Sign in to follow this  
csplummer

5512 case front gasket

csplummer

Anyone know what size and where to get the gasket that goes in the channel between the plexi and the crystal retaining ring? Just discovered it when I changed the crystal the other day....no gasket in there but apparently there should be.

alligoat

I think it's the same gasket as the caseback- 29-325.

csplummer

That is what I thought but a caseback gasket is just as tad too large in diameter. The style and thickness seemed right, but neeeds to be smaller. Next time I have one aapart I will measure the diameter but I ffigure there has tto be an appropriate part number but I can't find reference to it anywhere.

alligoat

I'm pretty sure that I used the 325 which is probably 32.5mm- maybe diameter. Now mine went in a MBW 1680 which is really a 5513 case and it fit perfectly. Which case do you have? Is it an MBW or something else?

csplummer

I have the Polex case which I believe is a copy of a copy. Can I ask where you found the gasket?

csplummer

I need to measure the next time, but the caseback gasket I had didn't fit the front.

csplummer

I tried a new gasket aggain today and it worked! You were right, ssame as caseback. Thanks alligoat!