Sign in to follow this  
deju

Omega Seamaster Clasp spring fix (if loose or won't close)

deju

Ok guy's be gentle this is my first post on here....long time lurker who finally signed up!

I decided as my first rep watch from a TD I wanted the Omega Seamaster (nothing to do with James bond...honest :giggle: )...

Having done my research online before purchase I knew that many people had had slight issues with the clasp... Strangely even some GEN owners!

I still wanted one and hit up a TD to get one and it was love at first sight... Unfortunately when I got it, it had clasp locking issues... My watch just wouldn't close... If I shake the watch left to right it would allow it to lock on random occasions (maybe 1x in every 8 attempts) but even then the slighest nudge/twist of the wrist and it would unlock... Not great if out and about.

I noticed that the clasp guide on here seemed to have no images so I decided I would buy a GEN spring ( £10 on ebay UK) and set about doing a tutorial...

Beats my first n00b post being a "where can I by the best sub?" plus I've learnt lots from you guys and I wanted to try and give something back !!

Hope this helps someone :) My watch Clasp is now tight and will only unlock by pressing the buttons!!

omegaspring.jpg

onionbag

:clap:

Sticky methinks?

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG. Excellent first post and well done on the repair job. Got a gen Seamaster and no problem with the clasp locking.

Regards,

Jan

:q5:

sequoia

Welcome. I have a UPO and am aware of the clasp concerns. So far mine seems to work but if I need to fix it I will definitely find this thread.