Sign in to follow this  
Big Bert

Rep BR being passed off as "authentic prototype" on the EBay

Big Bert

Hi folks,

Yep this is my very first post on here so, hi!

I have however already made my first purchase with WI and will update with images and feedback as soon as it arrives.

Out of curiousity I like to have a look on Ebay from time to time just to see what is happening in the world and came across this BR listing

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bell-Ross-BR01-92-Heritage-black-PVD-MILITARY-SPEC-Limited-Edition-Prototype-/121031193819?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item1c2e0574db&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1414

Now even as a complete noob or whatever we get tagged with I can tell that this is a rep and is being passed off as a "prototype" watch. It has all the easy signs, fake screws on back, mis-spelled MILIARY and QUARTZ MOVEMENT mistake.

Can you report a seller like this or is it simply a case of "too bad so sad" for the people silly enough to buy these? This is the 2nd BR he has listed today with bids climbing to nearly $2000.

So, hi again to all of you, I am happy I found this site a few months ago when looking into reps. I'll be back soon

Cheers.

Big Bert

Answered my own question and found the report item button.

fatarms

Not to mention that the caseback tells you to use a 1.3mm hex wrench to unscrew the "etched" screws on the back :lol:

Big Bert

But it's just a prototype so there are going to be things wrong with it right? haha

Anyway I've reported it, I know it's the buyer's own fault but I can't help but feel sorry for the poor person that forked over $1700 of their hard-earned for an $80 watch!

trailboss99

Oh hell yes, report away, we do.

Grimmi

Hate seeing people trying to rip people off...

peakpower

As long as the buyer uses Paypal, they are protected against counterfeit items. However, the buyer needs to aware that it is counterfeit in order to file a claim with Paypal.