzz!!! thats a beauty!! was itching to get my hands on something before christmas too!! :giggle:

only thing is, not keen on the rubber strap. anyone got one on leather??? what's the lug width?

Higs

jeeeeezzzz!!! thats a beauty!! was itching to get my hands on something before christmas too!! :giggle:

only thing is, not keen on the rubber strap. anyone got one on leather??? what's the lug width?

I looked into this as I wasn't sure I'd like the rubber.

As it happens, I have no issue with it.

Lug width is 26mm.

There are plenty of aftermarket options if you want something to mate with the shape of the case e.g. http://www.bandrbands.com/team02.aspx

Or Dangerous9: http://dangerous9straps.blogspot.co.uk/

BadPickle

I looked into this as I wasn't sure I'd like the rubber.

As it happens, I have no issue with it.

Lug width is 26mm.

There are plenty of aftermarket options if you want something to mate with the shape of the case e.g. http://www.bandrbands.com/team02.aspx

Or Dangerous9: http://dangerous9str...blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks Higs, i've a pam rubber on a deploy which i "hate" it's a sticky kind of soft rubber, YUK!!

These look the business tho mate! That reply just cost me around £100. :giggle:

thanks again! :lmao:

Higs

That reply just cost me around £100. :giggle:

thanks again! :lmao:

Just doing my bit to kick-start the global economy,

digger2

Great pics, digger :thumbsup:

Those are the pics I wanted to take! :lol:

Do you have a proper water resistance tester? How deep did you get it??

Thank's!

Yes I have a proper tester, I noticed a leak between the case and the outer metal ring in both lug ends, I think I will try to put a gasket there. Not sure if you can just lift it up without problems.

Member X

Cool, thanks for the info! :)

Shame they're not tight :(

Do you mean bubbles between the metal piece screwed down around the sapphire?

digger2

Yes, and the screws was fully tightened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Member X

Bugger...

Is the metal cover with the screws just decorative? And the crystal pressed in to another part of the case, forming a seal there?

I am wondering if the bubbles are just air escaping from under the metal cover and nothing to worry about...

Someone needs to strip one down to check :D lol

digger2

Bugger...

Is the metal cover with the screws just decorative? And the crystal pressed in to another part of the case, forming a seal there?

I am wondering if the bubbles are just air escaping from under the metal cover and nothing to worry about...

Someone needs to strip one down to check :D lol

Agree, who will be the first.... I was very close yesterday, but it looks like everything including the moving ring will follow so got second thoughts about it and wondered how to get the rotating mechanism back if removed and screwed it back, want to use the watch some more days before trying anyway.

BTW it was 4 Bar test and only bubbles from there, but bad enough as it looks if you want to use it for snorkeling, shower I think is ok without problems, have already done that twice...

Member X

Oh cool, it sounds like it is at least splashproof :)

One of the modders needs to do a full strip down, service and waterproofing!

I do like mine a lot :) If I get lots of money for christmas (unlikely :lol:) then I might get another one and send it away to Wiz!

digger2

Oh cool, it sounds like it is at least splashproof :)

One of the modders needs to do a full strip down, service and waterproofing!

I do like mine a lot :) If I get lots of money for christmas (unlikely :lol:) then I might get another one and send it away to Wiz!

It wasn't so hard open it and get it closed again, no tricky parts, I think the problem is the gasket, tried to put it in place and grease it but still leaking (a little bit less), maybe need more preassure from screws or better gasket.

DSCN4559_869.jpg

DSCN4562_870.jpg

DSCN4563_871.jpg

digger2

Just blew my buckle springbar and ended up drilling the hole up about 0,2 mm to get a 1,8 mm springbar fitted.

AstroAvia

Hey, digger2, thank you for the photos showing the BR open! I am about to receive my 02-94 and I am ready to correct its sunken date wheel, but I had no idea this watch is the front-loading movement type! Now I know it is. And it seems to me like a thicker o'ring is needed to ensure proper water tightness, right?